U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2012, 05:20 PM

9,369 posts, read 18,026,258 times

Advertisements

I'd rather they face the Niners than Saints, but either way I don't think Giants are going to the SB. Regardless, their season has been a success as far as I am concerned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 05:41 PM

1,080 posts, read 828,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I'd rather they face the Niners than Saints, but either way I don't think Giants are going to the SB. Regardless, their season has been a success as far as I am concerned.
I agree, a success indeedy!

It was the same mentality in 2007, Tampa had the best defense, they didn't stand a chance, oh wait, there's no way they could beat the Boys, arghhh, Greenbay, don't even think about winning at lambeau field, and lastly the Pats, are you crazy or have gone completely mad, the odds may seem to be against Big Blue but you just never know, I am not going to count them out, they are not sitting this one out and regardless of the outcome, it has been a good season for them, heck, Eli practically carried the team on his shoulders in the beginning of the season, now they are healthy, have momentum, it's anybodys game!

Old 01-10-2012, 06:04 PM

11,724 posts, read 11,556,423 times
Major assumptions going on (by some people), have to wait and see, wish the Giants/Pack played on Sat. instead of late on Sunday!

Hate being the last game! I hear our 1st snow of the season is coming Thurs., temps due to drop, just in time for the game!

Here is an interesting fact from the Packers website. They post a "dope" sheet on games, things teams have in common, very interesting reading. I found this to be especially so:

•Since the advent of free agency in 1993, there has been only one season (1999) that didn’t include either the Packers or Giants in the playoffs. Since 2006, Green Bay ranks No. 1 in the NFC in regular-season winning percentage (.656, 63-33), while New York checks in at No. 3 in the conference (.594, 57-39) behind only New Orleans (.646, 62-34).

Not too shabby for both teams, they have a long history, first time they played 1928! OK, I'll leave you guys alone for a little while!

Last edited by susancruzs; 01-10-2012 at 06:18 PM..

Old 01-10-2012, 06:19 PM

364 posts, read 655,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Major assumptions going on (by some people), have to wait and see, wish the Giants/Pack played on Sat. instead of late on Sunday!

Hate being the last game! I hear our 1st snow of the season is coming Thurs., temps due to drop, just in time for the game!
I hope for the Packers sake it won't be too cold. With their passing offense they'll be better off if temps don't dip too far below 30.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:58 AM

2,223 posts, read 4,410,105 times
The colder the better! Make it -2 again... Time to shut down Rodgers!

Old 01-11-2012, 10:57 AM

3,962 posts, read 2,514,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post

Here is an interesting fact from the Packers website. They post a "dope" sheet on games, things teams have in common, very interesting reading. I found this to be especially so:

Since the advent of free agency in 1993, there has been only one season (1999) that didn’t include either the Packers or Giants in the playoffs. Since 2006, Green Bay ranks No. 1 in the NFC in regular-season winning percentage (.656, 63-33), while New York checks in at No. 3 in the conference (.594, 57-39) behind only New Orleans (.646, 62-34).

Not too shabby for both teams, they have a long history, first time they played 1928! OK, I'll leave you guys alone for a little while!
That is interesting...I didnt know that--pretty impressive by both teams...

Old 01-11-2012, 01:11 PM

8,115 posts, read 17,337,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrplr View Post
The colder the better! Make it -2 again... Time to shut down Rodgers!
I don't know about this... first of all Rodgers performed spectacularly against the Bears in the NFC Championship game last year outdoors in Chicago with temps below 20 degrees. Similarly, E. Manning's performance in the 2007 NFC Championship game was nothing to sneeze at. So, the next line of thought would be to examine the two running games in such conditions, neither of which are very stout. However, I believe the Packers ability to defend against the run is greater than is the Giants, and if bad weather were to somehow impact the game, and running the ball was leaned upon, the Packers I think might somehow be able to do so more effectively.

Both teams are healthier now than they have been all season, even James Starks for the Packers and Aaron Ross for the Giants should be able to play.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:13 PM

We are getting our first real winter weather tomorrow in the form of snow and cold temps to follow. AR says he likes the colder temps rather than the 30s we've been having, he didn't elaborate too much during the interview.

Field conditions might be slippery but the turf is nowhere near the condition of Soldier field. Packers have spent a great deal of money having it heated. Bears players talk about how GB is 175 mis. north, how awesome the field is.

It will be interesting to see how much of a running game we see from both teams. Grant has been doing o.k. in Starks absence, I'm sure we'll see both on Sunday. Using the term running game rather loosely, such as it is!

Old 01-12-2012, 01:17 AM

12,671 posts, read 21,068,596 times
I have a feeling that Eli will engineer a long drive at the end and Tynes will kick the winning FG as time expires.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:50 AM

Keep dreaming, we all know why you want the Giants to win, instead of the Packers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or