Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2012, 01:49 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,619,981 times

Advertisements

Yes, Giants win!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 02:49 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,711,953 times
So if Giants and Saints win. Giants go to GB and Saints go to SF?

Old 01-02-2012, 07:01 AM

14,283 posts, read 14,512,878 times
Yep, could get interesting! I think Giants and Saints are hot. I don't think a bye is always a good thing, better to keep on playing. Giants should beat the Falcons, no problem.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:38 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Y'all should make Rob Ryan an honorary Giant.

His 4th quarter defense has put the Giants in the playoffs.

Cowboy Fan
Actually, the Giants should have had the Cowboy's buried by the third quarter but Kevin Killdrive went into predictable mode with his play calling. Why he finds a way to make every game closer than it should be is beyond me.

Regarding Ryan's defense, the fact is, they are just not that good. If he, instead, sat back in cover 2 and applied no pressure, Eli would have just picked the secondary apart. Choose your poison.

Anyway, I do think the Giants have a good chance against the Falcons. Beyond that, we shall see.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:28 AM

10,004 posts, read 11,067,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Actually, the Giants should have had the Cowboy's buried by the third quarter but Kevin Killdrive went into predictable mode with his play calling. Why he finds a way to make every game closer than it should be is beyond me.

Regarding Ryan's defense, the fact is, they are just not that good. If he, instead, sat back in cover 2 and applied no pressure, Eli would have just picked the secondary apart. Choose your poison.

Anyway, I do think the Giants have a good chance against the Falcons. Beyond that, we shall see.
Great win...but I agree. The Giants can NEVER blow anyone out. Us fans are used to it.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Great win...but I agree. The Giants can NEVER blow anyone out. Us fans are used to it.
So true--we are used to it--especially this year.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
So true--we are used to it--especially this year.
Its the way it is. Never see them close a team out. They always get real conservative on offense and loose on defense.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:51 PM

10,162 posts, read 20,699,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Its the way it is. Never see them close a team out. They always get real conservative on offense and loose on defense.
That's what drives me crazy about them, especially playing that damn soft prevent defense. Can't count how many games it "prevented" them from winning when they should have.

Good win though, and hopefully they get past Atlanta. I'm just not convinced they can beat either the Saints or the Niners. I just want the strongest NFC team to go to the SB this year because they will likely be playing New England, and I can't stomach another New England SB victory.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
That's what drives me crazy about them, especially playing that damn soft prevent defense. Can't count how many games it "prevented" them from winning when they should have.

Good win though, and hopefully they get past Atlanta. I'm just not convinced they can beat either the Saints or the Niners. I just want the strongest NFC team to go to the SB this year because they will likely be playing New England, and I can't stomach another New England SB victory.
As we have seen the past few years...the hottest team will go...its the new NFL way. I would not count anybody out.

You thnk N.E. walks past Baltimore? I dont see it.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:17 PM

Yeah, I dont know who is going to win in the AFC between Pittsburgh, New England and Baltimore. It will be interesting.

I like the Giants chances, but I still think GB and NO are the teams to beat. I think SF will have problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football