Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2012, 09:26 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,865,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbergen View Post
very gracious of the non-giant fans on this board to offer kind words about the gmen's win tonight. very classy, guys and gals.

btw, wellington mara's widow just berated terry bradshaw on live tv (off-mic, but still audible to those watching on tv), just as he was about to interview victor cruz. classic!
Just because he picked the Giants?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 09:44 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,665,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Not sure how you can compare the two based on what we saw today... if that's what you're doing.

Great game in the NFC championship... in the rain no less. The G-Men won tonight because they blinked one less time than the 9ers. Good game good win.

The Pats, on the other hand... should thank their lucky stars that they are going to Indy. The Ravens had the game tied or won... and basically dropped their opportunity. Tom Brady may be determined to win and all that... but they better bring all phases of their game to Indy.

If this game is anything like the last one, it will be an awesome Super Bowl.
Well, I had my money on the Giants.
It was a bit frustrating. All of the false starts were horrible.
The offense looked sloppy, and Eli was getting frustrated.
The Defense did well to contain the Niners.
I think without those two botched returns by the Niners, it would have been another story.

They did it before, and if all cylinders are are clicking, they can do it again, I will have my dough on Archie's boy, Eli, and Big Blue. So I hope they can repeat.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:10 PM

17,932 posts, read 27,345,678 times
Well... give both teams credit for playing good D and doing what they could in the rain.

I don't know who will win. I do believe that either team can win it and I have no clue on who will be favored. I suppose the nod goes to the Patriots, but based on how the post season has gone for the two... throwing out the Bronco game... it looks like it will be a close game.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:25 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,078,275 times
A well deserved win, way to go Big Blue ! ! ! !

Old 01-23-2012, 07:57 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,067,960 times
I'll hate the Giants forever now, but good close game. Two muffed punt returns seal the game.
Beat the Patriots now.....

Old 01-23-2012, 09:11 AM

1,103 posts, read 2,254,568 times
the refs were being dbags throughout the game to the giants and they did it when they played they packers too. i don't know what's going on with the nfl and refs but this apparent favoritism better not happen in the super bowl as it's bullcrap and i put money on the giants.

the pats don't even deserve to be in the super bowl. that game was all ravens. ravens lost, patriots did not win. hopefully the giants can beat the cheatriots again and get some heightened security during practice. tha pats defense is too weak to hold back eli and the giants o right now and the giants d is still good enough to hold the pats and overrated tom brady back enough for eli and cruz to tear up the score board. eli will run circles around brady in this super bowl. tom brady is an overrated joke, a product of his cheating coach and his offensive line.

i will be laughing straight to the bank with this one, new england.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:11 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,865,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
the refs were being dbags throughout the game to the giants and they did it when they played they packers too. i don't know what's going on with the nfl and refs but this apparent favoritism better not happen in the super bowl as it's bullcrap and i put money on the giants.

the pats don't even deserve to be in the super bowl. that game was all ravens. ravens lost, patriots did not win. hopefully the giants can beat the cheatriots again and get some heightened security during practice. tha pats defense is too weak to hold back eli and the giants o right now and the giants d is still good enough to hold the pats and overrated tom brady back enough for eli and cruz to tear up the score board. eli will run circles around brady in this super bowl. tom brady is an overrated joke, a product of his cheating coach and his offensive line.

i will be laughing straight to the bank with this one, new england.
Brady admitted yesterday that he played a horrible game

Old 01-24-2012, 12:42 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,730,513 times
The only thing that gives me a glimmer of confidence is that the Giants had to beat much better teams in order to ge to the SB. But of course that in itself is not enough to convince me they'll beat the Pats for a third time. The Patriots stepped up in the post season where it was needed. Granted Baltimore gave that game away, but you can never count out a healthy Tom Brady and you can never bet on a sure thing with the Giants. They've played hot and cold this season and I hope they are firing on all cylinders for this game, they are going to need it. Can't afford any mistakes or turnovers and hopefully this game isn't decided by a bad call from the officials. Giants have been on the receiving end of some awful calls by the officials during their last two games. Pats are usually favored by officials.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:03 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,631,289 times
The problem is, when people expect the Giants to lose, they seem to play better. Expect them to win, and that's when they lay an egg...

Old 01-30-2012, 04:05 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,150,127 times
Go new york !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football