Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2015, 10:04 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times

Advertisements

To top it off, most of the pundits I heard kept saying, OBJ is a good guy... yea.. good (dirty) guy.. I get that he was is a hot head, that's obvious but hitting him in the wallet will not suffice, he needs to sit the rest of the season and reflect... if not by the NFLs doing, by the Giants doing.. but you know that wont happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2015, 10:18 AM

1,069 posts, read 712,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
What makes matters worse is that the NFL refs have been getting POUNDED all year for blown calls / etc.....

Since Coughlin wasn't going to do it, They (referees) had an opportunity to make this right by immediately kicking him out of the game, and they failed.

Could anyone imagine the reprocussions if Norman got seriously injured on that spear head hit from OBJ? He came right at him like a missile....

NBC did a TERRIBLE job last night...Dungy and Harrison should be ashamed of themselves..not once did I hear them before/after the AZ/PHI game call OBJ out and say he should've been suspended. Unfortunately THAT was the story of the day....

These sports media people are something else....ALWAYS pandering to the NFL player.

Can we get some people who tell it like it is? The only one I heard yesterday say something was Jimmie Johnson on FOX. Jeez...
I heard Aikman all over Coughlin for not pulling him out of the game

Old 12-21-2015, 10:33 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
I heard Aikman all over Coughlin for not pulling him out of the game
You are 100% correct...Aikman during the coverage was disgusted and he voiced his opinion how he was shocked that Coughlin was not part of the conversation the assistant coach had w/OBJ on the sideline....

Buck also was disgusted....

Old 12-21-2015, 10:36 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
I'm not a Giant fan but I'm on OBJ's side. Norman started the whole thing by talking trash after OBJ missed that obvious catch for a TD in the first quarter. Norman should have been flagged for taunting. OBJ has never done that to anyone. It is pathetic that fans and media alike fail to hold the instigators responsible in some way. You see this all the time. Some guy cheaply taunts and instigates a fight but never gets caught and you witness the reaction. Even after the game, Norman showed what a meathead he is. He kept alluding to OBJ dancing like Michael Jackson etc....so what!!! He is not hurting anyone by having fun with the game. The meathead that Norman is felt it was his job to punish and humiliate OBJ for that before the game started.

OBJ was wrong for leading with his helmet and trying to hurt Norman. But you can also understand why he did that with Norman because he got under his skin and instigated the whole thing. Yet, the majority of people are looking at Norman like he is a victim. Sorry, Josh but if you are going to talk trash and humiliate a player, you are going to get yours.

Nonetheless, I also agree with fans this was a major fail by the officials. The officials should be fined and suspended. They missed citing Norman for taunting after the first missed catch. Both players should have been ejected or at the very least OBJ should have been kicked out after the helmet-to-helmet hit. The officials enabled this fight because OBJ is a start athlete. Like the NBA, the refs are giving preferential treatment and didn't want to eject a star player.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 12-21-2015 at 10:57 AM..

Old 12-21-2015, 10:48 AM

529 posts, read 1,203,798 times
Post repeat offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I'm not a Giant fan but I'm on OBJ's side. Norman started the whole thing by talking trash after OBJ missed that obvious catch for a TD in the first quarter. Norman should have been flagged for taunting. OBJ has never done that to anyone. It is pathetic that fans and media alike fail to hold the instigators responsible in some way. You see this all the time. Some guy cheaply taunts and instigates a fight but never gets caught and you witness the reaction. Even after the game, Norman showed what a meathead he is. He kept alluding to OBJ dancing like Michael Jackson etc....so what!!! He is not hurting anyone by having fun with the game. The meathead that Norman is felt it was his job to punish and humiliate OBJ for that before the game started . . .
Beckham has been fined twice already. One fine was for punching players after the whistle in the game with Buffalo. Any further action from the league office may take into consideration that Beckham is a repeat offender.

Old 12-21-2015, 10:49 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,083,707 times
Quote:
I'm not a Giant fan but I'm on OBJ's side. Norman started the whole thing by talking trash after OBJ missed that obvious catch for a TD in the first quarter. Norman should have been flagged for taunting. OBJ has never done that to anyone. It is pathetic that fans and media alike fail to hold the instigators responsible in some way. You see this all the time. Some guy cheaply taunts and instigates a fight but never gets caught and you witness the reaction. Even after the game, Norman showed what a meathead he is. He kept alluding to OBJ dancing like Michael Jackson etc....so what!!! He is not hurting anyone by having fun with the game. The meathead that Norman is felt it was his job to punish and humiliate OBJ for that before the game started.

OBJ was wrong for leading with his helmet and trying to hurt Norman. But you can also understand why he did that with Norman because Norman is a classless punk who got under his skin and instigated the whole thing. Yet, the majority of people are looking at Norman like he is a victim. Sorry, Josh but if you are going to talk trash and humiliate a player, you are going to get yours.

Nonetheless, I also agree with fans this was a major fail by the officials. The officials should be fined and suspended. Both players should have been ejected or at the very least OBJ should have been kicked out after the helmet-to-helmet hit. The officials enabled this fight because OBJ is a start athlete. Like the NBA, the refs are giving preferential treatment and didn't want to eject a star player.
I'm sorry, but if that's how you respond to some trash talk...that's completely unprofessional. Regardless of who started it, Beckham took it to extreme levels and should be suspended as a result.

Old 12-21-2015, 10:50 AM

Quote:

OBJ was wrong for leading with his helmet and trying to hurt Norman. But you can also understand why he did that with Norman because Norman is a classless punk who got under his skin and instigated the whole thing. Yet, the majority of people are looking at Norman like he is a victim. Sorry, Josh but if you are going to talk trash and humiliate a player, you are going to get yours.

Nonetheless, I also agree with fans this was a major fail by the officials. The officials should be fined and suspended. Both players should have been ejected or at the very least OBJ should have been kicked out after the helmet-to-helmet hit. The officials enabled this fight because OBJ is a start athlete. Like the NBA, the refs are giving preferential treatment and didn't want to eject a star player.
Spin it any way you want, there is absolutely no excuse for sprinting 20 yards back to play and searching out a player to launch yourself, leading with your helmet into the jaw of another player for the sole reason to injure that other player....NO EXCUSE, END OF DISCUSSION....

So another player is trash talking and instead of trash talking back, you let him get you so upset with words, that you try to physically injure the other person? Is Beckham an 8 yr old????

Old 12-21-2015, 11:02 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
Spin it any way you want, there is absolutely no excuse for sprinting 20 yards back to play and searching out a player to launch yourself, leading with your helmet into the jaw of another player for the sole reason to injure that other player....NO EXCUSE, END OF DISCUSSION....

So another player is trash talking and instead of trash talking back, you let him get you so upset with words, that you try to physically injure the other person? Is Beckham an 8 yr old????
There is no excuse for you to hold only one player responsible....PERIOD!!! Taunting leads to issues like this. Unlike you, I'm a realist and a pragmatist. It shouldn't happen that a player becomes so enraged that he throws punches after being taunted but it happens. Players are human and humans make poor decisions while emotional. And if you think it doesn't happen, you are clueless. If you want to stop things like this from occurring in the future, then the refs should do their job and stop it in the beginning. And also, suspend players or eject them from the game early after punches are thrown. Both players should have been dealt with before the helmet to helmet hit.

And to be honest, I'm not surprised this happened. Norman is a punk. And it was only a matter of time before a player went off on him for his shenanigans. You can get away with taunting for so long before a player loses it.

Look at the Cardinals - Eagles game. John Brown misses a wide open TD reception in the first play of the game and no Eagle DB walked up to Brown and humiliated him. Sorry but I'm not going to excuse Josh Norman just because he was the victim of a helmet to helmet hit.

Old 12-21-2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:
There is no excuse for you to hold only one player responsible....PERIOD!!! Taunting leads to issues like this. Unlike you, I'm a realist and a pragmatist. It shouldn't happen that a player becomes so enraged that he throws punches after being taunted but it happens. Players are human and humans make poor decisions while emotional. And if you think it doesn't happen, you are clueless. If you want to stop things like this from occurring in the future, then the refs should do their job and stop it in the beginning. And also, suspend players or eject them from the game early after punches are thrown. Both players should have been dealt with before the helmet to helmet hit.

And to be honest, I'm not surprised this happened. Norman is a punk. And it was only a matter of time before a player went off on him for his shenanigans. You can get away with taunting for so long before a player loses it.

Look at the Cardinals - Eagles game. John Brown misses a wide open TD reception in the first play of the game and no Eagle DB walked up to Brown and humiliated him. Sorry but I'm not going to excuse Josh Norman just because he was the victim of a helmet to helmet hit.
I am not a Panther fan, but I LOVE what Norman did....he took Beckham out of the game....great job!

Old 12-21-2015, 12:33 PM

806 posts, read 958,730 times
In one clip I saw Norman grab ODB and throw him down hard to the turf so he did instigate it trying to get in his head. Which worked until that TD on 4th down that tied the game.

I see ODB being fined $50k but not suspended. Giants need him to keep their slim playoff hopes alive and Goodell doesn't want to be hated by NYC more than he already is. Plus it'll be his way of saying a big FU to that movie about concussions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football