Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2018, 12:43 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,045,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
If David Gettleman has intelligence, the Giants should be transitioning to post-Eli Manning mode now. Manning will be around this season and possibly another. The 2020 season would be the season to move on or trending upward.
Didn't your previous coach try to do that last year? - and then he was fired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2018, 08:37 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
David Gettleman was fired from the Carolina Panthers after making bad decisions. If he has not learned his lesson, he does not need to be a general manager.

Old 09-12-2018, 01:22 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,653,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Didn't your previous coach try to do that last year? - and then he was fired.
The previous coach was a flat out idiot.

Old 09-13-2018, 11:47 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
I predict this year the Giants will go 5 and 11.

They will beat the Cowboys probably 23 to 20.

They will lose to Texas because 3 premier pass rushers.

Big loss to the Saints

Lose to Panthers

Lose to Eagles

Destroyed by Falcons

Lose to Redskins

Lose to 49ers

Lose to Buccs

Lose to Eagles

win against Bears

Lose to Redskins

Win against Titans

win against Colts

Win against cowboys

I can't see them winning big this year, the schedule is tough because I just don't see how their defense and their semi-improved offense can put up big numbers. Next year we finally draft a QB and bench Eli. Barkley is not gonna make a difference because Eli just doesn't disguises his plays. We know when the run is coming and we know when he is passing. Too predictable for last 7 years.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:56 PM

3 Win team this year, if they are lucky. They can't beat anybody with that offensive line and Eli's inability to make play.

Old 09-17-2018, 06:49 PM

I still dont know what I think of Eli. He has been under siege for 3 years now. This was supposed to be a better offensive line this season. I wasnt sure how good the line would be, but I thought--at the very least--it would be better than last year's. I have never seen a struggle so badly against simple line stunts. I mean, I am not sure I have seen little league football teams struggle like that.

As for Eli, as I said, I dont know what to think. He is always under duress. The Giants may have ruined him themselves because it reaches a point that you dont get pressure, but you are seeing 'ghosts' because you have been pressured so much.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:51 PM

People keep making excuses for Eli but the fact is that he's not the only guy with a bad offensive line. Aaron Rodgers in one season had multiple games that he was sacked multiple times but he still make plays. Eli doesn't have any escapability and bad at throwing on the move. There was a couple of times the Giants almost got to Prescott but he showed his athleticism by running out and getting yardage. That's how you do it but that's a tall order asking Eli to do it.

Even a few downs that Eli had time, he poorly threw the ball. As I mentioned, he doesn't know how to disguise his play it makes Barkley look bad trying to break tackle just for a measly 2-3 yards.

They've got a $23 mil receiver that can't show off his ability.

Old 09-17-2018, 10:20 PM

And people keep hammering Eli because he is Eli. He has never had the mobility that Rodgers or Prescott has had. He is not going to get it all of a sudden at age 37. Do I think Eli has missed some plays? I think he has, but with the line being so terrible, he is doomed. I dont recall so many free rushers running at Rodgers, and Rodgers' line never couldnt handle a simple line stunt. Multiple games for Rodgers? We are now talking about multiple seasons for Eli.

Old 09-17-2018, 10:42 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,613,288 times
How about this theory: Eli just isn’t that good? He’s basically Joe Flacco with one more super bowl run and a more talented brother.

A good Motto for Eli.
Eli: He is what he is.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
How about this theory: Eli just isn’t that good? He’s basically Joe Flacco with one more super bowl run and a more talented brother.

A good Motto for Eli.
Eli: He is what he is.
I can agree with that, actually. I think he is better than Flacco, but I know that isnt saying much, and I am not saying he beats Flacco in a landslide, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football