Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2015, 01:31 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times

Advertisements

Fewell out as DC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 06:16 PM

138 posts, read 164,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Fewell out as DC.
Its about time! The defense has been a damn disgrace to the franchise.

Old 01-08-2015, 01:12 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,420 times
Will the ST coach follow Fewell out the door?

Old 05-01-2015, 02:44 PM

Giants pick Ereck Flowers from Miami in the first round...what do you guys think?

I actually like the pick. I think the Giants, picking #9, basically missed out on all of the agreed upon (by the 'experts') top prospects by one. However, I like Flowers since, he is supposed to be very powerful, and should be able to instantly help the anemic running game. They say his blocking technique needs work, but considering how bad the Giants ran the football last season, he can only help.

Put him at right tackle, move Push inside, and I think we may finally have some semblance of a decent offensive line:

RT - Flowers
RG - Schwartz
C - Richburg
LG - Pugh
LT - Beatty

If they can stay healthy, I am fine with this group. Is it elite? No, but waaaaay better than what the Giants have been trotting out there the past couple of years and I think way more serviceable.

Old 07-23-2015, 08:49 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Giants pick Ereck Flowers from Miami in the first round...what do you guys think?

I actually like the pick. I think the Giants, picking #9, basically missed out on all of the agreed upon (by the 'experts') top prospects by one. However, I like Flowers since, he is supposed to be very powerful, and should be able to instantly help the anemic running game. They say his blocking technique needs work, but considering how bad the Giants ran the football last season, he can only help.

Put him at right tackle, move Push inside, and I think we may finally have some semblance of a decent offensive line:

RT - Flowers
RG - Schwartz
C - Richburg
LG - Pugh
LT - Beatty

If they can stay healthy, I am fine with this group. Is it elite? No, but waaaaay better than what the Giants have been trotting out there the past couple of years and I think way more serviceable.
It is solid as you have it. Hopefully by week 5 that is what it is.
Until then there maybe trouble with Beatty out. I really do not want the rookie at LT but if he has a great camp I will be ok with it for a few weeks. When Beatty comes back the line could really gel.

Old 07-24-2015, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
It is solid as you have it. Hopefully by week 5 that is what it is.
Until then there maybe trouble with Beatty out. I really do not want the rookie at LT but if he has a great camp I will be ok with it for a few weeks. When Beatty comes back the line could really gel.
I agree. I am gravely concerned about the rook at LT. I still believe he is going to be a good player, but being thrown in at the LT, is baptism by fire. Not only that, if he struggles, it has the potential to take down what could be a very, very good offense.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I agree. I am gravely concerned about the rook at LT. I still believe he is going to be a good player, but being thrown in at the LT, is baptism by fire. Not only that, if he struggles, it has the potential to take down what could be a very, very good offense.
Yup- Eli needs to trust his line. We will see in training camp if Flowers earns Eli's trust.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:37 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
if his line can keep him upright, i think the Giants could be the sleeper in the east this season. Everybody is focused on Philly and Dallas...I think the G-men might make a solid run at the division this year.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
if his line can keep him upright, i think the Giants could be the sleeper in the east this season. Everybody is focused on Philly and Dallas...I think the G-men might make a solid run at the division this year.
Simplistically : They could have a very potent offense with an improved defense.
Now remember they were 6-10 but teams turn it around often in this NFL. Especially if you have a healthy Franchise QB.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:13 AM

14,322 posts, read 14,618,819 times
Read James Jones may sign with the Giants! He may have lost a step but he is familiar with McAdoo and the system, a good guy, not a bad pick up for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football