Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 09:52 AM

121 posts, read 409,864 times

Advertisements

is that most Giants fans are Yankee fans.

And it will be great to drive another stake through a Yankee fan's heart.

Go Pats!!! 19 - 0.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 10:05 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,602,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncwannabe2 View Post

Go Pats!!! 19 - 0.
not me....i personally think pats fans are generally just as obnoxious as yankee fans, but don't or won't admit it.....stuff like "being jealous", "dynasty" is thrown around both fans camps. yuk.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:30 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,584,944 times
Quote:

Go Pats!!! 19 - 0.
Let me just point out one thing to you. If the Yankees and Giants don't win another title (division, league etc.) in the next 4 upcomming seasons and the Pats and Red Sox do, that will give them a combined total of 53 titles since both teams inception. At 53 you will be 53 short of the 106 combined totals that the Yankees and Giants have attained. That's from a Yankee / Giant / Celtic fan. The air is rarified up here!

Old 01-21-2008, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
Let me just point out one thing to you. If the Yankees and Giants don't win another title (division, league etc.) in the next 4 upcomming seasons and the Pats and Red Sox do, that will give them a combined total of 53 titles since both teams inception. At 53 you will be 53 short of the 106 combined totals that the Yankees and Giants have attained. That's from a Yankee / Giant / Celtic fan. The air is rarified up here!
Most recent NY championship please? Can' keep hanging your hat on what used to be. Boston is a great place to be a sports fan. Time will change that, so we enjoy it while we have it.

How do you become a Yankee and Celtic fan? I didn't think that was allowed

Old 01-21-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Most recent NY championship please? Can' keep hanging your hat on what used to be. Boston is a great place to be a sports fan. Time will change that, so we enjoy it while we have it.

You guys have been on a roll for the last "FEW" years. Let's see what you do over the long haul. Remember that a broken clock is even perfect twice a day.

Went to a Celtic / Knick game in 1962. We got there early and watched them shoot around. As a kid of twelve years old I attempted to get a couple of Knick signatures without any luck. I was able to obtain a couple of Celtic autographs that day so I officially wrote off the Knicks. I think it broke my old mans heart. I've rooted for them ever since. As a matter of fact I'm happy to announce that as I am typing this the Celtics are beating the Knicks 9-4 in the first quarter. I couldn't be happier

Old 01-21-2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:

O.K. The Yankees won the east in 2006 and the Giants won the NFC this year. I guess that's pretty recent. You gotta know that I love to stir the pot! I am also hoping that my beloved Celtics win the whole shabang this year. They have a great shot.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:30 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,021,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
not me....i personally think pats fans are generally just as obnoxious as yankee fans, but don't or won't admit it.....stuff like "being jealous", "dynasty" is thrown around both fans camps. yuk.

Amen to that! If not more Obnoxious.... This Redskins fan is rooting for NFC East and the NY Giants.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:51 PM

Default i meant championships....not division titles

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
O.K. The Yankees won the east in 2006 and the Giants won the NFC this year. I guess that's pretty recent. You gotta know that I love to stir the pot! I am also hoping that my beloved Celtics win the whole shabang this year. They have a great shot.
winning the east in 06 doesn't count for anything, nor does winning the NFC this year. If you don't win it all, the season just didn't matter.

I'm with you on the Celts. Here's my luck. I went to 2 games this year....both losses. First one in Orlando, and then home against Charlotte. Guess I need to stay away from the green this year.

Old 01-21-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
winning the east in 06 doesn't count for anything, nor does winning the NFC this year. If you don't win it all, the season just didn't matter.

I'm with you on the Celts. Here's my luck. I went to 2 games this year....both losses. First one in Orlando, and then home against Charlotte. Guess I need to stay away from the green this year.
You shouldn't have gone there. If that's the case than the 26 Yankee world series titles vs. the Red Sox 7 is quite a difference. They have been both around for the same amount of time. I'll agree that the Pats have obviously outpaced the Giants over the last few years. Since their inception in 1960 the Pats have 3 super bowls to the Giants 2. By the way the Celts put it to the Knicks today so I'm a happy camper!

Old 01-21-2008, 11:39 PM

66 posts, read 185,191 times
Quote:

Go Pats!!! 19 - 0.
Actually I'm a native New Englander who is also a lifelong NY Giants fan and I couldn't care less about the Yankees or baseball in general. Believe it or not I grew up in the same town as Carlton Fisk (granted, I was just a couple of months old when they rang the bell to celebrate his famous home run) and even that couldn't get me interested in the Red Sox.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football