U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-21-2008, 06:53 PM
 
Location: Midwestern Dystopia
2,298 posts, read 2,873,770 times
Reputation: 2606

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
This is redicilous, absolutely redicilous. If it wasn't for Favre, you wouldn't even be in the position to go to the Super Bowl. Not to mention the two Super Bowl appearances and the one Super Bowl win. He's the iron man of the NFL, a first ballot hall of famer that has been the face of your franchise. One of the classiest, good guys in the NFL. He had one bad interception last night, now you're throwing him under the bus!! How about the lack of running game? The play calling? Soft Defense? Or just the fact that the Giants were the "Better" team. The Pack didn't lose that game, the Giants won it. Cut the guy some slack.
How many Packers game have you actually watched? It's certainly not just one interception but MANY over his WHOLE career. He is the all time leading Interception leader for a reason. If you read my original post you'd know the exact same thing happened in Philadelphia in an NFC Championship game, and basically, every other game the same thing happens in regard to his rediculous decisions on throwing the ball.

Whether he's a first ballot halloffamer or not (he is) doesn't make the horrible decisions any better, in fact they make them alot worse as no so called "elite" or "all time great" QB the likes of Montana, Marino or Elway ever was so careless with the ball. That's my Point! I'm not saying the Packers aren't better off with him the last 17 years, they are, but for such a highly esteemed QB he is amazingly careless with the ball in addition to some of the other things mentioned in the OP. (throwing high to recievers, not taking hits)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-21-2008, 06:56 PM
 
Location: Midwestern Dystopia
2,298 posts, read 2,873,770 times
Reputation: 2606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I don't think Brett Favre sould be condemned because he made some mistakes in the twilight of his career.
he's not being comdemned for a few mistakes in the twilight of his career but rather a series of horrible decisions throughout his career. He makes decisions that a rookie would make. He's the all-time leading interception leader for a reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2008, 07:37 PM
 
Location: Central Nebraska
1,821 posts, read 4,443,066 times
Reputation: 5065
He broke George Blanda's record for interceptions, George Blanda is in the Hall of Fame was he overrated too? His career touchdown to interception ratio is basically 2 to 1, it's not like he is throwing more picks than touchdowns. I also believe what really matters in the NFL is winning, and I believe he has the most career victories (till Brady passes him). Also I believe that Green Bay and Philly have never played in an NFC championship game in Farve's career. I believe you are refering to a second round game a few years back where Green Bay also gave up a 4th and 20, so you can't totally put that game on Farve. Your entitled to your opinion, but mine is Farve is not overrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2008, 08:17 PM
 
Location: Midwestern Dystopia
2,298 posts, read 2,873,770 times
Reputation: 2606
[quote=tpabes;2583589]He broke George Blanda's record for interceptions, George Blanda is in the Hall of Fame was he overrated too? /quote]
no, but then again there's not one football fan who'd say they'd take George Blanda over Brett Farve. I'm not comparing BF to George Blanda ,and you know that, but rather to Montana, Marino, Elway et all. When ppl talk about the greatest of the game they don't talk about George Blanda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2008, 08:51 PM
 
Location: Popeyes
762 posts, read 1,445,213 times
Reputation: 164
oh and the play calling yesterday was like the mike sherman days
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2008, 04:26 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
3,675 posts, read 7,364,320 times
Reputation: 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by 414Milwaukee View Post
The giants sucked if they were good they would have killed us we just sucked and they sucked too.

What are you talking about dude?? The Giants sucked??!! The same Giants that beat Tampa Bay at home and the #1 seed, Dallas at home, then Greenbay at home!! The same Giants that nearly beat the Pats!! And How did the Packers suck if they were the #2 seed and got far in the playoffs? They only had 3 losses with that young roster. They did not suck, they just lost one game to a better team, the Giants peaked at the right time, that's all. With that young roster, that Defense, WRs etc.... the Pack will be back next year.

Last edited by X-Greensboro Resident; 01-22-2008 at 04:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2008, 04:31 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
3,675 posts, read 7,364,320 times
Reputation: 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
How many Packers game have you actually watched? It's certainly not just one interception but MANY over his WHOLE career. He is the all time leading Interception leader for a reason. If you read my original post you'd know the exact same thing happened in Philadelphia in an NFC Championship game, and basically, every other game the same thing happens in regard to his rediculous decisions on throwing the ball.

Whether he's a first ballot halloffamer or not (he is) doesn't make the horrible decisions any better, in fact they make them alot worse as no so called "elite" or "all time great" QB the likes of Montana, Marino or Elway ever was so careless with the ball. That's my Point! I'm not saying the Packers aren't better off with him the last 17 years, they are, but for such a highly esteemed QB he is amazingly careless with the ball in addition to some of the other things mentioned in the OP. (throwing high to recievers, not taking hits)
WHATEVER DUDE!! I've watched MANY Packers games, thank you very much!! Don't insult my Football smarts to make your point.

The bottom line is that you take the good with the bad and Favre has more good than bad. Don't believe me, put in that back QB who broke his freaking foot in one game and see how many NFC Championships you'll lose. How about ZERO, since you won't even get there. Yeah, sure he's thrown some bone headed INTs over the years, but how come you're not remembering all the great TDs and all the great games he's had? You're having "selective" memory, only remembering his bad games. I agree to disagree with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2008, 06:11 AM
 
Location: NJ
12,284 posts, read 30,267,804 times
Reputation: 5176
I wonder if this would've even been a post had GB won Sunday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2008, 07:21 AM
 
8,878 posts, read 7,978,864 times
Reputation: 5064
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
What are you talking about dude?? The Giants sucked??!! The same Giants that beat Tampa Bay at home and the #1 seed, Dallas at home, then Greenbay at home!! The same Giants that nearly beat the Pats!! And How did the Packers suck if they were the #2 seed and got far in the playoffs? They only had 3 losses with that young roster. They did not suck, they just lost one game to a better team, the Giants peaked at the right time, that's all. With that young roster, that Defense, WRs etc.... the Pack will be back next year.
Did you ever think Farve and your beloved Packers looked bad because the Giants made them look bad? We heard the same nonsense from the Cowgirl fans....you both got beat now stop whining and give credit where its due.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2008, 07:28 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
3,675 posts, read 7,364,320 times
Reputation: 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Did you ever think Farve and your beloved Packers looked bad because the Giants made them look bad? We heard the same nonsense from the Cowgirl fans....you both got beat now stop whining and give credit where its due.

THAT IS PRECISELY WHAT I HAVE SAID. You obviously have not read all the posts before responding. Or maybe you just didn't understand them. I am not a Packers fan. I have given credit to the Giants for what they have done, I'm rooting for them against the Evil Empire. I am only defending Favre and saying that this loss can not be entirely put on his back I have actually said in the other thread that the Packers didn't lose this game, the Giants won it, they were the better team. WHAT PART OF MY POST ABOVE DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?? THE PART WHERE I BRAG ABOUT THE GIANTS BEATING THE #1 SEED DALLAS AT HOME OR THE PART ABOUT THE GIANTS BEATING TAMPA AND GREENBAY AT HOME? YOU ARE WAY OUT OF LINE!

Read all the posts, get all of your facts straight before you open your pie hole!

Last edited by X-Greensboro Resident; 01-22-2008 at 07:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top