U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-29-2008, 06:04 PM
 
2,765 posts, read 6,510,186 times
Reputation: 1448

Advertisements

I still dislike the whole situation, not just because I'm a Chargers fan, but because I feel the whole thing was handled wrong. I don't like any player that feels he's special enough to put himself above the draft or the game in general. Eli is lucky to be playing a professional sport for a living, who is he to try and tell the Chargers who they should and shouldn't draft? Same goes for his father, he was just as much to blame with that whole thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-30-2008, 08:06 AM
 
909 posts, read 2,705,015 times
Reputation: 246
eli was just being smart, he knew that he wouldnt have good teamates at san diego, and look at the great group of guys he has with the new york giants, heck, he won a superbowl, and i know if eli didnt have a great supporting cast like he did in new york, he wouldnt have won a superbowl, if he threw as many interceptions with the chargers as he did with the giants, they would hate him!! you see how Ladanian Tomlinson acts when Phillup Rivers throws interseptions, actually its mostly because rivers is a jacka$$ and doesnt deserve any respect!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2008, 11:47 AM
 
Location: Redneckville, NJ
6,777 posts, read 10,175,857 times
Reputation: 3320
Eli will always = trash in my book. Sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2008, 01:41 PM
 
Location: SUNNY AZ
4,589 posts, read 11,971,051 times
Reputation: 1841
He's a big whiney baby for throwing a tantrum like he did....crazyness....I guess, to me, being drafted and having that kind of opportunity is a privilage not a right.....he should have been greatful but because of who his daddy and brother are/were, he felt the NFL and the world maybe, owed him something. I must say he's done alright though....he has a ring and that's not a cake walk so that has to count for something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2008, 08:26 PM
 
41 posts, read 108,302 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
He's a big whiney baby for throwing a tantrum like he did....crazyness....I guess, to me, being drafted and having that kind of opportunity is a privilage not a right.....he should have been greatful but because of who his daddy and brother are/were, he felt the NFL and the world maybe, owed him something. I must say he's done alright though....he has a ring and that's not a cake walk so that has to count for something

the only big whiney baby i know is phillup rivers

vision-quest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2008, 11:03 PM
 
Location: TX
5,412 posts, read 14,318,207 times
Reputation: 1700
I used to be an Eli Manning disliker, but not after he won SB 42!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2008, 08:38 AM
 
Location: SUNNY AZ
4,589 posts, read 11,971,051 times
Reputation: 1841
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
I used to be an Eli Manning disliker, but not after he won SB 42!
Ohhhh so a bandwagoner hu? Hahahaha JUST KIDDING! But no, he has done well obviously but I still think he's an ungreatful whiney baby.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2008, 10:53 AM
 
Location: TX
5,412 posts, read 14,318,207 times
Reputation: 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Ohhhh so a bandwagoner hu? Hahahaha JUST KIDDING! But no, he has done well obviously but I still think he's an ungreatful whiney baby.....
I should clarify, LOL. I've always been a Giants fan. On draft day, I thought the Giants overpaid to get the #1 pick and select E. Manning. I thought they did so b/c of his name. I was hoping they stayed w/ their original pick and went w/ Big Ben R. I was even more perturbed after Big Ben won the SB w/ the Steelers. But all was well when Manning came into his own starting from Game 16 (Week 17) against the Patriots and carried that throughout the playoffs.

I just hope he can maintain that consistency he found the last 5 games into the 2008 season (which will hopefully extend into 2009!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2008, 11:01 AM
 
Location: SoCal - Sherman Oaks & Woodland Hills
12,977 posts, read 29,647,439 times
Reputation: 10491
I like both Eli and Peyton. I was so happy for Eli and especially Archie when the Giants won the Super Bowl. Poor Archie went through all those terrible years in New Orleans and never had a winining season, now both his boys have rings.

Does anyone else think that Eli looks a bit like a goofy/retarded Third grader with his mouth open all the time as if he's saying "Duuuuuh"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2008, 02:45 PM
 
41 posts, read 108,302 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
I should clarify, LOL. I've always been a Giants fan. On draft day, I thought the Giants overpaid to get the #1 pick and select E. Manning. I thought they did so b/c of his name. I was hoping they stayed w/ their original pick and went w/ Big Ben R. I was even more perturbed after Big Ben won the SB w/ the Steelers. But all was well when Manning came into his own starting from Game 16 (Week 17) against the Patriots and carried that throughout the playoffs.

I just hope he can maintain that consistency he found the last 5 games into the 2008 season (which will hopefully extend into 2009!).


i would be so pissed if big ben roethlisberger wasnt a steeler

vision-quest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top