Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 06:04 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,234,959 times

Advertisements

I still dislike the whole situation, not just because I'm a Chargers fan, but because I feel the whole thing was handled wrong. I don't like any player that feels he's special enough to put himself above the draft or the game in general. Eli is lucky to be playing a professional sport for a living, who is he to try and tell the Chargers who they should and shouldn't draft? Same goes for his father, he was just as much to blame with that whole thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 08:06 AM

910 posts, read 2,984,630 times
eli was just being smart, he knew that he wouldnt have good teamates at san diego, and look at the great group of guys he has with the new york giants, heck, he won a superbowl, and i know if eli didnt have a great supporting cast like he did in new york, he wouldnt have won a superbowl, if he threw as many interceptions with the chargers as he did with the giants, they would hate him!! you see how Ladanian Tomlinson acts when Phillup Rivers throws interseptions, actually its mostly because rivers is a jacka$$ and doesnt deserve any respect!!!

Old 07-02-2008, 11:47 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,934,667 times
Eli will always = trash in my book. Sorry.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:41 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,129 times
He's a big whiney baby for throwing a tantrum like he did....crazyness....I guess, to me, being drafted and having that kind of opportunity is a privilage not a right.....he should have been greatful but because of who his daddy and brother are/were, he felt the NFL and the world maybe, owed him something. I must say he's done alright though....he has a ring and that's not a cake walk so that has to count for something

Old 07-02-2008, 08:26 PM

41 posts, read 118,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
He's a big whiney baby for throwing a tantrum like he did....crazyness....I guess, to me, being drafted and having that kind of opportunity is a privilage not a right.....he should have been greatful but because of who his daddy and brother are/were, he felt the NFL and the world maybe, owed him something. I must say he's done alright though....he has a ring and that's not a cake walk so that has to count for something

the only big whiney baby i know is phillup rivers

vision-quest

Old 07-02-2008, 11:03 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,921,648 times
I used to be an Eli Manning disliker, but not after he won SB 42!

Old 07-03-2008, 08:38 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
I used to be an Eli Manning disliker, but not after he won SB 42!
Ohhhh so a bandwagoner hu? Hahahaha JUST KIDDING! But no, he has done well obviously but I still think he's an ungreatful whiney baby.....

Old 07-03-2008, 10:53 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,921,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Ohhhh so a bandwagoner hu? Hahahaha JUST KIDDING! But no, he has done well obviously but I still think he's an ungreatful whiney baby.....
I should clarify, LOL. I've always been a Giants fan. On draft day, I thought the Giants overpaid to get the #1 pick and select E. Manning. I thought they did so b/c of his name. I was hoping they stayed w/ their original pick and went w/ Big Ben R. I was even more perturbed after Big Ben won the SB w/ the Steelers. But all was well when Manning came into his own starting from Game 16 (Week 17) against the Patriots and carried that throughout the playoffs.

I just hope he can maintain that consistency he found the last 5 games into the 2008 season (which will hopefully extend into 2009!).

Old 07-03-2008, 11:01 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
I like both Eli and Peyton. I was so happy for Eli and especially Archie when the Giants won the Super Bowl. Poor Archie went through all those terrible years in New Orleans and never had a winining season, now both his boys have rings.

Does anyone else think that Eli looks a bit like a goofy/retarded Third grader with his mouth open all the time as if he's saying "Duuuuuh"?

Old 07-03-2008, 02:45 PM

41 posts, read 118,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
I should clarify, LOL. I've always been a Giants fan. On draft day, I thought the Giants overpaid to get the #1 pick and select E. Manning. I thought they did so b/c of his name. I was hoping they stayed w/ their original pick and went w/ Big Ben R. I was even more perturbed after Big Ben won the SB w/ the Steelers. But all was well when Manning came into his own starting from Game 16 (Week 17) against the Patriots and carried that throughout the playoffs.

I just hope he can maintain that consistency he found the last 5 games into the 2008 season (which will hopefully extend into 2009!).

i would be so pissed if big ben roethlisberger wasnt a steeler

vision-quest
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football