U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 09:13 PM

243 posts, read 78,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncwannabe2 View Post
Ever since Eli (or should I say Archie), Manning told the Chargers not to draft him because he wouldn't sign with them, I have lost all respect for the Eli and daddy.

Does this irritate anyone else?

The system is setup so the weakest teams get the better players. Manipulating the system like the Mannings did is just wrong. Dear old daddy Manning just wanted the NY spotlight and for the possibility of a Manning / Manning superbowl. Well, regardless of who Eli plays against, I WILL ALWAYS ROOT AGAINST HIM.

It's too bad Eli has this 3 game winning streak, otherwise he may have been looking for a job.

BTW, I think San Diego is pretty happy how it turned out : getting Merriman and Rivers.
I think the trade helped the Chargers more than the Giants, even though the Giants have won the superbowl. I dont have a problem with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 09:40 PM

29 posts, read 106,752 times
as a giant fan up until this playoff run and super bowl win, i thought we made an awful trade. but now, eli is the man! he did what he was supposed to do and that was all us giants fans wanted. go eli!

Old 07-04-2008, 12:09 PM

41 posts, read 108,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGC View Post
I think the trade helped the Chargers more than the Giants, even though the Giants have won the superbowl. I dont have a problem with it.
ha, ya you can say that again, phillup rivers leads his team to what, a playoff loss, lmao!.. heck the only thing he leads on that team is the trash talk, you see tons of other guys follow him in that catagrory. the only guy i like on the san diego chargers is landanian tomlinson, hes the only guy that acts like a grown up man on that team full of foolish, ignorant players.

in other words, if they didnt have LT, they would of been 6-10 instead.

vision-quest

Old 07-05-2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesvillian View Post
ha, ya you can say that again, phillup rivers leads his team to what, a playoff loss, lmao!.. heck the only thing he leads on that team is the trash talk, you see tons of other guys follow him in that catagrory. the only guy i like on the san diego chargers is landanian tomlinson, hes the only guy that acts like a grown up man on that team full of foolish, ignorant players.

in other words, if they didnt have LT, they would of been 6-10 instead.

vision-quest
Because of that trade, they got Merrimam or how ever you spell it and they got a very good kicker, and Rivers is a pretty good QB. Yes, i believe that the Chargers got the better part of the deal. Yes, without LT they would not be so good, but that is sort of pointless to point out. That is like saying the Giants would have lost the Super Bowl if Tom Brady wouldn't have spent have the game on the floor after being knocked down.

Old 07-05-2008, 02:45 PM

909 posts, read 2,704,649 times
Quote:
Because of that trade, they got Merrimam or how ever you spell it and they got a very good kicker, and Rivers is a pretty good QB. Yes, i believe that the Chargers got the better part of the deal. Yes, without LT they would not be so good, but that is sort of pointless to point out. That is like saying the Giants would have lost the Super Bowl if Tom Brady wouldn't have spent have the game on the floor after being knocked down.

a good kicker... your point is??

rivers still sucks no matter what you say

Old 07-06-2008, 09:07 AM

3,675 posts, read 7,841,166 times
Quote:
Very good kicker?? Are you freaking kidding me? This is the same "very good" kicker who has missed several game winning kicks going back to Marty years including the playoff loss to the Jets.

Your football knowledge is suspect at best, at least do some research before typing on here or calling my post stupid in the other thread when it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about. Cheers!!

Old 07-06-2008, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Very good kicker?? Are you freaking kidding me? This is the same "very good" kicker who has missed several game winning kicks going back to Marty years including the playoff loss to the Jets.

Your football knowledge is suspect at best, at least do some research before typing on here or calling my post stupid in the other thread when it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about. Cheers!!
Did my research, here are the results.

Philip Rivers Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com Rivers stats

Eli Manning Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com Manning stats

Tell, who would you want on your team if you saw only the stats and did know the names of the players? Rivers stats are better than mannings. Kaeding is a pretty good kicker. He is not the best, but he is good. Nate Kaeding Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Shawne Merriman has been a sack monster the last 3 years. He has gone to the pro bowl 3 times. So yes, i think that the Chargers got the better part of that deal, even though the Giants won it first. Which is what i said on one of my posts.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:08 AM

3,675 posts, read 7,841,166 times
^^^^^
DUDE, I was talking apples and now you are talking oranges. I'm not wasting my energy on you anymore, we're DONE!! You're talking to the hands!!

Last edited by X-Greensboro Resident; 07-07-2008 at 04:43 AM..

Old 07-07-2008, 09:09 PM

909 posts, read 2,704,649 times
Quote:
Did my research, here are the results.

Philip Rivers Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com Rivers stats

Eli Manning Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com Manning stats

Tell, who would you want on your team if you saw only the stats and did know the names of the players? Rivers stats are better than mannings. Kaeding is a pretty good kicker. He is not the best, but he is good. Nate Kaeding Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Shawne Merriman has been a sack monster the last 3 years. He has gone to the pro bowl 3 times. So yes, i think that the Chargers got the better part of that deal, even though the Giants won it first. Which is what i said on one of my posts.

man you put alot of extra work in finding those stats... but you know what, we dont need to look at it, we already know whos best, look at superbowl 42, the chargers had 2 chances to beat the patriots this year and failed twice. the giants had 2 chances and realized, man these guys are good, maybe we could outsmart them, and they did! Eli Manning had the best QB rating in the playoffs i believe.

and who gives about the pro-bowl, i mean if he cant get his team to the superbowl, whats so special about him? he throws some of the biggest fits ever when his teamate makes a mistake, than they both throw fits. the chargers in my oppinion are the most imature team in the league, and under that is the cincinnati bengals. which have a much better chance making the superbowl because they have a decent quarterback that doesnt make a fool of himself and acts like a true leader should.

why would you look at stats if you want to find a QB??? that would be the absolute DUMBEST thing to do when your a general manager, you need the clips and highlights and you also need to know there attitude and responsibility ON and off the field, phillup rivers is the most terrible QB ive ever seen, and his teamate LT hates him too with a passion. He comes and sits by him on the bench, LT does the right thing and gets up and leaves right away.

Phillup rivers sucks no matter what you say, and everyone on this forum knows it to. including you

Last edited by Canes2006Champs; 07-08-2008 at 06:57 AM..

Old 07-08-2008, 10:04 PM
HGH

51 posts, read 19,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision-Quest View Post
man you put alot of extra work in finding those stats... but you know what, we dont need to look at it, we already know whos best, look at superbowl 42, the chargers had 2 chances to beat the patriots this year and failed twice. the giants had 2 chances and realized, man these guys are good, maybe we could outsmart them, and they did! Eli Manning had the best QB rating in the playoffs i believe.

and who gives about the pro-bowl, i mean if he cant get his team to the superbowl, whats so special about him? he throws some of the biggest fits ever when his teamate makes a mistake, than they both throw fits. the chargers in my oppinion are the most imature team in the league, and under that is the cincinnati bengals. which have a much better chance making the superbowl because they have a decent quarterback that doesnt make a fool of himself and acts like a true leader should.

why would you look at stats if you want to find a QB??? that would be the absolute DUMBEST thing to do when your a general manager, you need the clips and highlights and you also need to know there attitude and responsibility ON and off the field, phillup rivers is the most terrible QB ive ever seen, and his teamate LT hates him too with a passion. He comes and sits by him on the bench, LT does the right thing and gets up and leaves right away.

Phillup rivers sucks no matter what you say, and everyone on this forum knows it to. including you
Yea, when i saw that i was like . LT gave him the cold shoulder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or