U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2015, 12:52 PM

1,069 posts, read 555,215 times

Advertisements

I am sure this subject is going to garner a lot of debate....is 4 games fair, based on the evidence?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 01:25 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,655,194 times
I thought 10 was a little light. I thought he should have been out for a season (Panthers fan's opinion).

He got to sit back and collect a paycheck last season. He should have had to sit out and not collect one this season.

Old 07-10-2015, 01:44 PM

10,459 posts, read 5,922,719 times
I'm a bit unfamiliar with the facts. Is the feeling that he was guilty and paid his way out of trouble? Or were the charges dropped for other reasons?

Old 07-10-2015, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I'm a bit unfamiliar with the facts. Is the feeling that he was guilty and paid his way out of trouble? Or were the charges dropped for other reasons?
apparently there was overwhelming evidence that he hit/beat his g/f....when it was time to go to trial, she was suddenly out of the country and the charges were dropped

Old 07-10-2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
I thought 10 was a little light. I thought he should have been out for a season (Panthers fan's opinion).

He got to sit back and collect a paycheck last season. He should have had to sit out and not collect one this season.
just curious, is the 10 game to light because of the domestic violence charge or because he took about 15 mil of the Panthers $$$$?

Old 07-10-2015, 08:33 PM

32,439 posts, read 26,308,370 times
well here is an article from the bleacher report about this reduction;

Cowboys and Greg Hardy Luck out on Reduced Suspension | Bleacher Report

Quote:
Hardy was suspended for 10 games after the new policy was in place. But he was being suspended for an incident that occurred before it was in place.
So Hardy and his lawyers were able to argue before arbitrator Harold Henderson, a former NFL lead attorney, that 10 games was excessive, because under the old policy, a first offense for domestic violence was a two-game suspension, not 10.
i think it was a proper reduction given the facts in the case, those being that the offense happened before the policy change. this does not mean that i agree with hardy not having to sit for ten games, had the offense happened after the policy change, then he would be SOL. but you cannot apply a new policy to an old offense, which is where the NFL made their mistake.

Old 07-11-2015, 12:10 AM

3,542 posts, read 7,692,559 times
So many people have opinions on this. So few have researched the evidence.

Listen now to Greg's 911 call as that insane, coked-up fame-chaser set him up:

http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/GregHardy911Call1.mp3

Also - he was suspended FIFTEEN GAMES last year. This is a travesty. Hope Solo got a parade. Greg Hardy is INNOCENT, and people want his head.

Yeah, "convicted" by a head-hunting judge, and then did what he had to do to save his life and career by paying that scum a settlement.

Old 07-11-2015, 07:36 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,121,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfhtex View Post
So many people have opinions on this. So few have researched the evidence.

Listen now to Greg's 911 call as that insane, coked-up fame-chaser set him up:

http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/GregHardy911Call1.mp3

Also - he was suspended FIFTEEN GAMES last year. This is a travesty. Hope Solo got a parade. Greg Hardy is INNOCENT, and people want his head.

Yeah, "convicted" by a head-hunting judge, and then did what he had to do to save his life and career by paying that scum a settlement.
First of all, I see no difference between an alleged woman-beater and an alleged man & woman beater. Allegedly, they both have major problems getting their points across without violence. Allegedly, they both need serious help, as they are both allegedly insecure individuals.

The real problem in these cases seems to be how their respective sports entities mete out their particular forms of justice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football