U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-23-2008, 08:55 PM
JJG JJG started this thread
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,247 posts, read 19,185,053 times
Reputation: 7005

Advertisements

You know what I hate...
When some sports fans have the empty head to talk about YOUR team, when THEIR team doesn't or hasn't done anything. Or when their team's history is worse than yours.
Like some of the Houston Texans fans I've met down here who feel the need to talk about the Cowboys... even though WE made it to the playoffs and had a winning record, but they didn't. Yet they still talk. Why?
I found this comment on youtube from someone who apparently was thinking out of his... you know where....

"...they [the Dallas Cowboys] are, the most classless organization in the nfl hands down"

Really? Our organization is classless. I thought people had gone crazy...er, until I saw these replies....


"So you're saying they're worse then the bengals? Who had everyone in jail lastyear cept for palmer!?!? Or the Eagles fans who booed the drafting of their own qb, Or when they cheered Michael Irvins career ending injury?"


"...you're obviously an authority on classiness. Cowboys fans don't pelt the opposition's team bus with rocks, veggies, whatever else they can get their hands on..."

Sure it's just a game, and not a big deal. But before you say something like that, get your facts in order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-24-2008, 07:29 AM
 
36 posts, read 64,600 times
Reputation: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
You know what I hate...
When some sports fans have the empty head to talk about YOUR team, when THEIR team doesn't or hasn't done anything. Or when their team's history is worse than yours.
Like some of the Houston Texans fans I've met down here who feel the need to talk about the Cowboys... even though WE made it to the playoffs and had a winning record, but they didn't. Yet they still talk. Why?
I found this comment on youtube from someone who apparently was thinking out of his... you know where....

"...they [the Dallas Cowboys] are, the most classless organization in the nfl hands down"

Really? Our organization is classless. I thought people had gone crazy...er, until I saw these replies....


"So you're saying they're worse then the bengals? Who had everyone in jail lastyear cept for palmer!?!? Or the Eagles fans who booed the drafting of their own qb, Or when they cheered Michael Irvins career ending injury?"

"...you're obviously an authority on classiness. Cowboys fans don't pelt the opposition's team bus with rocks, veggies, whatever else they can get their hands on..."

Sure it's just a game, and not a big deal. But before you say something like that, get your facts in order.
Because Dallas has had many winning seasons "other team fans" always look for reasons to put them down (any reason). I have seen on another board where the Redskins fans talk trash, and look at what the Cowboys have done to them in the history.

GO COWBOYS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2008, 08:45 AM
 
Location: Central Jersey - Florida
3,336 posts, read 12,649,322 times
Reputation: 2135
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
You know what I hate...
When some sports fans have the empty head to talk about YOUR team, when THEIR team doesn't or hasn't done anything. Or when their team's history is worse than yours.
Like some of the Houston Texans fans I've met down here who feel the need to talk about the Cowboys... even though WE made it to the playoffs and had a winning record, but they didn't. Yet they still talk. Why?
I found this comment on youtube from someone who apparently was thinking out of his... you know where....

"...they [the Dallas Cowboys] are, the most classless organization in the nfl hands down"

Really? Our organization is classless. I thought people had gone crazy...er, until I saw these replies....


"So you're saying they're worse then the bengals? Who had everyone in jail lastyear cept for palmer!?!? Or the Eagles fans who booed the drafting of their own qb, Or when they cheered Michael Irvins career ending injury?"


"...you're obviously an authority on classiness. Cowboys fans don't pelt the opposition's team bus with rocks, veggies, whatever else they can get their hands on..."

Sure it's just a game, and not a big deal. But before you say something like that, get your facts in order.

They certainly didn't throw snowballs at Santa either . I've been following sports since the late 50s', and I hate to tell you that this isn't something new. My grandfather used to talk bad all the time about the Dodgers and Giants leaving New York and when I say bad I mean like "I wish their plane would crash with all of them on it" he was ruthless. If you want a real treat go to Madison Square Garden for a Rangers game and sit in the blue section or go to the Lincoln Financial Field for a Philly game and wear a Giants Jersey. Bottom line is that trash talking has been around for ever and most sports fans get involved to one degree or another. When it gets violent then it's another story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2008, 02:32 PM
 
Location: Indianapolis
3,675 posts, read 7,844,862 times
Reputation: 2333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman08 View Post
Because Dallas has had many winning seasons "other team fans" always look for reasons to put them down (any reason). I have seen on another board where the Redskins fans talk trash, and look at what the Cowboys have done to them in the history.

GO COWBOYS.

Yeah, I know we talk a little trash but I hope you're not suggesting that Cowboy fans don't talk any trash!! While you guys may not, there are many annoying Cowboy fans who talk waaaaay too much trash. Almost everytime I wear my Redskins jersey, I've had Cowboy fans say something and 40 % of the time it's not friendly or positive. And I know it works the other way around too! Go Redskins!! Another 8-8 season coming up!! Wooo Peeeeee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2008, 02:39 PM
 
Location: Houston, Texas
10,425 posts, read 44,659,508 times
Reputation: 10382
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
They certainly didn't throw snowballs at Santa either . I've been following sports since the late 50s', and I hate to tell you that this isn't something new. My grandfather used to talk bad all the time about the Dodgers and Giants leaving New York and when I say bad I mean like "I wish their plane would crash with all of them on it" he was ruthless. If you want a real treat go to Madison Square Garden for a Rangers game and sit in the blue section or go to the Lincoln Financial Field for a Philly game and wear a Giants Jersey. Bottom line is that trash talking has been around for ever and most sports fans get involved to one degree or another. When it gets violent then it's another story.
You brought back memories. As a lifelong Boston fan living in NJ, I went to many games in Madison Sq Garden to see the Celtics beat the Knicks. The Knicks had a good team then...1970s-80s. If you cheered the other team or wore a shirt of another team you can expect to get stabbed in the back. No one would come to help. They instead would push the knife deeper. Talk about hate? NY are ruthless. Especially when it came to Boston teams.

Dont know about the Rangers as you said because I never cared for Hockey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2008, 06:01 AM
 
Location: Central Jersey - Florida
3,336 posts, read 12,649,322 times
Reputation: 2135
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
You brought back memories. As a lifelong Boston fan living in NJ, I went to many games in Madison Sq Garden to see the Celtics beat the Knicks. The Knicks had a good team then...1970s-80s. If you cheered the other team or wore a shirt of another team you can expect to get stabbed in the back. No one would come to help. They instead would push the knife deeper. Talk about hate? NY are ruthless. Especially when it came to Boston teams.

Dont know about the Rangers as you said because I never cared for Hockey.
I'm not a hockey fan either (my son is) but I do have friends that have season tickets to the Devils and Rangers, so we go once in a while. One of the most brutal Ranger chants is the one that goes "buy a Porsche, Potvin, buy a Porsche". Ranger fans had hated Potvin since the late 70s' when he checked one of their players who wound up breaking his leg. The Rangers fan still to this day say it was a dirty hit. When Pelle Lindberg died here in New Jersey after driving his Porsche into a wall the Rangers fans picked up on it. Shortly after that the chant "buy a Porsche, Potvin, buy a Porsche" became a garden favorite whenever the Rangers played the Islanders. Just imagine 18000 fans shouting that in perfect unison at the garden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2008, 06:26 AM
 
6,760 posts, read 10,433,547 times
Reputation: 2996
I dislike the Cowboys for 2 main reasons.

1. Jerry Jones

2. Rivalry

I love seeing them lose and have a bad season or early playoff exit, but really thats just part of being a sports fan. You like some teams, you dislike others. Overall, Terrell Owens is the only player on the Cowboys I actively dislike, and even at that, he's improved his image a lot this year and become more of a team player and less of a media circus freak.

So while I like for them to lose, at the end of the day, they are just another organization that goes out on the field to win ballgames, just like the rest. Overall, they've been successful and even if I don't like them I respect their competitiveness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top