U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-24-2015, 09:11 AM
 
Location: A great city, by a Great Lake!
15,908 posts, read 10,105,776 times
Reputation: 7456

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Hey! If they have one, YOU seriously need to put in for the Cleveland Browns #1 Fan award! I'd vote for you! You're a walking/talking billboard for the Brownies!

However, the Cardinals haven't been in Arizona long enough to have many super fans yet. I guess the jury is still out for many Arizonans! However, I've personally taken more of a liking to them.

Most Browns fans are very passionate about their team! Even the ones who b*** and moan about quitting them! They're like that girlfriend that always breaks your heart, then begs you to take her back, because she "promises" things will be different. You will not find a "fairweather" Browns fan! In all honestly, the Browns are a huge part of northeast Ohio, and for me a big part of growing up. It didn't matter the occasion. On Sunday, whether it was a holiday, a birthday, or whatever, at 1PM the game was always on! Be it at home, at my grandparents', my dad's or any other family function. If we had to do any shopping, we were done and home before the game started. That remains the same to this day! During some of their better years in the 80s, my parents and their friends would host Browns-Steelers parties, and playoff parties, in which there were plenty of goodtimes. Then of course there were the Browns songs played on EVERY Cleveland radio station, and there were so many with such frequency that it seemed like it was every other song! The atmosphere in this town, truly was electric, and while there has been a similar reaction the Cavs with the bonding, and the comradarie it has created, I can only imagine what it would be like once they finally get over the hump! This town will go nuts! So, as you see... I guess I've been indoctrinated since I first became aware of who the Cleveland Browns were (as is my 12 year old son) and when we say it is in our blood.... it really is!


Damn... now you've got me feeling the football withdrawl! I take back what I said about being too busy enjoying summer! I'M READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL BABY!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-24-2015, 12:51 PM
 
Location: AriZona
5,230 posts, read 3,143,804 times
Reputation: 5401
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Most Browns fans are very passionate about their team! Even the ones who b*** and moan about quitting them! They're like that girlfriend that always breaks your heart, then begs you to take her back, because she "promises" things will be different. You will not find a "fairweather" Browns fan! In all honestly, the Browns are a huge part of northeast Ohio, and for me a big part of growing up. It didn't matter the occasion. On Sunday, whether it was a holiday, a birthday, or whatever, at 1PM the game was always on! Be it at home, at my grandparents', my dad's or any other family function. If we had to do any shopping, we were done and home before the game started. That remains the same to this day! During some of their better years in the 80s, my parents and their friends would host Browns-Steelers parties, and playoff parties, in which there were plenty of goodtimes. Then of course there were the Browns songs played on EVERY Cleveland radio station, and there were so many with such frequency that it seemed like it was every other song! The atmosphere in this town, truly was electric, and while there has been a similar reaction the Cavs with the bonding, and the comradarie it has created, I can only imagine what it would be like once they finally get over the hump! This town will go nuts! So, as you see... I guess I've been indoctrinated since I first became aware of who the Cleveland Browns were (as is my 12 year old son) and when we say it is in our blood.... it really is!


Damn... now you've got me feeling the football withdrawl! I take back what I said about being too busy enjoying summer! I'M READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL BABY!!!
Yep, yep! Yesiree! Football withdrawal is one of the worst! Really, really BAD!

I can't stop it & drop it COLD! It'd be like dropping caffeinated coffee!
I'm ADDICTED! I'm HOOKED! I'm STUCK! I'm a good-fer-nuthin FOOTBALL ZOMBIE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2015, 12:57 PM
 
Location: A great city, by a Great Lake!
15,908 posts, read 10,105,776 times
Reputation: 7456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Yep, yep! Yesiree! Football withdrawal is one of the worst! Really, really BAD!

I can't stop it & drop it COLD! It'd be like dropping caffeinated coffee!
I'm ADDICTED! I'm HOOKED! I'm STUCK! I'm a good-fer-nuthin FOOTBALL ZOMBIE!

So, are you a Colts fan (asking because of your handle) or a Cardinals fan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2015, 01:01 PM
 
Location: Two Rivers, Wisconsin
11,733 posts, read 11,576,448 times
Reputation: 12484
Wow, you have it bad. Living 40 miles from Green Bay, all my local TV is out of GB, I'm rarely out of football coverage or at least something about the organization. My sister would be happy if just one newscast was without a mention of the Packers! Not me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2015, 01:11 PM
 
Location: A great city, by a Great Lake!
15,908 posts, read 10,105,776 times
Reputation: 7456
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Wow, you have it bad. Living 40 miles from Green Bay, all my local TV is out of GB, I'm rarely out of football coverage or at least something about the organization. My sister would be happy if just one newscast was without a mention of the Packers! Not me!

We get a lot of Browns talk here, even with the Indians still playing and the Cavs recent success.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2015, 02:28 PM
 
32,532 posts, read 30,746,802 times
Reputation: 32351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
... playing solitaire 'til dawn... with a deck of fifty-one...
Now there's a golden oldie. Well done, Colt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2015, 02:30 PM
 
32,542 posts, read 26,465,300 times
Reputation: 19182
i offer this up to get your juices flowing in anticipation of the hall of fame game coming up aug 9th;


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbpaxjNlGNw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2015, 02:34 PM
 
Location: A great city, by a Great Lake!
15,908 posts, read 10,105,776 times
Reputation: 7456
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i offer this up to get your juices flowing in anticipation of the hall of fame game coming up aug 9th;


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbpaxjNlGNw

I remember that game. Broncos vs Colts. Right? Eric Dickerson I believe had just been traded to Indy and made his debut as a Colt. If I'm not mistaken the Colts blew out the Broncos that game. IMO Frank, AL and Dan was the best Monday Night Football line up of all time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2015, 03:09 PM
 
Location: AriZona
5,230 posts, read 3,143,804 times
Reputation: 5401
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
So, are you a Colts fan (asking because of your handle) or a Cardinals fan?
No, I'm a Colt thanks to my Dad (he loved his Colt .45), and I'm only a Cards fan because they happen to currently be in Arizona!

Way before the Cardinals were even relevant, my family was into the Cowboys (why wouldn't they be?). However, I personally was always partial to the Miami Dolphins because of Coach Shula (Colts & Dolphins), their '72 season, and Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid (Jim Kiick & Larry Csonka), plus Mercury Morris! What a great stable of running backs!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2015, 04:50 PM
 
32,542 posts, read 26,465,300 times
Reputation: 19182
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
IMO Frank, AL and Dan was the best Monday Night Football line up of all time!
personally i like the early years with frank gifford, don meredeth, and howard cosell. now that was a broadcast team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top