U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 09:13 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,119,337 times

Advertisements

HELP!

NFL & college football ended waaay, waaay back several months ago... and I've been overdosing on NON-football stuff, like...

golf... softball... soccer... beach volleyball... Netflix... old DVDs... new DVDs... DVDs from the library... satellite radio: 50's on 5... 60's on 6... 70's on 7... 80's on 8... 90's on 9... Spa... Watercolors... Escape... crossword puzzles... tic-tac-toe... staring DOWN at the floor... staring UP at the ceiling... staring UP at the sky... watching clouds go by... watching Leave it to Beaver... watching Sewing With Nancy... playing solitaire 'til dawn... with a deck of fifty-one...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 09:24 AM

5,221 posts, read 5,085,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
HELP!

NFL & college football ended waaay, waaay back several months ago... and I've been overdosing on NON-football stuff, like...

golf... softball... soccer... beach volleyball... Netflix... old DVDs... new DVDs... DVDs from the library... satellite radio: 50's on 5... 60's on 6... 70's on 7... 80's on 8... 90's on 9... Spa... Watercolors... Escape... crossword puzzles... tic-tac-toe... staring DOWN at the floor... staring UP at the ceiling... staring UP at the sky... watching clouds go by... watching Leave it to Beaver... watching Sewing With Nancy... playing solitaire 'til dawn... with a deck of fifty-one...

All of those substitutes are OK, in their ways, except one.

DON'T WATCH SOCCER!!! Golf is barely acceptable, but don't watch that most boring version of "run around randomly until you get a chance to put the ball in the hole at the end of the rectangular field as many times as you can in an hour".

Old 07-23-2015, 09:30 AM

2,937 posts, read 1,781,388 times
44 days until the first Saturday of college ball. Not that I'm counting or anything though.

Old 07-23-2015, 09:38 AM

2,322 posts, read 1,759,718 times
what !! you don't watch the SEC network .. seems every one else in the country does by all the nationwide hate the SEC calls we get on the paul finebaum show ... HA ..

Old 07-23-2015, 12:05 PM

32,436 posts, read 26,292,401 times
if you need to watch a contact sport, then watch nascar, especially the short tracks(under a mile).

Old 07-23-2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
what !! you don't watch the SEC network .. seems every one else in the country does by all the nationwide hate the SEC calls we get on the paul finebaum show ... HA ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
if you need to watch a contact sport, then watch nascar, especially the short tracks(under a mile).
That'd be cool, except I cut the cord on CABLE -- just after the Super Bowl -- in order to (gulp) save a few bucks ($$$) until (gasp) FOOTBALL comes back.
It was a tough decision.
I'm deeply depressed but saving a TON of moola!

Old 07-23-2015, 12:58 PM

15,908 posts, read 10,068,925 times
Quote:
HELP!

Golf sucks! So does soccer! Having said that, I don't watch much tv anyway, other than after 9 in the evening, or weekends in the morning. And of course during football season, where on Saturday it's the Buckeyes, and Sunday it's the Browns, then the 4PM game, then the 8PM game, and of course the Monday Night game. I don't have the NFL Network, so I don't get to see the Thursday Night games, unless the Browns are on, and the local affiliate will purchase the rights to show the game. As it stands, I try and spend most of my time after work, and on the weekends outside during the warmer months. I love football, and it is my favorite sport, and I'm excited to see those familiar "pumkin heads" and their new uniforms for the 2015 season. But I can wait, because I enjoy summer much more, and we don't get enough of it here.

Old 07-23-2015, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Golf sucks! So does soccer! Having said that, I don't watch much tv anyway, other than after 9 in the evening, or weekends in the morning. And of course during football season, where on Saturday it's the Buckeyes, and Sunday it's the Browns, then the 4PM game, then the 8PM game, and of course the Monday Night game. I don't have the NFL Network, so I don't get to see the Thursday Night games, unless the Browns are on, and the local affiliate will purchase the rights to show the game. As it stands, I try and spend most of my time after work, and on the weekends outside during the warmer months. I love football, and it is my favorite sport, and I'm excited to see those familiar "pumkin heads" and their new uniforms for the 2015 season. But I can wait, because I enjoy summer much more, and we don't get enough of it here.
Enjoy summer?

Oh.

Cleveland Browns.

Ohio.

Old 07-23-2015, 02:10 PM

15,908 posts, read 10,068,925 times
Quote:
Enjoy summer?

Oh.

Cleveland Browns.

Ohio.

Yeah Cleveland Browns! While current history hasn't been kind to them or us fans (that's changing though), despite that they are one of the most storied franchises in the NFL. There is no denying that, and despite the detractors I expect them to be around 7-9 to 9-7 this year with the upgrades on defense, and the offensive line. The defense was ranked in the top 10 overall, though the glaring weakness was stopping the run. That was addressed with drafting of DT Danny Shelton at number 12. The offensive line is being touted as probably being one of the best going into 2015, and 1st round pick Cameron Erving (19 overall) will help! Pro Bowl center Alex Mack more than likely will be gone after this year, so Erving who played center in college is touted as making an immediate impact, and therefore; the transition will be smooth. The running game should prove solid, as we have depth at running back. The glaring weaknesses are QB, and WR. However; I like the free agent pick ups of Brian Hartline (a former Buckeye and northeast Ohio native), and Dwayne Bowe from KC. As for QB, yes the jury is out with Johnny Manziel, but I'm willing to give him one more shot to prove why we drafted him. I would have preferred to stick with hometown boy Brian Hoyer, rather than going out and getting a 35 year old Josh McCown who is on the back 9 of his career. Still, McCown can be effective, and with a solid running game, strong offensive line I think he will lead them to some wins. I know they aren't there yet, and in a strong division but, 7-9 was quite the improvement over the past several years of 4-12 and 5-11, and I see no reason why they can't be on either side of .500 this year, even with a tougher schedule! Rome wasn't built in a day, and so long as they continue to improve, I'll take that over what we've seen in previous seasons.

I see you're in Arizona, so as for Ohio! No offense, but I'll take the lush greenery of the summer in Ohio than a brown desert any day! It hasn't been the greatest of summers weather wise, but it's beautiful today. About 80 degrees and wall to wall sunshine. In fact, it's supposed to be in the low to mid 80s going into the weekend with no rain chances until Sunday. In fact, we've had several days of dry weather and I will actually have to water tonight, so that my cannas don't dry up. Being that they're tropical flowers, they like a lot of water. Next week the first part of the week will be in the upper 80s before cooling off toward the end of the week. I'm not complaining. Not one bit. I'll be working on adding to my tan this weekend. Sitting in the yard, with a nice cold beer. Ahhh yes!

Old 07-23-2015, 02:36 PM

32,436 posts, read 26,292,401 times
Quote:
That'd be cool, except I cut the cord on CABLE -- just after the Super Bowl -- in order to (gulp) save a few bucks ($$$) until (gasp) FOOTBALL comes back.
It was a tough decision.
I'm deeply depressed but saving a TON of moola!
perhaps go with direct tv??

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I see you're in Arizona, so as for Ohio! No offense, but I'll take the lush greenery of the summer in Ohio than a brown desert any day! It hasn't been the greatest of summers weather wise, but it's beautiful today. About 80 degrees and wall to wall sunshine. In fact, it's supposed to be in the low to mid 80s going into the weekend with no rain chances until Sunday. In fact, we've had several days of dry weather and I will actually have to water tonight, so that my cannas don't dry up. Being that they're tropical flowers, they like a lot of water. Next week the first part of the week will be in the upper 80s before cooling off toward the end of the week. I'm not complaining. Not one bit. I'll be working on adding to my tan this weekend. Sitting in the yard, with a nice cold beer. Ahhh yes!
hey now, there is green out here in the desert. we have green cactus, green mesquite trees, there is even green grass here as well.

and if you came out here, you wouldnt have to "work" on your tan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or