Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 03:52 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
^This^. Scandals tend to get worse the longer they drag out.

If on day one TB had said, "Yeah, the staff knows I like the balls on the light side, sorry if they got carried away. It won't happen again", this would have been forgotten about before the Super Bowl.

I really hope he appeals this and keeps it front page news for 4-5 months and then is suspended for the final 4 weeks of the season or post season (obviously not a Pats fan).

Maybe he could get the same lawyer as his buddy, Aaron Hernandez, might get the team discount.
Are you kidding? People would be still be harping all over it and claiming the Patriots should not have been playing in the Super Bowl. The Patriots have been the single best team in the NFL over the last 13 years. No team has had their level of success. As such, people will look to find anything they can to take shots at then and trash them. Just look at the comments on the myriad of articles that have come out since then.

Last edited by TAM88; 07-30-2015 at 04:04 PM..

Old 07-30-2015, 07:19 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Totally agree. I even wonder if the Seahawks had simply won the darn game if this would still be getting as much traction as it is...
It would be less but it would still be a big off-season story none the less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Are you kidding? People would be still be harping all over it and claiming the Patriots should not have been playing in the Super Bowl. The Patriots have been the single best team in the NFL over the last 13 years. No team has had their level of success. As such, people will look to find anything they can to take shots at then and trash them. Just look at the comments on the myriad of articles that have come out since then.
I wouldn't like that the balls were on the low end and still want the League to take care of the balls going forward but I'd mostly accept it, even though I don't like Brady.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:56 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,661,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
The jealousy the NFL has for the Patriots is embarrassing to them and the rest of the league, and even I can't stand the Patriots or Brady. Like Andrew Luck said, Brady could of been throwing a bar of soap that day and it wouldn't have mattered.
Except there is no way that was the first game in which this happened.

Look at the fumble numbers. Look at "the Deflator" texts. This has been going on for a while and was probably going on the week before the AFC Championship, when they came back and beat Baltimore.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:21 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
MVCheat
The Minnesota judge told Shady not so fast. That you live and play in Massachusetts, the NFLPA is in DC and the NFL main office in NY. So transfer you suit to NY. That will teach Shady not to go judge shopping to get a bias hearing.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:54 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
maybe now we can at last get down to discussing what really matters to NFL fans...how does Jay Cutler manage to keep his job every year?

Old 07-30-2015, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Except there is no way that was the first game in which this happened.

Look at the fumble numbers. Look at "the Deflator" texts. This has been going on for a while and was probably going on the week before the AFC Championship, when they came back and beat Baltimore.
We know the Patriots bend rules if not break them. They had spy-gate, the illegal but legal looking formations against the Ravens but when it comes to deflate-gate, similar to spy-gate there is only one true case where they were truly caught. That being the AFC title game against the Colts.

Old 07-31-2015, 05:40 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
LOL as if their behavior had nothing to do with this. Funny how they are the only successful team who has come under such scrutiny. Cry me a river. They aren't victims, they are CHEATERS. And I'm a Redskins fan, no Pats hate from me. I was rooting for them in the Super Bowl.

There is absolutely no logical explanation for the destruction of a cell phone other than he was hiding evidence. Ask yourself this question Pats apologists: Who destroys their cell phone????

Why in the world would you physically destroy a phone? Give me a reason.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:36 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
As much as I think the whole situation is dumb, overblown, out of control long ago, a destroyed cell phone is just plain stupid. Excuses, I always destroy my cell phones, that is the answer. Both sides at fault here, but this could have gone away been handled already. Now it seems worse, is that possible? Patriots look bad here, over a silly situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
LOL as if their behavior had nothing to do with this. Funny how they are the only successful team who has come under such scrutiny. Cry me a river. They aren't victims, they are CHEATERS. And I'm a Redskins fan, no Pats hate from me. I was rooting for them in the Super Bowl.

There is absolutely no logical explanation for the destruction of a cell phone other than he was hiding evidence. Ask yourself this question Pats apologists: Who destroys their cell phone????

Why in the world would you physically destroy a phone? Give me a reason.
I agree with you both. I think this has been dragged out for far too long, and I was sympathetic somewhat to the team and to Brady for a long time. But destroying his cell phone doesn't look good. I've gotten lots of new phones, I always keep the old one somewhere...why would I destroy it? Doesn't make any sense.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:46 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I agree with you both. I think this has been dragged out for far too long, and I was sympathetic somewhat to the team and to Brady for a long time. But destroying his cell phone doesn't look good. I've gotten lots of new phones, I always keep the old one somewhere...why would I destroy it? Doesn't make any sense.
I have to agree. There must be plenty of ways to unload an older cell phone than by destroying it. Now, I certainly don't want to be just another guy piling on Brady, yet here I am...

Tom's ego must be totally deflated by now!

Old 07-31-2015, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
That's exactly it. I think that should Tom Brady had been upfront, he would have gotten a fine maybe a game suspension but after the fiasco that was Ray Rice, Brady pulls this stunt, it is a problem for the league. I still wonder had it been any other owner, if they would have gotten more games than Brady did. I still believe Brady should have been suspended for the year at least and the AFC title was vacated. The NCAA has retracted wins including titles for less than alleged cheating (ineligible players, players who took money without it going to the NCAA, events on/off campus, etc.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football