U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-30-2015, 03:52 PM
 
3,723 posts, read 3,887,075 times
Reputation: 2782

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
^This^. Scandals tend to get worse the longer they drag out.

If on day one TB had said, "Yeah, the staff knows I like the balls on the light side, sorry if they got carried away. It won't happen again", this would have been forgotten about before the Super Bowl.

I really hope he appeals this and keeps it front page news for 4-5 months and then is suspended for the final 4 weeks of the season or post season (obviously not a Pats fan).

Maybe he could get the same lawyer as his buddy, Aaron Hernandez, might get the team discount.
Are you kidding? People would be still be harping all over it and claiming the Patriots should not have been playing in the Super Bowl. The Patriots have been the single best team in the NFL over the last 13 years. No team has had their level of success. As such, people will look to find anything they can to take shots at then and trash them. Just look at the comments on the myriad of articles that have come out since then.

Last edited by TAM88; 07-30-2015 at 04:04 PM..

 
Old 07-30-2015, 07:19 PM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
27,404 posts, read 15,827,676 times
Reputation: 9901
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Totally agree. I even wonder if the Seahawks had simply won the darn game if this would still be getting as much traction as it is...
It would be less but it would still be a big off-season story none the less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Are you kidding? People would be still be harping all over it and claiming the Patriots should not have been playing in the Super Bowl. The Patriots have been the single best team in the NFL over the last 13 years. No team has had their level of success. As such, people will look to find anything they can to take shots at then and trash them. Just look at the comments on the myriad of articles that have come out since then.
I wouldn't like that the balls were on the low end and still want the League to take care of the balls going forward but I'd mostly accept it, even though I don't like Brady.
 
Old 07-30-2015, 08:56 PM
 
Location: Indianapolis
2,295 posts, read 2,153,313 times
Reputation: 3109
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
The jealousy the NFL has for the Patriots is embarrassing to them and the rest of the league, and even I can't stand the Patriots or Brady. Like Andrew Luck said, Brady could of been throwing a bar of soap that day and it wouldn't have mattered.
Except there is no way that was the first game in which this happened.

Look at the fumble numbers. Look at "the Deflator" texts. This has been going on for a while and was probably going on the week before the AFC Championship, when they came back and beat Baltimore.
 
Old 07-30-2015, 09:21 PM
 
2,634 posts, read 1,124,982 times
Reputation: 3594
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
MVCheat
The Minnesota judge told Shady not so fast. That you live and play in Massachusetts, the NFLPA is in DC and the NFL main office in NY. So transfer you suit to NY. That will teach Shady not to go judge shopping to get a bias hearing.
 
Old 07-30-2015, 10:54 PM
 
Location: Bel Air, California
21,367 posts, read 21,941,997 times
Reputation: 33601
maybe now we can at last get down to discussing what really matters to NFL fans...how does Jay Cutler manage to keep his job every year?
 
Old 07-30-2015, 11:14 PM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
27,404 posts, read 15,827,676 times
Reputation: 9901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Except there is no way that was the first game in which this happened.

Look at the fumble numbers. Look at "the Deflator" texts. This has been going on for a while and was probably going on the week before the AFC Championship, when they came back and beat Baltimore.
We know the Patriots bend rules if not break them. They had spy-gate, the illegal but legal looking formations against the Ravens but when it comes to deflate-gate, similar to spy-gate there is only one true case where they were truly caught. That being the AFC title game against the Colts.
 
Old 07-31-2015, 05:40 AM
 
Location: Mount Airy, Maryland
10,485 posts, read 5,949,749 times
Reputation: 16194
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Are you kidding? People would be still be harping all over it and claiming the Patriots should not have been playing in the Super Bowl. The Patriots have been the single best team in the NFL over the last 13 years. No team has had their level of success. As such, people will look to find anything they can to take shots at then and trash them. Just look at the comments on the myriad of articles that have come out since then.
LOL as if their behavior had nothing to do with this. Funny how they are the only successful team who has come under such scrutiny. Cry me a river. They aren't victims, they are CHEATERS. And I'm a Redskins fan, no Pats hate from me. I was rooting for them in the Super Bowl.

There is absolutely no logical explanation for the destruction of a cell phone other than he was hiding evidence. Ask yourself this question Pats apologists: Who destroys their cell phone????

Why in the world would you physically destroy a phone? Give me a reason.
 
Old 07-31-2015, 08:36 AM
 
Location: On the corner of Grey Street
6,085 posts, read 8,385,153 times
Reputation: 11578
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
As much as I think the whole situation is dumb, overblown, out of control long ago, a destroyed cell phone is just plain stupid. Excuses, I always destroy my cell phones, that is the answer. Both sides at fault here, but this could have gone away been handled already. Now it seems worse, is that possible? Patriots look bad here, over a silly situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
LOL as if their behavior had nothing to do with this. Funny how they are the only successful team who has come under such scrutiny. Cry me a river. They aren't victims, they are CHEATERS. And I'm a Redskins fan, no Pats hate from me. I was rooting for them in the Super Bowl.

There is absolutely no logical explanation for the destruction of a cell phone other than he was hiding evidence. Ask yourself this question Pats apologists: Who destroys their cell phone????

Why in the world would you physically destroy a phone? Give me a reason.
I agree with you both. I think this has been dragged out for far too long, and I was sympathetic somewhat to the team and to Brady for a long time. But destroying his cell phone doesn't look good. I've gotten lots of new phones, I always keep the old one somewhere...why would I destroy it? Doesn't make any sense.
 
Old 07-31-2015, 10:46 AM
 
Location: AriZona
5,230 posts, read 3,135,777 times
Reputation: 5395
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I agree with you both. I think this has been dragged out for far too long, and I was sympathetic somewhat to the team and to Brady for a long time. But destroying his cell phone doesn't look good. I've gotten lots of new phones, I always keep the old one somewhere...why would I destroy it? Doesn't make any sense.
I have to agree. There must be plenty of ways to unload an older cell phone than by destroying it. Now, I certainly don't want to be just another guy piling on Brady, yet here I am...

Tom's ego must be totally deflated by now!
 
Old 07-31-2015, 11:40 AM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
27,404 posts, read 15,827,676 times
Reputation: 9901
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I agree with you both. I think this has been dragged out for far too long, and I was sympathetic somewhat to the team and to Brady for a long time. But destroying his cell phone doesn't look good. I've gotten lots of new phones, I always keep the old one somewhere...why would I destroy it? Doesn't make any sense.
That's exactly it. I think that should Tom Brady had been upfront, he would have gotten a fine maybe a game suspension but after the fiasco that was Ray Rice, Brady pulls this stunt, it is a problem for the league. I still wonder had it been any other owner, if they would have gotten more games than Brady did. I still believe Brady should have been suspended for the year at least and the AFC title was vacated. The NCAA has retracted wins including titles for less than alleged cheating (ineligible players, players who took money without it going to the NCAA, events on/off campus, etc.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top