U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 03:45 PM

3,721 posts, read 3,876,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I agree with you both. I think this has been dragged out for far too long, and I was sympathetic somewhat to the team and to Brady for a long time. But destroying his cell phone doesn't look good. I've gotten lots of new phones, I always keep the old one somewhere...why would I destroy it? Doesn't make any sense.
You're not Tom Brady. You're not one of the biggest sports starts in this country and also married to one of the world's most well known models. Why wouldn't you destroy your phone when you get a new one if you're Tom Brady. Considering how many celebs have had their phones hacked and whatnot, why take a chance? I also get the impression you have not done much reading on what Wells asked of Brady regarding his phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
That's exactly it. I think that should Tom Brady had been upfront, he would have gotten a fine maybe a game suspension but after the fiasco that was Ray Rice, Brady pulls this stunt, it is a problem for the league. I still wonder had it been any other owner, if they would have gotten more games than Brady did. I still believe Brady should have been suspended for the year at least and the AFC title was vacated. The NCAA has retracted wins including titles for less than alleged cheating (ineligible players, players who took money without it going to the NCAA, events on/off campus, etc.)
So if you think the Patriots should have their AFC title vacated, do you also think they should have their Super Bowl title vacated as well? If that's the case, why not vacate the 2 AFC titles the Broncos won when they cheated the salary cap and received a record fine at the time?

You honestly feel Brady deserves a season long suspension? You do realize players who get popped for PEDs only get a 4 game suspension for the first offense.

Old 07-31-2015, 04:04 PM

10,459 posts, read 5,920,270 times
His old phone was de-activated when he got a new one right? Who keeps plans on a dead phone? As far as I know you can't hack a phone that is not active.

Old 07-31-2015, 06:45 PM

27,284 posts, read 15,762,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
You're not Tom Brady. You're not one of the biggest sports starts in this country and also married to one of the world's most well known models. Why wouldn't you destroy your phone when you get a new one if you're Tom Brady. Considering how many celebs have had their phones hacked and whatnot, why take a chance? I also get the impression you have not done much reading on what Wells asked of Brady regarding his phone.
So do most celebrities who destroy phones face legal action? Brady faced an investigation regardless if we think he deserved it or not. Most celebrities fearing hacking don't destroy phones at there times. That is what is raising the questions.

Quote:
So if you think the Patriots should have their AFC title vacated, do you also think they should have their Super Bowl title vacated as well? If that's the case, why not vacate the 2 AFC titles the Broncos won when they cheated the salary cap and received a record fine at the time?
They should too in that case if true. I honestly don't know enough about it.

Quote:
You honestly feel Brady deserves a season long suspension? You do realize players who get popped for PEDs only get a 4 game suspension for the first offense.
Here's the difference, PEDs are not fully effective as the deflated balls are with giving an unfair advantage. Unless the entire team is on PED, it is only one player. The deflated balls are easier to control and catch. Any rb, wr, te or wb can have an easier time holding a ball. Apples and oranges.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:03 PM

131 posts, read 101,791 times
The Pats will start 1-3. The only game they will win is against the Jags who are absolutely pathetic.

I don't think the Cheatriots will finish over 9-7, 10-6 at most.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:59 PM

6,495 posts, read 10,798,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleddust View Post
The Pats will start 1-3. The only game they will win is against the Jags who are absolutely pathetic.

I don't think the Cheatriots will finish over 9-7, 10-6 at most.
Bill Belichick got 11-5 out of Matt Cassell. I won't be surprised if he finds a way.

Old 07-31-2015, 11:10 PM

21,318 posts, read 21,872,221 times
the way Belichick continues to pull horseshoes out of his butt, Garoppolo goes 4 - 0 out-of-the-gate

Old 08-01-2015, 03:55 AM

10,459 posts, read 5,920,270 times
Yeah even without Brady that's still a damned good team. 0-4 won't happen.

Old 08-01-2015, 10:32 AM

2,286 posts, read 1,509,695 times
I think 2-2 is more likely. They'll lose to Pitt and beat Jax. Buffalo could be interesting with Ryan there now. If not, Dallas could still be a tough game to win.

Old 08-01-2015, 01:00 PM

11,722 posts, read 11,543,470 times
Once a month, Mark Murphy, CEO of the Packers, publishes a column where he takes fans questions. This month one was about this issue. He does give a politically correct answer, no surprise, plus as an attorney, careful with his words! I found it interesting because Aaron said he prefers the ball to be on the high end of the allowed range rather than the low end (hand size, feel of football)! Because he said it on his radio show, it still gets mentioned in some articles and he is high profile which would fall in the no one is bigger than the game category.

(Q) How do you think Commissioner Roger Goodell has handled “Deflategate”? It seems to me to be much ado about nothing. They just took a little air out of the ball. His Answer:

First, I don’t think it is a trivial matter. The ball is central to the game, and anything that gives a team a competitive advantage has to be taken seriously, as it affects the integrity of the game. I think Roger has handled a very difficult situation well. One of the most important responsibilities of a Commissioner is to uphold the integrity of the game, and to ensure that the public is confident that the competition on the field is fair. The challenge in this situation is that it involves one of the NFL’s premier franchises and clearly one of the top players. Roger has sent a strong message to everyone involved with the NFL that no team or player is bigger than the game.

Old 08-01-2015, 02:28 PM

3,352 posts, read 2,263,468 times
I cannot Tom Brady is wasting taxpayers dollars to get judge to let him play.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or