U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 05:33 PM

4,890 posts, read 3,978,050 times

Advertisements

I think we are far enough into the preseason that I will stake my 2 cat-cents on the following predictions
AFC EAST
Patriots
Dolphins
Buffaloes
Jets

The Patriots will narrowly win the division, but make an early exit from the playoffs. The Dolphins Defense will win games, the Buffaloes will suffer from poor coaching, and the jets, well, they will spend most of the season grounded at Laguardia.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFC North
BENGALS
RAVENS
STEELERS
BROWNS

The Bengals drafted Oline and beefed up where they needed help. Not sure how sdeep in the playoffs they will go, but given the Ravens inconsistancy and the Steelers showing their mosquito curtain defense so far, I would say that about the only sure thing is that the Browns are still a year or two from a winning season.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFC South

Colts
Jaguars
Texans
Titans

The Titans went with a franchise QB and in a few seasons will not be at the bottom. Meanwhile, the Colts went with a franchise QB a few years ago and he has matured into a Super Bowl contender. As for the other two, well, don;t look for winning seasons just yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFC West

Chiefs
Broncos
Chargers
Raiders

In what is sure to be Peyton Manning's last season, everything finally clicks for the Chefs while the Chargers show their true colors. The Raiders narrowly lose the AFC bottom slot to the Jets, but the new coach at least sets them on the right track, albeit a slow one.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++
NFC East

GIANTS
COWBOYS
EAGLES
REDSKINS

Eli should be back in form, and the Cowboys tend to fall apart under an injury prone QB after a good season. ROmo suffers a season ending injury along the way, while the Eagles do not fly due to tensions between players and coaches. RGIII & Out continues to disappoint fans of the Capital city.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++
NFC North

Packers
Vikings
Bears
Lions

The Packers may be getting thin, but they are still yards ahead of the Vikings, who are finally pulling it together under their franchise QB. The Bears continue to have more gaps than Michael Strahan's teeth, while the Lions defense purrs and lands them in last place.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++

NFL SOUTH

PANTHERS
SAINTS
FALCONS
BUCCANEERS

In case anyone had forgotten, Cam Newton IS the real deal. James Winston may be, but whether he is or not will not be evident for a few seasons. As for the thin Saints, much is expected of rookies, even those who may not be on the team opening day. The Falcons won;t fly very high this year.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++

NFC WEST
SEAHAWKS
CARDINALS
RAMS
49ers

The Seahawks and the game's coolest coach will fly into a third straight Super Bowl. But they will have to get past the Pesky Red Birds, who have quietly continued to build a power team without the fanfare, and only a smattering of followers nationally. If the Rams don't start to come together this season, it is time to fire some people. As for the Once great 49ers, just call them the Disappointment of the Golden State this year, and hope for some talent with those early round picks.

============================================
Playoffs
Patriots Bengals COLTS CHIEFS
Wild Card DOLPHINS BRONCOS

AFC CHAMPION COLTS

GIANTS PACKERS PANTHERS SEAHAWKS
Wild Card CARDINALS Cowboys

NFC CHampion SEASHAWKS

SUPER BOWL CHAMPION SEAHAWKS (again)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2015, 05:46 PM

3,241 posts, read 1,606,681 times
I would like to break down your predictions but for me with one game to go in the pre-season, its too early to tell. Injuries seems to be the story line right now.

I heard today that the Redskin want to shop RGIII, but the ownership is not on board.....maybe the $16 million injury part of his contract has something to do with the ownership dragging its feet.

Watch the Bills as they might surprise the Patriots. Also I wouldn't count out the Chargers as the Chiefs have a tendency to fade.

Old 08-30-2015, 07:26 PM

21,339 posts, read 21,912,385 times
expect the unexpected

Old 08-30-2015, 07:26 PM

10,700 posts, read 11,099,435 times
I predict an overall mediocre season from the whole league, with the league collectively going .500.

Old 08-30-2015, 09:51 PM

Are you either Dick Tracy or Sherlock Holmes' sock puppet?

Old 08-30-2015, 10:52 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,370,704 times
player tensions in philly? what? theres no player tension. everyone for the most part is on board. chips brought in players HE wants and can play the way HE wants them to.

EAGLES take division. i just hope they dont wear down by end of the season like last season and manage the ball/time better.

giants winning the division? their defense is the oldest out of all the nfc east, eli is inconsistent. if they go to the playoffs it will be wild card, not division winners. i do not see them winning 11+ games, unlike eagles and maybe dallas

Old 08-31-2015, 08:39 AM

7,841 posts, read 7,336,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I think we are far enough into the preseason that I will stake my 2 cat-cents on the following predictions
AFC EAST
Patriots
Dolphins
Buffaloes
Jets

The Patriots will narrowly win the division, but make an early exit from the playoffs. The Dolphins Defense will win games, the Buffaloes will suffer from poor coaching, and the jets, well, they will spend most of the season grounded at Laguardia.
The Bills "will suffer from poor coaching"? Really. I think not.

• I think that the Pats will suffer on offense more than people think because their starting OL has looked putrid. Brady seems to need a clean pocket much more than the other top QBs like Peyton and Rodgers.
  • I think that the Bills are going to surprise a lot of people because they'll have a decent offense to go with their excellent defense. Both Tyrod Taylor and EJ Manuel have played very well in preseason, whether playing with and against starters or scrubs ... and they've done it with 2nd and 3rd string WRs and 4th string RBs as the top guys have been nicked up.
  • The one Miami preseason game I caught looked exactly like all of Ryan Tannehill's regular season games during his career: while he throws pretty passes, he still pretty much refuses to throw downfield. Suh is an interesting addition.
  • I haven't watched any of the Jets games. They seem to be the AFCE's poor relation as Tannenbaum's cap mismanagement and Idzik's poor personnel decisions have left the Jerseyites with very limited talent. Geno's broken jaw might be a good thing. Fitzpatrick is capable of stringing together 6-8 good performances in which he looks like a decent starting NFL QB before he magically disintegrates ... so by then Geno would be ready to play ... giving the Jets 17 weeks of better than expected QB play.
My picks in the AFCE:
Patriots
Bills
Dolphins
Jets
If the Patriots' OL woes continue into the season, the Bills might sneak ahead of the Pats. I think both make the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
AFC North
BENGALS
RAVENS
STEELERS
BROWNS

The Bengals drafted Oline and beefed up where they needed help. Not sure how sdeep in the playoffs they will go, but given the Ravens inconsistancy and the Steelers showing their mosquito curtain defense so far, I would say that about the only sure thing is that the Browns are still a year or two from a winning season.
I won't disagree with the placement, although if anything happens to the Steelers' offensive stalwarts, they may sink to the bottom. Their D is NOT good.
  • Cinci is probably the most complete team in that division. Dalton is consistent enough to get the Bengals to the playoffs. It's against the stiffer competition in post-season that he comes up short. AJ Green, though, seems to not have his head in the game this preason.
  • I haven't seen the Ravens in pre-season but I get the impression that after their starters, their quality drops off precipitously.
  • After watching the Bills' 4 QBs with backup WRs shred the Steelers' D on Saturday for over 450 yards, I think "mosquito curtain defense" is a good description. I think their offense will keep them out of the AFCN basement but I think they're very limited.
  • The Brownies have shown a pretty stout defense that's improved since last season, and Manziel actually looked like a NFL QB in his games. Rumors of his major attitude adjustment have not been exaggerated. Unfortunately, his bad elbow is also not a rumor, and according to one media maven, it's likely a chronic condition because of his throwing style/motion that puts a lot of stress on the elbow.
More later.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:42 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,129,743 times
The only prediction I'll make is that unless the Arizona Cardinals get their act together, and especially get their offensive line situated, Carson Palmer will have major problems -- as he did last night against a very good Raiders team! Obviously, if they can strengthen protection for him, their outlook will be brighter this season.

The good news is that the other QBs and backup offensive & defensive guys stepped up, and were able to put points on the board which translated into a W. Bruce Arians certainly wasn't pleased with the starters!

Old 08-31-2015, 09:05 AM

21,339 posts, read 21,912,385 times
Winners...
New England
Buffalo
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
Baltimore
Indianapolis
Tennessee
Denver
-------------
Dallas
Philadelphia
Minnesota
Carolina
Seattle
Arizona

Losers...
Miami
NY Jets
Cleveland
Jacksonville
Houston
Kansas City
San Diego
Oakland
----------
New York Giants
Washington
Bears
Green Bay
Chicago
Detroit
New Orleans
Atlanta
Tampa Bay
St Louis
San Francisco
Chicago Bears

Old 08-31-2015, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
The only prediction I'll make is that unless the Arizona Cardinals get their act together, and especially get their offensive line situated, Carson Palmer will have major problems -- as he did last night against a very good Raiders team! Obviously, if they can strengthen protection for him, their outlook will be brighter this season.

The good news is that the other QBs and backup offensive & defensive guys stepped up, and were able to put points on the board which translated into a W. Bruce Arians certainly wasn't pleased with the starters!
The biggest problem with Carson Palmer is making it thru the season without injuries....He is injury prone and has been for his entire career.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or