U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-03-2015, 12:52 PM
 
3,352 posts, read 2,263,468 times
Reputation: 2238

Advertisements

I cannot believe they are wasting taxpayers money on this.

 
Old 09-03-2015, 12:58 PM
 
32,438 posts, read 26,300,226 times
Reputation: 19035
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Patriot haters are going to be crying pretty good today.

Glad to see this suspension will be overturned. Anyone that read the Wells Report and the appeal transcripts could see this was a complete farce.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamsack View Post
agree... very happy to see this result
ditto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
The NFL can't keep taking these losses in court. It makes it seem like their punishments don't matter
all it proves is that goodell is overreaching when he punishes a player. doing things like using new rules to punish, when the old rules should have been used, as in the case of greg hardy for instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I guess I am in the minority but this was a GROSS MISCARRIAGE OF JUSTICE. The court undermined the NFL's right to suspend talent who break rules. Brady lied and his evidence and gets to play because he moaned, whined and *****ed like the cry-baby he is when he cried to daddy about the league being unfair to him.

So now can a Bobby Massie, Daryl Washington or Ray Rice appeal their suspensions because Brady got away with a far worse crime?

I hope someone cuts Brady down to size this season. I normally don't root for injury in sports but I'll gladly do it this year. I plan on NOT watching ANY Pats game this season. I'll let the ratings do the talking and hope that others do the same.
you say brady lied, but to my knowledge he didnt say anything to anyone. as for his phone being destroyed to keep his texts from being used against him, dont forget that those texts are not lost, they are out there somwhere, and if the NFL had any reason to get them, they could have, but either didnt, or didnt find anything in the texts to use against brady.
 
Old 09-03-2015, 01:36 PM
 
4,897 posts, read 1,829,078 times
Reputation: 4640
 
Old 09-03-2015, 01:43 PM
 
2,034 posts, read 2,427,805 times
Reputation: 2080
So the NFL is going to appeal.

Could just be wasting their time.
 
Old 09-03-2015, 01:43 PM
 
35,324 posts, read 25,151,966 times
Reputation: 32409
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The balls were re-inflated though who knows if the balls were the back-ups or the original balls. It is a complex situation that occurred as who knew if Chuck Pagano and Bill Belichek were even notified of the ball issues and what was done. The story didn't break until a few days later when allegations of Patriots cheating starting popping up again. IMO, Brady, Belichek and the rest of the Patriots are talented, enough so they do not need to video tape call signs on the sidelines or intentionally low inflate balls. These situations end up just second guessing hall of fame careers thanks to cheating.


Do you even know what spy gate was about? Most people don't.

I hope you do know that videotaping signals is perfectly legal in the NFL, and yes, every team does it.
 
Old 09-03-2015, 02:06 PM
 
2,937 posts, read 1,781,750 times
Reputation: 6659
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Do you even know what spy gate was about? Most people don't.

I hope you do know that videotaping signals is perfectly legal in the NFL, and yes, every team does it.
That's why most coaches now cover their mouths when speaking into the headset so no one can slow the video down and read their lips.
 
Old 09-03-2015, 02:10 PM
 
Location: SWFL
22,850 posts, read 19,286,589 times
Reputation: 21216
Hurley: After Losing DeflateGate, Roger Goodell Should Be Embarrassed CBS Boston


Yessssssssssssssssss.
 
Old 09-03-2015, 02:53 PM
 
Location: AriZona
5,230 posts, read 3,120,546 times
Reputation: 5395
Cool. So now let's get back to FOOTBALL!
 
Old 09-03-2015, 03:35 PM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
27,284 posts, read 15,762,848 times
Reputation: 9858
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
That's why most coaches now cover their mouths when speaking into the headset so no one can slow the video down and read their lips.
Or how they see of they can get QBs who can line call and do ice cream counts to throw off defenses...
 
Old 09-03-2015, 04:44 PM
 
Location: Two Rivers, Wisconsin
11,722 posts, read 11,541,988 times
Reputation: 12484
If the NFL carries this into the season, would be really dumb, it needs to go away. Because of past issues with Patriots, people are so quick to jump on this and is it really so important and critical, I don't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top