Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 05:00 PM

23,767 posts, read 29,021,972 times

Advertisements

The NFL has office buildings full of lawyers that they pay millions of dollars to whether they're lawyering or not, my guess is they put those lawyers to work on something like this.

Old 09-03-2015, 05:45 PM

8,482 posts, read 4,546,519 times

Old 09-03-2015, 06:09 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,218,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
To the red, THAT'S the case in a nutshell. The balls were under inflated as per the Colts interceptions by the defense and referees judgement after hearing the grievances. When asked about it Brady smugly denied it and the smashed his phone AND SIM card. That was why the league suspended him in the first place. Now the courts made a mockery of any suspension because a spoiled brat who is used to getting his way actually got told to sit in the corner and think about what he did for once and he didn't like it.
You are clueless about what actually happened....

The league NEVER had a case to begin with, no one has ever proven that the balls were under inflated unless you choose to ignore the Ideal Gas Law the way the NFL and most casual fans have...

And about that intercepted ball....funny how the ONLY ball that was SIGNIFICANTLY under inflated was in the Colts possession before being turned over to the officials....but no funny business happened there right?

Whether you think Brady is "smug" is your prerogative but he has steadfastly argued his innocence UNDER OATH.

The destruction of the cell phone was one of many smokescreens employed by the real "spoiled brat" who lies and cheats his way through life...Roger Goodell

Brady cooperated with Wells, offered all of his cell phone records and was told that would be enough and it is documented IN THE WELLS REPORT which is a complete farce that Brady was told he DID NOT NEED TO TURN OVER HIS CELL PHONE

Only when Goodell realized he had no proof of the "crime" he was sure was committed but never really happened did he change the narrative from "deflating footballs" to "non cooperation and cell phone destruction"

The phone was Brady's private property he could never be compelled by the league to turn it over anyway

As for all the arm chair detectives out there that think he "destroyed evidence" What evidence??? People realize text messages go both ways right?? Investigators have the cell phones of the ball boys/equipment manager, there was no smoking gun text from Brady to the ball boys asking them to purposely deflate any balls on those phones therefore there was none sent by Brady.....duh.....

Supposedly the league is going to be measuring air pressure in footballs this year...beginning of game, half time and end of game. Balls will be in officials possession at all times, presumably with gauges that actually work unlike the ones used during the AFC Championship Game

Pressures will be measure in cold weather cities like New England and Green Bay...

When those measurements show what people who understand physics expect, ball pressures dropping to a similar degree as seen in the Patriots balls last season do you think the NFL will apologize to the Pats and Brady???

No because NO ONE will ever see those results if it happens, the NFL will NEVER admit they were horribly mistaken....they STILL have not admitted or apologized for leaking false information about how under inflated the balls were to begin with, mis information intentionally released by the NFL to drive this whole narrative

As long as the lying cheating scum know as Roger Goodell is in charge the truth will never be released

Hurley: After Losing DeflateGate, Roger Goodell Should Be Embarrassed « CBS Boston

Old 09-03-2015, 09:04 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,179,032 times
Goodell just won't stop...

Sports - News, Weather and Classifieds for Southern New England

Chicken, chicken won't go to opening game day here at Gillette.

Old 09-03-2015, 10:38 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,796,905 times
The biggest story in the NFL so far in 2015 and Chris Mortensen has been radio silent all day.........wonder why that is?

Old 09-04-2015, 06:28 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,910,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Goodell just won't stop...

Sports - News, Weather and Classifieds for Southern New England

Chicken, chicken won't go to opening game day here at Gillette.
Goodell is a classless oaf.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:24 AM

1,069 posts, read 711,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
The Patriots paid off the judge, obviously. V.I.Cheat
hows that tinfoil hat working for ya?

Old 09-04-2015, 07:25 AM

1,069 posts, read 711,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I guess I am in the minority but this was a GROSS MISCARRIAGE OF JUSTICE. The court undermined the NFL's right to suspend talent who break rules. Brady lied and his evidence and gets to play because he moaned, whined and *****ed like the cry-baby he is when he cried to daddy about the league being unfair to him.

So now can a Bobby Massie, Daryl Washington or Ray Rice appeal their suspensions because Brady got away with a far worse crime?

I hope someone cuts Brady down to size this season. I normally don't root for injury in sports but I'll gladly do it this year. I plan on NOT watching ANY Pats game this season. I'll let the ratings do the talking and hope that others do the same.
there is one teeny weeny thing you are missing in your assumptions....PROOF that Brady did it

Old 09-04-2015, 08:09 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,920,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
The biggest story in the NFL so far in 2015 and Chris Mortensen has been radio silent all day.........wonder why that is?

Because he completely reported erroneous information on it and never fully apologized?

Old 09-04-2015, 08:12 AM
Status: "College baseball this weekend." (set 21 hours ago)

52,671 posts, read 47,918,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Tom Brady of New England Patriots wins appeal against NFL in Deflategate

A little surprising because of precedent, but not surprising because the NFL didn't have a leg to stand on. Zero evidence. Good for Brady.
It had been way past time for the media silliness to end. They were just trying to create a distraction when one wasn't needed. That's really all it was. I've always thought that Brady was innocent in a horribly overblown story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.