U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 06:25 PM

424 posts, read 302,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersWon310 View Post
No team looks more promising in the NFL to win the Super Bowl than the Oakland Raiders. Expect the Raiders to go 13-3 or 14-2. They have a Ray Lewis on there team in Khalil Mack and a MVP like type of QB in Carr. Expect a Raiders vs Eagles Superbowl.
You're joking, right? LOL.

I mean, yeah, I'm a Raiders fan and have been my whole life; I grew-up in the Silicon Valley/San Jose area. Dad had season tickets when I was a kid. But for the past 10 years they have been the worst team in football. They ain't been right since the Chuckie-led Bucs stomped 'em in the Super Bowl that year.

Yes! I am excited about Jack Del Rio as coach, and Reggie still as GM. Derek Carr has shown a bit of promise at QB, but he's not ready yet. At this point he is a middle-of-the-paceker at best as far as rating the 32 NFL starting QB's.

Their defense is still suspect, especially against the pass. Their D-Line looked good in pre-season, but that's, well, pre-season. Mike Crabtree might help at WR, but that O-line still has to protect Carr enough for him to get the ball to Crabtree.

And remember we're in a tough AFC West division. We gotta play Denver, San Diego, and a good-looking KC squad twice each. The Raiders have averaged 4-12 for the past ten years. Worse last year. Nobody wants to play in Oakland, man. I thought things might better personnel wise after the ego-maniac Al Dave left, but I'm not sure his son is much better. But maybe he'll listen to McKenzie and Del Rio better than his Dad listened to guys who knew more than him.

It would be a small mirical if Oakland went, say, 10-6 this year. And I'll be tickled pink with an 8-8 year. The playoffs are a long, longshot. The average incubation period for an NFL QB to learn the game and approach his potential is three years, and DC ain't there yet.

I just looked at Oakland's 2015 schedule. Hmm...looks a little tough. I'm gonna predict a 6-10 year.

Your 13-3 or 14-2 is Fantasy Football, bro. And that ain't the NFL. Sorry to be a buzz-kill be we must face reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 08:55 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,518,278 times
You forgot to dissect the "Eagles in the SB" part, lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or