Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 04:30 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,555,450 times

Advertisements

Like to ask a question of Football fans.
Are there any online streaming sites that offer the games being seen? Our local stations aren't carrying any of the games with the Patriots until ONE game in October. They're our favorite team and we'd like to see the games, not hear the scores and see highlights after the fact.
Free service would be even better, we are on a budget. Thanks to any and all that can offer help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2015, 04:48 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,006,686 times
Either get directv, find illegal streams online, or enjoy the times they play the Dolphins and primetime games.

Or go to a sports bar, or find a friend with directv.

Old 09-21-2015, 05:00 PM

I am not getting Directtv, I already gave up cable tv, and only have it for internet service.
Illegal? I am not looking for anything illegal. If by that you mean that I had mentioned free, if that means illegal, I can pay a small fee, just not willing to pay 300. bucks. I don't do bars, and I don't hang out at friends houses just to watch a game.
Gee, anyone have any ideas, or can offer other help?

Old 09-21-2015, 05:13 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,846,187 times
The NFL has sold exclusive broadcasting rights to DirecTV for out of market games for $1.5 billion a year so that loyal out-of-town fans like yourself CANNOT legally watch your team play live without subscribing to DirecTV.

Sadly it's as simple as that. It's excellent business for the NFL and shows that they are pretty happy screwing the fans to line their pockets.

Old 09-21-2015, 05:55 PM

See if you can log in to your old cable account on watchESPN or NBC live to get the primetime games.

I gave you three legal options. If you don't want to do something outside of your comfort zone, you won't be watching the games.

Old 09-21-2015, 05:56 PM

Actually I think many (most?) people would be happy to spend $200-300 to watch NFL games. Just unwilling to spend the money on a giant directv contract. That cost wouldn't be so bad, and isn't so bad compared to what the same people pay for MLB.tv or NHL Center Ice.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:18 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,800,357 times
As others have said, the NFL has an exclusive deal with Direct TV for the Sunday Ticket which is the only way to legally watch the games live.

Direct TV does offer a $29.99/month subscription for college students that allows them to stream all of the games live, plus the red zone channel. So unless you're a student, that will not be an option.

I have several friends, who are also Patriots fans, that live outside of New England and apart from when they're playing in prime time, they head to a local bar, have a couple of beers and watch the game.

Old 09-21-2015, 09:37 PM

No websites online that offer anything guys?

Old 09-22-2015, 09:29 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,660,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
No websites online that offer anything guys?
yes.. search for VIP Box.

Its a crappy service but its free. some feeds are pretty good, some are NOT.. tons of advertising that you have to close, pop ups but once you get your feed settled, you can watch a game.. FREE.

one hint, when you are closing a ad (that covers up your video feed) look for the SMALL blue x.. also note that the x will MOVE on you the first time you hover your mouse over it.. it can be very frustrating but there are typically several feeds for each NFL game and you likely will find a half way decent one to watch.

Old 09-22-2015, 01:05 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,466,965 times
If you live in an area where you can't get DirecTV, you can sign up for NFL Sunday Ticket on a Playstation or Xbox for like $199/per season. I think if you're a college student, you can get it for $99/season. If that isn't possible, but you know of a friend who lives in an apartment complex that won't allow DirecTV, you could use their address when signing up for it. I honestly think it's absurd to allow DirecTV to monopolize the Sunday Ticket. I think the amount of subscriptions would at least double if everyone was allowed to sign up without having to be a DirecTV customer. Honestly, on average, most people never pay the full price for it when they are DTV customers. They either get it free the first year and then negotiate the price down the following year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football