U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 09:59 PM

4,327 posts, read 2,294,013 times

Advertisements

Here are my predictions for week 3
Falcons @ Cowboys (Romo is out for a while so I have confidence in Atlanta)
Saints @ Panthers (I can see Cam Newton improving so this would be a good game after starting 2-0)
Eagles @ Jets
Buccaneers @ Texans
49ers @ Cardinals
Chargers @ Vikings
Steelers @ Rams
Jaguars @ Patriots
Bengals @ Ravens
Raiders @ Browns
Colts @ Titans
Bears @ Seahawks
Bills @ Dolphins
Broncos @ Lions (I am going for the upset here.)
Chiefs @ Packers
These are all my week 3 predictions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2015, 11:09 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,528,544 times
Washington at New York
Atlanta at Dallas
Indianapolis at Tennessee
Oakland at Cleveland
Cincinnati at Baltimore
Jacksonville at New England
New Orleans at Carolina
Philadelphia at New York
Tampa Bay at Houston
San Diego at Minnesota
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
San Francisco at Arizona
Buffalo at Miami
Chicago at Seattle
Denver at Detroit
Kansas at Green Bay

Old 09-21-2015, 11:14 PM

689 posts, read 342,855 times
Washington at New York
Atlanta at Dallas
Oakland at Cleveland
Cincinnati at Baltimore
New Orleans at Carolina
Philadelphia at New York
Tampa Bay at Houston
San Diego at Minnesota
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
San Francisco at Arizona
Buffalo at Miami
Chicago at Seattle
Denver at Detroit
Kansas at Green Bay

Old 09-22-2015, 02:11 AM

4,869 posts, read 6,419,047 times
Week 1 Results 12-4
Week 2 Results 8-8

Redskins v Giants
Falcons v Cowboys
Colts v Titans
Raiders v Browns
Bengals v Ravens
Jaguars v Patriots
Saints v Panthers
Eagles v Jets
Buccaneers v Texans
Chargers v Vikings
Steelers v Rams
49ers v Cardinals
Bills v Dolphins
Bears v Seahawks
Broncos v Lions
Chiefs v Packers

Old 09-22-2015, 06:22 AM

15,908 posts, read 10,150,553 times
Washington at New York- The Giants cannot start 0-3. Big Blue pulls it off.

Atlanta at Dallas- My early prediction was that the Cowboys would win the NFC East, but with Romo gone for several weeks, Weeden the starter and Dez Bryant gone for the year, things are going to get a little dicey in Big D.

Indianapolis at Tennessee- With the splash that the Colts made in free agency, they need this one badly. Marriotta proved he will be damn good NFL QB, but he will still go through some growing pains. Indy gets a much needed win.

Oakland at Cleveland- Can you believe one of these two teams after this game will be 2-1? The Raiders have some talent, and yes they did beat the Ravens at home, but suffer a setback and lose in a squeaker. Look for a lot of mistakes from both teams on both sides of the ball.

Cincinnati at Baltimore- Home sweet home for the Ravens, and a much needed win.

Jacksonville at New England- If Tom Brady through for over 400 yards last week against what was perceived to be one of the leagues toughest defenses in Buffalo, I hate to see what he is going to do to the Jags.

New Orleans at Carolina- It appears that the Saints are going back to being the Aints!

Philadelphia at New York- Don't look now, but here come the Jets as they soar to 3-0.

Tampa Bay at Houston- JJ Watt will be teeing off on Winston all afternoon.

San Diego at Minnesota- I'm definitely torn on this one, but the Bolts have the more experienced QB in Phillip Rivers, and I have to give them the edge.

Pittsburgh at St. Louis- As much as I'd love to see it, I don't think the Rams have enough to pull the upset on the Steelers.

San Francisco at Arizona- Is there a new sheriff emerging in the NFC West? I think so.

Buffalo at Miami- The Bills defense will keep this a low scoring affair.

Chicago at Seattle- The Seahawks at 0-2 is quite misleading. They are definitely better than their early record shows, and I think that The 12th Man helps the Seahawks to their first win.

Denver at Detroit- It seems that Matthew Stafford forgot that he has a big WR. I wonder if this is the week Denver finally finds their offense?

Kansas at Green Bay- No discount double check, or hesitation here. The Pack will topple the Chiefs.

I can't do any worse than last week! Good luck everyone. Enjoy the games!

Old 09-22-2015, 06:44 AM

11,749 posts, read 11,625,562 times
Redskins @ Giants
Falcons
@ Cowboys
Colts @ Titans
Raiders @ Browns
Bengals
@ Ravens
Jaguars @ Patriots
Saints @ Panthers
Eagles
@ Jets
Buccaneers @ Texans
Chargers @ Vikings
Steelers @ Rams
49ers @ Cardinals
Bills
@ Dolphins
Bears @ Seahawks
Broncos
@ Lions
Chiefs @ Packers SB I rematch. In 2011, their 15-1 season Chiefs beat the Packers! Go Pack Go!

Week 1 - 10-6
Week 2 - 5-11

Someone suggested flipping a coin, might do better! Ghengis is being creative every week, doing better than me, I think!

Last edited by susancruzs; 09-22-2015 at 06:52 AM..

Old 09-22-2015, 06:54 AM

5,844 posts, read 4,304,681 times
Washington at New York / Might be a homer pick, but the Redskins right now look far better than the Giants.
Atlanta at Dallas /Romo Out. Dez Out. 'nough said.
Indianapolis at Tennessee /This is going to be interesting. This is not a gimme game for the Colts. The 0-2 Colts that is.
Oakland at Cleveland /I think these teams are evenly matched and this pick can go either way.
Cincinnati at Baltimore /Baltimore won't go 0-3.
Jacksonville at New England /Goes without saying.
New Orleans at Carolina /The Saints need a miracle.
Philadelphia at New York /Jets are going to be a tough team to beat, but the Eagles won't go 0-3.
Tampa Bay at Houston /If JJ Watts can play quarterback, I might change this pick.
San Diego at Minnesota /.
Pittsburgh at St. Louis /I think Pittsburgh is at least the #2 team in the league right now, right behind New England.
San Francisco at Arizona /San Fran is circling the drain.
Buffalo at Miami /My fellow Hokie Tyrod Taylor is making Buffalo into a contender, with help from Shady!
Chicago at Seattle /Hard to imagine Seattle going 0-3, but definitely hard to imagine going 0-3 against the Bears.
Denver at Detroit /Not sure what's happening with Detroit but they're starting to go backwards.
Kansas at Green Bay /This is not going to be an easy game, but Rodgers should continue having some good games, because he needs to win me some fantasy points!

Old 09-22-2015, 10:05 AM

5,721 posts, read 5,501,936 times
Washington at N.Y. Giants
Atlanta at Dallas
Oakland at Cleveland
Cincinnati at Baltimore
New Orleans at Carolina
Philadelphia at N.Y. Jets
Tampa Bay at Houston
San Diego at Minnesota
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
San Francisco at Arizona
Buffalo at Miami
Chicago at Seattle
Denver at Detroit
Kansas City at Green Bay

Week 1: 8-8
Week 2: 5-11

Old 09-22-2015, 10:39 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,069,462 times
All those upsets last week sure do make picking harder to do this week. I'm not sure if Week 2 was an anomaly or if some teams are better or worse than I thought they were, but here goes nothing.

Redskins @ Giants-After 2 close losses, I can't see Eli and ODB going 0-3 against a Redskins team they should be able to dominate.

Falcons@Cowboys-With Romo out, the Cowboys are deflated. They've proven they can win without Dez Bryant, but I don't see them winning much with Brandon Weeden under center. Falcons are a good enough team to go into Arlington and win. Dallas didn't lose on the road during the regular season last year, but they did drop a few at home. I hate the Cowboys and I hope they lose the rest of their games, but I still feel bad for Romo and Cowboys fans though.

Colts @ Titans-I've never thought the Colts were a good football team. I believe they were merely beneficiaries of playing in a bad division last season. Despite an 0-2 start, they were 6-0 against division foes last season and still rule the roost in the weak AFC South. Getting to play the Jags, Titans, and Texans twice should get them 6 wins again this year.

Raiders @ Browns-This should be a close game. Although Johnny Nightclub had a good game in Week 2, I was more impressed with what the Raiders did to the Ravens. Derek Carr looked great against what I thought was a tough defense.

Bengals @ Ravens-There's no way Flacco and company are going 0-3 in their home opener.

Jaguars @ Pats-This one is a gimme.

Saints @ Panthers-I keep picking the Saints and they keep losing, so let's try something different this week.

Eagles @ Jets-Jets D will have a field day against Sam Bradford. Jets go 3-0 and Eagles go 0-3. Bizarre.

Bucs@Texans-JJ Watt smokes a Winston this week.

Chargers@Vikings--AP goes off in a squeaker over the Chargers.

Steelers @ Rams-I expect a shootout and believe the Steelers have more firepower than Foles and company.

49ers @ Cardinals-What a difference a week makes. I loved my Niners after beating the Vikings, but they are ticking me off again after an abysmal performance in Pittsburgh. I expect them to suck again in Arizona.

Bills @ Dolphins-I think the Bills are a better team and should win this, but I have a feeling the Fins pull this out despite losing to the Jags in Week 2.

Bears @ Seahawks-I remember everyone wondering what was wrong with the Seahawks when they started 3-3 last year. They proceeded to win the next 9 out of 10 games and ended up being 1 bad play call away from winning the Super Bowl. While they're 0-2 right now, there's no need to panic. They'll be there in the end as long as they can get Cam Chancellor on board. This should be an easy win against the Bears even though Cutler isn't playing.

Broncos @ Lions-I like the Lions at home, just not against the Broncos whose defense is playing excellent right now.

Chiefs @ Packers-I'll take the Packers at Lambeau every time as long as Aaron Rodgers is under center.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:43 AM

21,553 posts, read 22,147,016 times
based on closest team to the North Pole

Wash @ Giants
Falcons @ Cowboys
Colts @ Titans
Raiders @ Browns
Bengals @ Ravens
Jaguars @ Patriots
Saints @ Panthers
Eagles @ Jets
Buccaneers @ Texans
Chargers @ Vikings
Steelers @ Rams
49ers @ Cardinals
Bills @ Dolphins
Bears @ Seahawks
Broncos @ Lions
Chiefs @ Packers

7 - 9 last week
18 - 14 season
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football