U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 07:27 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,577,302 times

Advertisements

I was born and raised in DC! Unlike most Dallas Cowboys fans, I actually like the team that represents where I'm from.

GO REDSKINS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 07:30 AM

3,837 posts, read 1,420,847 times
Falcons- with our new Coach and improved defense, we actually hawe a shot in out weak division. So glad to see the aints struggling so much.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:40 AM

21,367 posts, read 21,936,621 times
I started out liking the Cleveland Rams but when they moved to LA, I switched my allegiance to the Chicago Cardinals. When they moved, I became a fan of the LA Chargers, for one year. I then pledged my undying loyalty for life to the Dallas Texans, until they moved to KC. I pretty much gave up on football until becoming a fan of the Oakland Raiders in the early 80's until they also move to LA, where I then became a big fan of the Colts, but then they moved. Then switched my love to the St Louis Cardinals for 3 years until they moved to Arizona at which time I went back to the LA Rams for one year. Then I became a big fan of the Oilers, but...

Have not supported any team since then, but thinking I may soon offer my loyalty to the team that represents Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:41 AM

32,508 posts, read 26,398,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I was born and raised in DC! Unlike most Dallas Cowboys fans, I actually like the team that represents where I'm from.

GO REDSKINS!!!
the redskins have a rich history in the NFL, and i hope they start doing well again.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:23 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,242,878 times
Also born and raised a Redskins fan. I grew up in Southside VA, so it was very much Redskins nation. Been a fan for about 35 years and counting. Last 20 years have been hard to watch, but knowing that this franchise was once great and once knew how to win championships, I always remain hopeful.

I now live in Carolina, so it's Panther territory. I like the Panthers because they're the "home team", but they will never be a replacement for the Redskins.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:45 AM

10,704 posts, read 11,110,503 times
Denver Broncos. And no others.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:22 AM

15,908 posts, read 10,091,033 times
Cleveland Browns.... And anyone who plays the Pittsburgh Steelers. Born and raised and still live in Northeast Ohio, and it is just in my blood. Sundays always revolved around Browns games, be it a holiday, a family function, or gathering of friends. No matter where we were, the game was always on. My parents and their friends used to throw Browns-Steelers parties back in the day, and playoff parties during their playoff runs in the 80s. A lot of fun times, and so it has always been a part of me, and I've passed that on to my household now. If errands were needed, they were to be done before kickoff.

I've always had a soft spot for the Miami Dolphins as I always enjoyed watching Marino and the Marks Brothers. Of course that could have to do with going to Florida a few times as a kid during their heyday. I also had a great uncle that lived down there, who was a Browns fan, and adopted the Dolphins as a second home team. I also have soft spot, and mad respect for the Green Bay Packers and their tradition. That is one place I'd love to see an NFL game.

Old 09-23-2015, 12:38 PM

9,423 posts, read 17,420,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Denver Broncos. And no others.
Pretty much my sentiments. When the Broncos are out of the playoffs, football season has all but ended for me. For years my family and I made the 700-mile round-trip drive to see every Bronco home game. My son now has the ticket rights and I watch the games on TV, but I still cheer! (I think they can hear me.)

Old 09-23-2015, 12:59 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,647,905 times
Minnesota Vikings first and foremost. If the Vikes are out of the playoffs (which has been often lately) then I'm for the Bears. It makes it kind of tough during the season when my 2 favorite teams are in the same division.

When I don't have the Vikes or Bears to root for my favorite team is anyone playing the Packers. Keep in mind, I didn't start out a Packer hater. Packer fans made me this way. The only fans of a team that I've ever known who care more about whether the Vikings lose than if their team wins. A weird bunch.

Most fans take a trip to see their favorite teams play. Packer fans take a pilgrimage much like the Muslims traveling to Mecca.

Old 09-23-2015, 02:52 PM

927 posts, read 1,210,488 times
Redskins of course. I also have a tremendous amount of admiration for Pete Carroll and his Seahawks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or