U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 06:05 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,375,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Claim your team/teams. It's always interesting around playoff time when fans switch to cheering for other teams once their team is out of it.
Only 4 teams left. If your favorite team's out of it, then who are you cheering for now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 06:16 PM

3,619 posts, read 1,788,475 times
Denver Broncos though they really have not impressed me this year. In fact, I think they will lose to the Pats next week. Unless Lady Luck smiles yet again.

Old 01-17-2016, 06:19 PM

1,069 posts, read 556,084 times
Quote:
Only 4 teams left. If your favorite team's out of it, then who are you cheering for now?
Brady is awesome, but if I had to go with one team, I would like to see Fitz get a ring

Old 01-17-2016, 06:20 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,082,072 times
Quote:
Panthers. Wouldn't mind seeing the patriots in the super bowl again either.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:54 PM

27,373 posts, read 15,811,432 times
I have three teams. I started with the Indianapolis Colts due to Peyton Manning. When Manning left in 2012, I started liking the Denver Broncos as well because they signed Manning. In 2012 the Colts did awesome under Arians who was then hired by the Arizona Cardinals. I'll continue to like Denver going forward due to Brock Osweiler but they drop from my second to third and I think I'll move to Cards to number one over the Colts. Why, because I love their play and part of it is who I work for...

Old 01-17-2016, 11:01 PM

21,350 posts, read 21,922,845 times
no, I hate the rest of them all, every single one

Old 01-17-2016, 11:24 PM

17,645 posts, read 36,159,244 times
Interesting odyssey in my football fandom. Started out with the Dallas Cowboys in the Tom Landry era, with Roger Staubach and then with Danny White, who was "my" college QB at ASU. My love for the Cowboys ended when Landry was gone. Then, there were the 49ers, with Joe Montana and then Steve Young... and yes, even Elvis (Grbac). Now, can't stand either of those teams. Been a Cards fan at some level for a long time, though I understood those people in the bad years who said they would come and help Bill Bidwill load the moving vans and leave again. The Kurt Warner years really brought me into the fan circle, and I stayed there through the QB drought that followed Kurt's retirement. With the Bruce Arians era, I'm firmly in their camp.

Second in line now are the Broncos. Used to be the Giants; still like them some, but I have a hard time even picturing the Giants without Tom Coughlin grimacing on the sideline.

Old 01-18-2016, 03:42 AM

6,469 posts, read 3,466,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBrady11 View Post
Diehard New England Patriots fan. My secondary team would be the Falcons because of Matt Ryan and the Boston College connection.
Sounds exactly like me. But for threads like this, since it's supposed to be claim a team once yours is out, we don't get to play much since our team is now going to its 10th AFC Championship in 15 years.

Old 01-18-2016, 05:37 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,375,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
no, I hate the rest of them all, every single one
That's often how I am. This year is odd for me. I could find myself cheering for 3 of the teams. Panthers & Cam are somehow fun to watch (at least for now). I'd be OK with Fitz & Palmer getting a championship. I don't like the Bronco's, but I'd like to see Manning get another ring, only to shut up haters who base everything on championships only.

My dislike for the Patriots is so strong, I want whoever can beat them to advance. NFL owes us at least 5 good super bowls to make up for the disgusting double heeled Pats vs Seahawks match last year.

Old 01-18-2016, 06:23 AM

1,069 posts, read 556,084 times
Quote:
That's often how I am. This year is odd for me. I could find myself cheering for 3 of the teams. Panthers & Cam are somehow fun to watch (at least for now). I'd be OK with Fitz & Palmer getting a championship. I don't like the Bronco's, but I'd like to see Manning get another ring, only to shut up haters who base everything on championships only.

My dislike for the Patriots is so strong, I want whoever can beat them to advance. NFL owes us at least 5 good super bowls to make up for the disgusting double heeled Pats vs Seahawks match last year.
Ever, I couldn't agree more with your line of "haters who base everything on championships only"
Being a Cowboy fan, I get into debates with Giant fans about Romo vs Eli....it seems the standard line is "Eli has 2 rings, Romo none"....at this point, I am good with that, you are going to say Eli is better than Romo because he has 2 rings. You then better agree with that Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer are better QBs than Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Dan Fouts and Warren Moon because Johnson and Dilfer have RINGS, while the 4 HOFers don't....at that point, their argument seems to fall apart

Just in the spirit of making a good debate, going to ask you about your post....If I am not mistaken, you are a GB fan (correct me if I am wrong). I get the fact you would "hate" the Bears, Vikings and Lions. Just curious, why would a Packer fan "hate" the Pats? I mean, there is no history or rivalry with the Pats, why would a Packer fan have venom toward NE?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or