U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 07:17 AM

11,722 posts, read 11,545,104 times

Advertisements

I hate the bashing of QBs for their lack of SBs. I say all the time SBs are a team stat. The QB cannot win a SB by himself! The conversation in GB right now, wasting Rodgers career, he only has 1 SB, on and on. Although Packers are the only team with 5 playoff losses on the last play under McCarthy.

OK, got that out of my system, I would like to see Cardinals go to the SB, Larry Fitzgerald is a great guy. I wouldn't mind if Broncos went to the SB, and I like Ron Rivera, having watched him play, nice for him to be successful. I put Patriots last because they've been there, get tired of the Tom Brady talk because he has all these SBs. He is the GOAT, blah, blah, blah. I get it, I'm tired of the discussion.

I can't hate any team, don't talk trash about the other NFC teams, if Vikings were in it, I'd be happy for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 07:24 AM

2,149 posts, read 2,623,515 times
Panthers.

I'm a fan of the Seahawks as well as many of their players have local ties to NC and I love the city of Seattle.

Old 01-18-2016, 07:42 AM

203 posts, read 148,840 times
Albuquerque's favorite, bleeding orange and blue since 1974!

Old 01-18-2016, 04:16 PM

2,748 posts, read 2,369,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
Just curious, why would a Packer fan "hate" the Pats? I mean, there is no history or rivalry with the Pats
I'm not entirely sure why I hate the Patriots. Like the Yankees, they're not overly arrogant on the field, or dirty (the players). I'm tired of them cleaning up their division & then doing well in the playoffs. Maybe I'm jealous. Here are some other likely reasons.

- Belichick: I know players like Randy Moss have come out & said they liked playing for him, but I don't like how he'll cut a player for 1 mistake. A punter messes up one time & Monday he's fired. Fumble once, & lose your job. Yes, I know Belichick gets results, but sheesh, such a great guy to have as a boss. Other coaches have success without being as ruthless.

- Brady: GOAT talk is out of hand. Sure, go ahead & talk all you want about him being the best current QB. But how are people so easily & quickly crowning him the best of all time? We're talking about players from the 60's, 80's etc & even before the Super Bowl was around. There are so many variables at play, such as the changes in rules, technology, coaches styles, footballs, turf etc. Last night I watched a couple series from Super Bowl 1, & my goodness it was a different game. Coverage was much better, & easier back then. Defense was a whole different thing compared to today. I'm not sure you can compare players back then with today's players, so how do you even label someone the "greatest of all time?"

- fans: I admit Packer fans are annoying. Patriot fans annoy me too. They're spoiled, & all the winning doesn't help them with humility. They should have to be Cleveland sports fans for a year.

- Boston (area): They've had enough championships to last a few decades. Seems like every sports forum is filled with Bostonians constant bragging about how they're the greatest, best, most awesome sports town in the world. We get it. Pats, Celtics, Bruins, Red Sox barf. New Yorkers are more humble & pleasant.

- Spygate: I can't trust the team since that happened. Not even close. 2002 Rams vs Patriots Super Bowl - Patriots stopped new Rams plays the Rams hadn't even run in a previous game. Like Marshall Faulk said, "It’s either the best coaching in the world when you come up with situations that you had never seen before. Or you’d seen it and knew what to do."

Old 01-18-2016, 04:21 PM

1,069 posts, read 555,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
I'm not entirely sure why I hate the Patriots. Like the Yankees, they're not overly arrogant on the field, or dirty (the players). I'm tired of them cleaning up their division & then doing well in the playoffs. Maybe I'm jealous. Here are some other likely reasons.

- Belichick: I know players like Randy Moss have come out & said they liked playing for him, but I don't like how he'll cut a player for 1 mistake. A punter messes up one time & Monday he's fired. Fumble once, & lose your job. Yes, I know Belichick gets results, but sheesh, such a great guy to have as a boss. Other coaches have success without being as ruthless.

- Brady: GOAT talk is out of hand. Sure, go ahead & talk all you want about him being the best current QB. But how are people so easily & quickly crowning him the best of all time? We're talking about players from the 60's, 80's etc & even before the Super Bowl was around. There are so many variables at play, such as the changes in rules, technology, coaches styles, footballs, turf etc. Last night I watched a couple series from Super Bowl 1, & my goodness it was a different game. Coverage was much better, & easier back then. Defense was a whole different thing compared to today. I'm not sure you can compare players back then with today's players, so how do you even label someone the "greatest of all time?"

- fans: I admit Packer fans are annoying. Patriot fans annoy me too. They're spoiled, & all the winning doesn't help them with humility. They should have to be Cleveland sports fans for a year.

- Boston (area): They've had enough championships to last a few decades. Seems like every sports forum is filled with Bostonians constant bragging about how they're the greatest, best, most awesome sports town in the world. We get it. Pats, Celtics, Bruins, Red Sox barf. New Yorkers are more humble & pleasant.

- Spygate: I can't trust the team since that happened. Not even close. 2002 Rams vs Patriots Super Bowl - Patriots stopped Rams plays that the Rams hadn't even run in previous games. Like Marshall Faulk said, "It’s either the best coaching in the world when you come up with situations that you had never seen before. Or you’d seen it and knew what to do."
Wow....good answer, lol

Old 01-18-2016, 10:11 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,079,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I hate the bashing of QBs for their lack of SBs. I say all the time SBs are a team stat. The QB cannot win a SB by himself! The conversation in GB right now, wasting Rodgers career, he only has 1 SB, on and on. Although Packers are the only team with 5 playoff losses on the last play under McCarthy.

OK, got that out of my system, I would like to see Cardinals go to the SB, Larry Fitzgerald is a great guy. I wouldn't mind if Broncos went to the SB, and I like Ron Rivera, having watched him play, nice for him to be successful. I put Patriots last because they've been there, get tired of the Tom Brady talk because he has all these SBs. He is the GOAT, blah, blah, blah. I get it, I'm tired of the discussion.

I can't hate any team, don't talk trash about the other NFC teams, if Vikings were in it, I'd be happy for them.
I don't get the "Larry Fitzgerald is a great guy" comments. He has a 2008 court order against him, where he can't see his kid or his child's mother, because he pushed her around and pulled her hair. Somehow that got swept under the rug.

Old 01-19-2016, 05:40 AM

2,097 posts, read 1,523,328 times
As a Vikings fan, this year was a tough playoff loss obviously.

Since my Vikings are out, I'll be rooting for the Arizona Cardinals. I enjoy watching them, and really like Palmer and Fitzgerald. Fitzgerald is a class act, good dude all around, hard not to like him. And Palmer has been a great QB since being drafted, just been plagued by injuries as of the last few years and of course the infamous knee injury the Steelers did to knock him out the 1st play of the playoff game(go figure).

Old 01-19-2016, 08:30 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,221,968 times
As a Cowboy fan since ~1974, I have seen both the highs and the lows of the NFL. I started watching football in the mid 70s and even though I was not close to Dallas, there was no local team and the Cowboys were on TV nearly every weekend and nearly every weekend they were winning. It was easy to be a Cowboys fan in the 70s and the 90s.. not so much today but I wouldn't jump ship for all the money in the world.

My young son asked me once what a bandwagon fan was. A school buddy of his called him a bandwagon fan... because he likes the Cowboys. I told him not to worry, he was not a bandwagon fan and that term is used for a person who changes teams once the going gets tough and we dont' change teams.. To be honest, I didn't purposefully sway him into being a Cowboys fan.. but I know he is because I am. I would have liked it if he had become a Falcons fan even... I took him to a Falcons game when he was around the time he really started liking football but he wants to be like me... a Cowboys fan.

Sure I miss consistently winning. But I have enjoyed many Playoff and Super Bowl appearances and wins and have learned to appreciate the wins more and care less about the losses because in the end, its just a game. I suppose the mediocrity of the past 20 years will do that to you.

Now I only hope to live long enough for my young son to see the Cowboys in the Super Bowl. OF course if that does happen before he gets to adult age, he is expecting me to foot the bill for a Super Bowl Ticket.... I don't think Jerry will let that happen during his tenure. I know Jerry takes a bashing but that's just unnecessary flack... Jerry is a good owner, he is just not a good GM (IMO). Of course, being the owner and not hiring a new GM could make him a bad owner.. at least from that perspective. He is certainly NOT a bad person and wants to win but his ego probably wont allow him to give the keys to someone else. Eventually Stephen will take over but there is no proof that he will be any different than Jerry but there is always hope.

Old 01-19-2016, 09:17 AM

11,722 posts, read 11,545,104 times
MCO, great thoughtful post, and the portion about Jones as I tend to judge him too harshly. I have friends that lived in Arlington, recently left there to retire here. Their conversations probably swayed my negativity about Jones and the Cowboys.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:31 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,221,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
MCO, great thoughtful post, and the portion about Jones as I tend to judge him too harshly. I have friends that lived in Arlington, recently left there to retire here. Their conversations probably swayed my negativity about Jones and the Cowboys.
The beauty of Jerry is he doesn't really care if your bashing him or not, as long as your talking about the Cowboys it helps his brand. I listen to Dallas 'sports radio' shows during the football season and they bash Jerry mercilessly at times and always mention that Jerry still listens and enjoys their show.. he doesn't take the bashing personally. Good or bad, if your talking Cowboys your helping his brand and his bottom line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or