Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 02:35 PM

73 posts, read 85,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Going with the Patriots, Panthers, and Broncos.
The Broncos? Are you mad? LOL

they're lucky to be undefeated this far. they are by far the weakest of the undefeated teams. besides they are going down tomorrow, just wait and see. they will finish the season at around 11-5.

the best team in the league as well as the one with the best chance to go 16-0 is New England. And then the next best chance is Green Bay, followed by the Bengals. The Bengals probably have the best top to bottom roster in the NFL. tons of sheer and raw talent. and they have had this for a few years now' their problem has usually been mental discipline and coaching. but that is much-improved this season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2015, 02:40 PM

73 posts, read 85,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap_Shot View Post

they're lucky to be undefeated this far. they are by far the weakest of the undefeated teams. besides they are going down tomorrow, just wait and see. they will finish the season at around 11-5.

the best team in the league as well as the one with the best chance to go 16-0 is New England. And then the next best chance is Green Bay, followed by the Bengals. The Bengals probably have the best top to bottom roster in the NFL. tons of sheer and raw talent. and they have had this for a few years now' their problem has usually been mental discipline and coaching. but that is much-improved this season.
the other team luck to be unbeaten, like Denver, is Carolina. Cam Newton has been carrying them. they had an amazingly easy schedule for the first five games but then DID show themselves a force to be reckoned with by going into Seattle and coming from behind to win. something almost NO team ever does. till this year. and, like Denver, I suspect the Panthers to settle back to the middle soon. Cam Newton cannot carry that piano on bis back forever, and they have little else. not on offense anyway. great D-line, though.

final records:

New England.....14-2
Green Bay....13-3
Cincy........13-3
Denver....11-5
Carolina.....11-5

>>>> and the best record outside of these teams will be Arizona, at 12-4.

Old 10-31-2015, 04:09 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
none.

Old 10-31-2015, 04:28 PM

14,473 posts, read 20,648,603 times
Any team can lose on a given day. But these appears to be the toughest games for the undefeated.

Carolina: Green Bay, @ Dallas (Romo may be back) @ Atlanta. Also road games at Giants and Saints.

Green Bay: @ Denver, @ Carolina, @ Arizona.

Denver: Green Bay, New England, Cincinnati, @ Pittsburgh.

Cincinnati: @ Pittsburgh, @ Denver, @ Arizona.

New England: @ Denver, @ Jets.

New England seems to have the edge.

Any team that goes undefeated with the above schedules will deserve it.

Old 11-01-2015, 11:38 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Um, so Green Bay isn't even considered?
Ummm... until tonight, the World was on their side.

I could care less about this talk of undefeated seasons.

But it would be cool if the Broncos could do this again when the Patriots come to town in a few weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap_Shot View Post

Blah Blah Blah Blah!

Keep talkin'. I love it.

Tell us again about how lucky the Broncos are, and about Peyton Manning, and about the lack of a running game and how they haven't played anybody yet, and...

Old 11-02-2015, 01:01 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,459,644 times
Not sure about the entire season but now I hope that when Denver plays New England at home both are undefeated .

Old 11-02-2015, 02:23 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
All season long, I've been hearing about how awful Peyton has been, how on paper, the Broncos could be 0-5 or 0-6 instead of undefeated, how this could be the worst 6-0 team, his finger, his age, and now that he was playing the MIGHTY GREEN BAY PACKERS, his defense couldn't carry his worthless ass another inch.

Boy oh boy. All season long, everyone has been so lippy. Meanwhile, whenever the Seattle Seahawks or the Bmore Ravens etc. have had this stellar defense and enemic offense, they're gonna go win the Superbowl! Not so for the Broncos. When the Broncos finally put together one of those defenses, they're lucky and the wheels are a game away from falling off.

The Broncos must have been playing some bantam league teams thus far or something, oh, and on paper, the Aaron Rodgers-lead Green Bay Packers must now be beneath the Detroit Lions, the Cleveland Browns, and the Chiefs.

Hmmm, can't wait until the Broncos start the regular season when they play a ranked opponent.

Old 11-02-2015, 04:26 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,284,192 times
I don't think any team will stay undefeated. So far from what I've seen, the Pats still have the best chance in comparison. Broncos looked impressive on both sides of the ball, and smoked Green Bay. I don't think Carolina will beat the Falcons twice, and I think the Packers will improve after last nights drubbing and beat Carolina. I don't think the Bengals can do it. Denver will beat them at home, and I think the Steelers will not lose twice to them.

I think the Patriots/Broncos game will decide who the last undefeated team will be.

Old 11-02-2015, 07:18 AM

14,473 posts, read 20,648,603 times
Denver likely did what they should have done which was watch the Green Bay vs. San Diego film over and over. Rivers ate up the defense for 503 yards. Manning had 340 yards and Rodgers had 77.
Green Bay has not faced a defense like Denver except Seattle but that game was in Green Bay.

Rodgers is not exactly burning up the airways. He has only had more than 255 yards in a game 1 time.

They may or may not beat Carolina, then 4 games they should win before Romo comes to town. Then a road game at Arizona and they easily win their division unless they struggle with Minnesota for some unexpected reason.

Old 11-02-2015, 07:33 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,254,477 times
The Patriots drew the weak NFC-East and AFC-South schedule. They beat the Steelers at home in week #1 and play Denver on the road in a few weeks. Those are the only two perennial playoff teams on their schedule unless you're counting the Colts.

I think New England will probably lose in Denver. They'll drop one of the NFC-East games. They'll drop one division game. 13-3 might be good enough for a first round bye. As a Pats fan, the nonstop "they're winning so they must be cheating" thing makes me want them to go 19-0.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football