Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 02:44 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times

Advertisements

Texans could "'bye" themselves into the lead today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 03:21 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Texans could "'bye" themselves into the lead today
The Broncos look lethargic today. Something about the Colts brings that out in them. They look awful on both sides of the ball today. If this keeps up the 4-5 Colts will solidify their grip on the South.

Old 11-08-2015, 03:43 PM

796 posts, read 505,279 times
Yeah Broncos just don't look good today. Colts should win in blowout. I thought Jacksonville would surprise and beat Jets. Maybe Titans will catch up to make AFC South interesting and competitive.

Old 11-08-2015, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
Yeah Broncos just don't look good today. Colts should win in blowout. I thought Jacksonville would surprise and beat Jets. Maybe Titans will catch up to make AFC South interesting and competitive.
They're definitely not out of it. What are they, 2-6 now?

Old 11-08-2015, 03:50 PM

796 posts, read 505,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
They're definitely not out of it. What are they, 2-6 now?
Yes 2-6. I guess these recent firings got players and coaches inspired.

Old 11-08-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
Yes 2-6. I guess these recent firings got players and coaches inspired.
Yeah, it often does work that way. Perhaps that's part of why the Colts look so good today. Though I'd argue the Broncos are their own biggest opponent in this game. They've looked flat and uninspired, despite saying all the right words today.

The game is still in progress, but until it's over, the AFC South standings:

Colts: 3-5
Texans: 3-5
Titans: 2-6
Jaguars 2-6

It's a bad division and if the Colts lose it the Titans and Jags are still very much alive. It's a lot tougher on them if the Colts hold on.

Old 11-09-2015, 06:25 AM

8,980 posts, read 17,288,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
It isn't revisionist history. People were anointing Luck as an elite before '14, his third year. I'd love to see some articles touting Manning as a top-5 QB going into his year 3, 2000. 2000 you had Warner, Favre, McNair, Gannon, Bledsoe, Griese, Culpepper, who were all considered better than Peyton going into the year. He had a good year, so going into year 4 the rankings were shuffled a bit, but my point stands; Peyton was not anointed a top shelf QB as early as people were anointing Luck (after only two years, saying he would be THE best)...
Peyton on the SI cover 1999
Thoroughbred The Colts' Peyton Manning is more than living up to his pedigree. Now if he can just figure out how to open a can of soup (the article that accompanied the cover)

Now, I don't know that this particular article calls him top 5, but remember that you said this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
The biggest difference isn't Peyton wasn't as hallowed and glorified as Luck has been to this point in their careers....
And it is simply not true. You then tried changing the conversation, probably because you know how wrong you were. Some have called Luck a top 5 QB, but that is heavily debated and not universally accepted. I am sure in the year 2000, most GMs would have taken Manning over most of the QBs you listed.

Old 11-10-2015, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Luck has had shoulder and rib injuries that they are trying to downplay, but they are affecting his performance.
Not hiding it anymore...

Colts QB Luck out 2-6 weeks with injuries

Franchise quarterback Andrew Luck is expected to miss at least two to six weeks with a lacerated kidney and a partially torn abdominal muscle, injuries he sustained late in Sunday’s victory over Denver.

My guess is he wasn't right to begin with... but I think I remember the hit that did it - at least the kidney injury.

Luck is a tough dude to play the rest of the game through that.

Old 11-10-2015, 04:38 PM

9,757 posts, read 7,468,918 times
Quote:
Not hiding it anymore...

Colts QB Luck out 2-6 weeks with injuries

Franchise quarterback Andrew Luck is expected to miss at least two to six weeks with a lacerated kidney and a partially torn abdominal muscle, injuries he sustained late in Sunday’s victory over Denver.

My guess is he wasn't right to begin with... but I think I remember the hit that did it - at least the kidney injury.

Luck is a tough dude to play the rest of the game through that.
Don't they have the bye this week or next week though, so really it could only be as few as 1 game he misses. I don't think it's a big deal if he only misses 1 game. Same with Roethlisburger, everyone's making the injury a big deal but he's only likely to miss 1 game because they have the bye the second week.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Don't they have the bye this week or next week though, so really it could only be as few as 1 game he misses. I don't think it's a big deal if he only misses 1 game. Same with Roethlisburger, everyone's making the injury a big deal but he's only likely to miss 1 game because they have the bye the second week.
He needs to take off more than two weeks. They are 2-0 with Hasselbeck. Luck needs to shut it down until it's close to playoff time, otherwise he will be no good then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football