Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 07:53 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times

Advertisements

About 4 weeks too late.

Old 11-04-2015, 10:51 AM

6,416 posts, read 4,911,200 times
They probably want to dump Kapeernick in the off season and someone will make a reclamation project out of him. If he keeps playing and playing badly his trade value will go down as well plus he may be injured. They are going nowhere this season anyway so might as well tank with Gabbert and get a a good draft pick and dump Kap and get a good draft pick as well. Someone will take a flyer on him.

Old 11-05-2015, 11:59 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Texans should love to have CK... but I am not sure the owner would make that move.

Old 11-05-2015, 12:16 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times
This is RGIII 2.0. Seems like the same problems for both of them.

Old 11-05-2015, 03:46 PM

14,472 posts, read 20,648,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
Niners bench Colin Kaepernick; Blaine Gabbert to start - NFL.com

This is actually happening. Do u think Gabbert will preform better or be a better fit?
Not starting is overrated. Colin may go in after the first play. Who starts means nothing.
Also many times the replacements have great games. Do not be surprised if they beat Atlanta.
We took Atlanta (-4.5) because we think the rest of the group will too. It's better to lose with them than to try to beat them picking a bad underdog. But, do not be surprised if Gabbert plays very well.

Old 11-05-2015, 04:16 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
The 49ers are last in the NFL in points scored. But it's not all on Colin IMO.

They're 14th in the NFC in total defense, giving up 403.8 yards a game. And 12th in points allowed with 207.

I also noticed a stat in the box score of the 9ers/Rams game--13 penalties on them. I'd have to look at the previous stats on their past several games to see how long this has been going on. Not good.

Old 11-05-2015, 05:22 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
The season is lost and I don't think the team wants to jeopardize Kap getting hurt because contractually, it would be to their disadvantage financially. I think the team wants to trade him for sure. I'm not sure they will put him in, unless Gabbert completely embarrasses himself or gets hurt.

His problems are not entirely his fault IMO. Aside from his own limitations, he has no protection. The OL sucks. The OC Geep Chryst hasn't been able to devise offensive schemes which work or compensate for the shortcomings. Kap is not a QB who can read defenses, then make adjustments like Rivers, Brady, Roethlisberger, Rogers, and Manning can.

Injuries and departures have decimated the entire team, from top to bottom. It's going to take time to get back on track. I prefer QBs who have the "touch" and a high QB IQ, like the above-mentioned QBs, not some big strong, athletic guy with a rifle arm, a run-first tendency, and a low QB IQ.

Old 11-06-2015, 04:53 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Not starting is overrated. Colin may go in after the first play. Who starts means nothing.
Also many times the replacements have great games. Do not be surprised if they beat Atlanta.
We took Atlanta (-4.5) because we think the rest of the group will too. It's better to lose with them than to try to beat them picking a bad underdog. But, do not be surprised if Gabbert plays very well.
Wait, what?!?!? Please identify all the games where the 4 year starter was benched for poor play, then entered the game after the first play. Who starts means nothing? In what world?

Old 11-06-2015, 07:06 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Wait, what?!?!? Please identify all the games where the 4 year starter was benched for poor play, then entered the game after the first play. Who starts means nothing? In what world?
Only in the world of group gambling?

Old 11-06-2015, 07:27 AM

14,472 posts, read 20,648,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
The season is lost and I don't think the team wants to jeopardize Kap getting hurt because contractually, it would be to their disadvantage financially. I think the team wants to trade him for sure. I'm not sure they will put him in, unless Gabbert completely embarrasses himself or gets hurt.
Excellent observations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
The sports world. Players are often benched from "starting" to show discipline or to penalize their poor decisions. It happens often in the pros and college.

Colin is able to enter the game any time the coach dictates it. After the first play was symbolism.

Have you seen a running back fumble the ball and be taken out for a few plays? Same thing. Send the fumbler a message. Hold on to the ball when you go back in.

The non starter can enter the game any time the coach wants. If Gabbert throws two picks on his first two passes, Colin may be sent in. If he is injured he is replaced. In the end which QB started the game means nothing.

We are in an office pool and have to choose all games against the spread. We took Atlanta but would not be surprised if Gabbert gives some temporary boost to the team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football