Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 01:21 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,445,137 times

Advertisements

Browns @ Bengals – Bengals continue undefeated.
Packers @ Panthers – I watched the Colts @ Panthers last night, and even when the Panthers make mistakes, they bounce back. A dynasty is being born in Charlotte.
Redskins @ Patriots – Done.
Titans @ Saints - The Saints appear to be on a roll as of late.
Dolphins @ Bills - So hard to say. Such a "do or die" game for both teams trying to stay in the race for a Wild Card spot. The Bills, coming off a bye week and playing at home, have the edge.
Rams @ Vikings – The Vikings are emboldened by the Packers' recent defeat and the fact that they know they could potentially compete for the NFC North.
Jaguars @ Jets – The Jaguars continue their sweep of the AFC East (minus the Patriots) and upset the Jets.
Raiders @ Steelers – An off year for the Steelers as the Raiders begin to catch fire.
Giants @ Buccaneers – Eli will try to give this one away, but will prevail at the end of the day.
Falcons @ 49ers – The Falcons, feeling the pressure of everyone saying they have been lucky so far, dominate the 49ers.
Broncos @ Colts – Will the media still play this one up as a grudge match when the Broncos' success thus far hasn't really been about Peyton?
Eagles @ Cowboys – The losing streak for Dallas continues. Matt Cassel booed off planet earth, tells fans to shut up.
Bears @ Chargers – This is actually maybe the garbage game of the week? Neither of these teams is getting anywhere near the post-season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2015, 02:00 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,460,587 times
Browns @ Bengals-The Battle of Ohio will be a dogfight, but this year's Bengals team knows how to win. I've been burned by not picking them too many times this season.

Packers @ Panthers-I normally go with the Packers. However, after seeing the Broncos exploit their weaknesses on Sunday night, I'm going to go with the Panthers in a squeaker at home. This will force Aaron Rodgers to remind Packers fans to relax again.

Redskins @ Patriots-This is my gimme of the week. Patriots are cruising, and the Redskins aren't going to be the team to hand them their first loss.

Titans @ Saints-Who dat? It's the Saints playing winning football again. They'll make it 4 in a row against a horrible Titans squad. Will Brees get any yardage or TD records this week? Probably not, but the Saints should have another decent showing.

Dolphins @ Bills-Both of these teams have burned me multiple times this year, so I'll just go with the home team since I don't have a freaking clue.

Rams @ Vikings-I like both defenses and think this will be a great game, but I'm going to go with AP over Gurley.

Jaguars @ Jets-This is my upset of the week (if you can call it that). I don't think I've picked the Jags all year (except against Winston), but I'm not sure who the Jets are going to throw out there at QB if Geno can't go. Maybe they can make a call to Tebow. Blake Bortles are ready to go and rested coming off a bye week.

Raiders @ Steelers-Steelers have been letting me down the last couple of weeks, but this is a must-win for them. I expect them to eke it out against a pretty good Raiders team.

Giants @ Buccaneers-Yeah, the Bucs beat the Dirty Birds last week, but I liked what I saw from Eli against the Saints and think he will smoke a Winston on Sunday.

Falcons @ 49ers-Falcons are going to be the second worst football team to make it into the playoffs (behind the Colts). They will win this only because the 49ers are throwing Gabbert out there, which is a sign they've given up on the season.

Broncos @ Colts-The return of Peyton will have the Colts wishing they didn't suck for Luck. I only pick the Colts in AFC South games.

Eagles @ Cowboys-I never pick the Cowboys out of spite for the team. However, I could see them winning this if the bad Sam Bradford comes to play.

Bears @ Chargers-Oh great! A Monday night dandy featuring 2 teams that can't seem to find a way to win. I'll just pick the Chargers at home. They have to win another 1 eventually.

Last edited by maniac77; 11-03-2015 at 02:11 PM..

Old 11-03-2015, 02:19 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
10-4 last week for 65-38 overall

Browns @ Bengals - Bengals will get stopped, but not this week.
Packers @ Panthers - Rebound for the pack coming off a bad loss.
Redskins @ Patriots - I keep trying to find a way to pick the Redskins, but.. I don't see it. Jackson being back should help
Titans @ Saints - Titanic continues to sink
Dolphins @ Bills - This is a tough pick. Bills at home.
Rams @ Vikings - Another tough one, but.. Bit more confident in picking Vikes.
Jaguars @ Jets - Jags could surprise here.. But I doubt it.
Raiders @ Steelers - Screw it.. Oakland has impressed me the past 2 weeks.
Giants @ Buccaneers - Giants eat up Winston
Falcons @ 49ers - Should be a nice rebound for the Falcons
Broncos @ Colts - Colts seem to suck, but Manning tends to suck in these type games.
Eagles @ Cowboys - Cowboys at home and it'll screw the NFC East up even more
Bears @ Chargers - Yuck.. Bears because someone has to win.

Old 11-03-2015, 06:04 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
winners (based on math)...

CLV @ CIN.
(10.7)

OAK @ PTS (4.1)
G.B.@ *CAR(3.8)

WSH @ N.E. (12.7)
TEN. @ N.O.(3.9)
JAX. @ NYJ. (9.6)
STL. @ MIN (4.1)
MIA. @ BUF (4.6)

ATL. (5.6) @ S.F.
NYG @ *TB (0.1)

DNV (2.7) @ IND

PHL (1.4) @ DLS

CHI. @ S.D. (4.9)

*upset

11 - 3 last week
77 - 42 season
lock of the week (3 - 1) - New England
take the points (2 - 1) - Carolina (+2), Tennessee (+8)
give the points (2 - 0) - NY Jets (-6)

Old 11-03-2015, 07:49 PM

11,237 posts, read 11,015,248 times
Will get the Thursday pick in now just in case I get crazy busy here soon.... Will get the rest in soon.

Cleve @ Cincy (Cincy looks to be for real, and a game at home should seal the deal for 8-0).

Last week: 9-5

Season: 77-42

Old 11-03-2015, 08:59 PM

660 posts, read 658,253 times
Tough choice. The Browns may very well pull the upset vs the Bengals. The Bengals always struggle in primetime games. Still rolling with the Bengals. Bengals 24-20

Cam Newton is playing lights out this year and he basically the offense. Aaron Rodgers has struggled this year and the Packers fall to 6-2. Panthers 30-27

Patriots carve up the Redskins who while look better, they still suck. Patriots 45-20

Brees is on a roll so far. Titans have struggled to score touchdowns. Saints 35-14

The Bills are all healthy this week. On paper this should be a blowout for Buffalo, but Rex Ryan is still their coach so Buffalo only squeaks by. Bills 27-24

Bridgewater is turning into something big. The Rams offense has been mediocre lately. Vikings 28-10

Everyone is picking the Jets to win this game. As a Jets fan who watched every game this year, I am picking the Jags to win. Geno Smith is starting and he will get nothing done on offense. Brady and Carr have exposed the Jets pass defense and Bortles has been very good for a 2nd year quarterback. Jaguars 20-17

I want to pick the Raiders so bad. But Bell is not playing and the Raiders pass defense is the worst in the league so Ben will destroy that defense. Steelers 38-31

Wow, the Giants lost 52-49. Expecting the Giants defense to rebound and their offense to fall back to earth. Giants 23-17

Two weeks ago, I would have said the Falcons win 55-3. But the Falcons are back to earth so the Falcons squeak out a win vs Blaine Gabbert. Falcons 17-3

Luck is overrated. Wonder what this Denver defense does to Luck...Broncos 24-13

Eagles will win this game because Cassel sucks. Eagles 20-9

Cutler sucks and even the Chargers will slow him down. Chargers 31-24

Old 11-04-2015, 06:15 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,006,031 times
OT. What's the deal with the Vikings? I was shocked to find out they're 5-2. Do they have anyone good besides AP? Looking at their schedule, they have beaten a bunch of crappy teams, but still. San Diego wasn't that bad when Minnesota beat them, and they didn't exactly get clobbered by Denver. The rest of their schedule looks quite tough. I guess we'll see if they can finish above .500.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:07 AM

380 posts, read 430,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
OT. What's the deal with the Vikings? I was shocked to find out they're 5-2. Do they have anyone good besides AP? Looking at their schedule, they have beaten a bunch of crappy teams, but still. San Diego wasn't that bad when Minnesota beat them, and they didn't exactly get clobbered by Denver. The rest of their schedule looks quite tough. I guess we'll see if they can finish above .500.
They've had a receiver named Stefon Diggs emerge in the past couple of weeks. Their defense is also playing quite well.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:21 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post

we shall soon see how well Zimmer and staff have prepared the Vikes.

I was going to start another thread on the league wide Strength-of-Schedule. At this point in the season, the Vikings opponents have compiled a .36 winning pctg, 2nd lowest in the entire league. Their remaining teams have the highest win pct of any team in the league at .63. The only other team even close in a disparity of this amount is Arizona with the lowest SOS at this point with 35% and a 60% remaining.

NFC Strength of Schedule

Old 11-04-2015, 07:22 AM

380 posts, read 430,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
we shall soon see how well Zimmer and staff have prepared the Vikes.

I was going to start another thread on the league wide Strength-of-Schedule. At this point in the season, the Vikings opponents have compiled a .36 winning pctg, 2nd lowest in the entire league. Their remaining teams have the highest win pct of any team in the league at .63. The only other team even close in a disparity of this amount is Arizona with the lowest SOS at this point with 35% and a 60% remaining.

NFC Strength of Schedule
That certainly does worry me down the stretch. Oakland and St. Louis are winnable games over the next two weeks then we'll get a big test in the Packers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football