U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 12:01 PM

792 posts, read 2,904,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
ut's not that hard when good players are going to n.e for less money just to have a shot at a super bowl.that's why n.e is one of the teams not affected by the cap.so again players like moss,seau,dillon will come to n.e and take s@#T money but retire with a super bowl.
Yes but why are good players going to New England in the first place? And to boot, I don't recall anyone knocking down Randy Moss's or Corey Dillon's doors when they were all but forgotten enitties in Oakland and Cinci respectively.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 12:08 PM

582 posts, read 1,828,574 times
[quote=unknown stuntman;2693840]Yes but why are good players going to New England in the first place? And to boot, I don't recall anyone knocking down Randy Moss's or Corey Dillon's doors when they were all but forgotten enitties in Oakland and Cinci respectively.[/quote}my point is they have an advantage that they're riding because of recent success.i love when people say,how do they do it with the cap?you moron!good players about to hit the end of the road will play just to win the big dance.it's not that the patsies are experts at playing with the cap.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:42 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,659,557 times
Everyone gave up on Moss at the end of last year and at the begining of this one saying he lost a step and is not going to be the same old Moss and how is he going to curb his attitude. Same thing with Dillon, they called him a cancer on the team in cincy. What happens when he goes to the Patriots, you don't hear a word about him.

And what about your Cowboys, during the '90s Charles Haley and Deion were switching between Dallas and San Fran just to get rings. I don't think you were complaining then. Now that you got another team doing it, it's suddenly wrong.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:37 AM

11,878 posts, read 33,558,114 times
The 2008 Pats would wipe up the field with the 90s Cowboys. You're talking 13 and 14 years ago folks. The speed and strength of these players increases yearly. Heck, the 2007 Dolphins would wipe up the floor with the 72 Dolphins.

Old 02-02-2008, 12:08 PM

i don't think they could stop irvin,smith,harper,novacek,and a coach called jimmy johnson.

Old 02-02-2008, 12:11 PM

although you might be right,with all the roids going around these days they might be a stronger team but that's it.

Old 02-02-2008, 12:32 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,846,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
The 2008 Pats would wipe up the field with the 90s Cowboys. You're talking 13 and 14 years ago folks. The speed and strength of these players increases yearly. Heck, the 2007 Dolphins would wipe up the floor with the 72 Dolphins.

You're correct, it's amazing what a little hGH can do for you. Don't believe me, ask Rodney Harrison!!

Old 02-02-2008, 01:06 PM

Default roid rage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
You're correct, it's amazing what a little hGH can do for you. Don't believe me, ask Rodney Harrison!!
thank you!

Old 02-02-2008, 02:43 PM

792 posts, read 2,904,219 times
[quote=flburgos;2693917]
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown stuntman View Post
Yes but why are good players going to New England in the first place? And to boot, I don't recall anyone knocking down Randy Moss's or Corey Dillon's doors when they were all but forgotten enitties in Oakland and Cinci respectively.[/quote}my point is they have an advantage that they're riding because of recent success.i love when people say,how do they do it with the cap?you moron!good players about to hit the end of the road will play just to win the big dance.it's not that the patsies are experts at playing with the cap.
Regardless, no one else sought out Rodney Harrison, Corey Dillon and Randy Moss, and many teams surely regret that decison. I don't like the Patriots one bit, but I give them their props on many fronts. They've earned that much and certainly are doing a lot more right than simply getting "good players about to hit the end of the road who just want to win the big dance".

Old 02-02-2008, 07:52 PM

29,910 posts, read 8,621,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I beleive this also. Players are stronger and faster now than 14 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football