U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-01-2008, 08:09 AM
 
582 posts, read 1,828,027 times
Reputation: 262

Advertisements

the 07 patsies wouldn't have a shot of beating the 90's boys even though the boys never had a perfect season.people seem to forget how weak the patriots division is starting with the dolphins,the jets are next and then the bills that's a total of six easy wins plus the games they should of lost.such as the ravens,eagles,giants all of those non division teams choked in the 4th qtr and let the patsies off the hook.the path to history was a lot easier than we think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-01-2008, 08:18 AM
 
Location: New Port Richey
118 posts, read 584,848 times
Reputation: 161
thats because they don't have Troy Aikman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2008, 08:38 AM
 
Location: Turn Left at Greenland
17,700 posts, read 35,621,746 times
Reputation: 7952
and nobody could be the 85 Bears!!!

putting on my flame shield
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2008, 09:03 AM
 
Location: Huntsville, AL
2,221 posts, read 2,658,839 times
Reputation: 482
I'm with ya there Domer, the Dolphins beating the '85 Bears was a fluke.

Burgos, it aint about anyone choking, its about the Patriots stepping up when they had too. You got to give them credit. Every team is gonna have off games, that's why it's so hard to have a perfect season. It's not about how you win, just as long as you do win.

If they had the '72 Dolphins in their prime go up against the Patriots, it wouldn't even be a contest, the Patriots would wipe the field with them.

As for the 90s Cowboys, it would be a good game, but I can definitely see the Pats holding their own and even beating them. So does that mean that the Cowboys choked this year and last year for that matter. Not winning a playoff game in like 15 years.

Just like us Bears fans hold onto the '85 team, the Cowboys fans have to hold on to the '90s but atleast the Bears have won a playoff game and got to the Super Bowl since then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2008, 09:44 AM
 
582 posts, read 1,828,027 times
Reputation: 262
Cool let's party !forget the game tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HsvMike View Post
I'm with ya there Domer, the Dolphins beating the '85 Bears was a fluke.

Burgos, it aint about anyone choking, its about the Patriots stepping up when they had too. You got to give them credit. Every team is gonna have off games, that's why it's so hard to have a perfect season. It's not about how you win, just as long as you do win.

If they had the '72 Dolphins in their prime go up against the Patriots, it wouldn't even be a contest, the Patriots would wipe the field with them.

As for the 90s Cowboys, it would be a good game, but I can definitely see the Pats holding their own and even beating them. So does that mean that the Cowboys choked this year and last year for that matter. Not winning a playoff game in like 15 years.

Just like us Bears fans hold onto the '85 team, the Cowboys fans have to hold on to the '90s but atleast the Bears have won a playoff game and got to the Super Bowl since then.
the current cowboys did choke this year and that's got to do with our qb hanging out with skanks and not taking his job serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2008, 10:51 AM
 
Location: Turn Left at Greenland
17,700 posts, read 35,621,746 times
Reputation: 7952
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
the current cowboys did choke this year and that's got to do with our qb hanging out with skanks and not taking his job serious.
Yea, dang nabbit ... blame Jessica Simpson!!! Curse that little blond vixen!!!

Here's hopin' they get hitched during the offseason!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2008, 11:23 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
3,675 posts, read 7,843,264 times
Reputation: 2333
91 Redskins, that's all I got!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2008, 11:25 AM
 
Location: The great state of New Hampshire
792 posts, read 2,903,581 times
Reputation: 430
Neither I put in the class of the 70's Steelers and 80's 49ers squads for the title of most dominant dynasty. But you have to give the Patriots alot of credit for doing what they have done in this era of salary cap restrictions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2008, 11:25 AM
 
Location: SoCal - Sherman Oaks & Woodland Hills
12,977 posts, read 29,650,235 times
Reputation: 10491
85 Bears was the greatest team ever. Followed closely by the Steelers' 70s teams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2008, 11:52 AM
 
582 posts, read 1,828,027 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown stuntman View Post
Neither I put in the class of the 70's Steelers and 80's 49ers squads for the title of most dominant dynasty. But you have to give the Patriots alot of credit for doing what they have done in this era of salary cap restrictions.
ut's not that hard when good players are going to n.e for less money just to have a shot at a super bowl.that's why n.e is one of the teams not affected by the cap.so again players like moss,seau,dillon will come to n.e and take s@#T money but retire with a super bowl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top