Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 08:34 AM

270 posts, read 1,159,836 times

Advertisements

I love football and all it stands for but man they barlye talk about anything else these last couple of weeks. that is fine that they talk about it a lot but it is beyond that right now. How many times can you say the same things over and over. Having different commentors and football players telling you the same thing just different words.
Is it just me? or are there others out there? Maybe i would like it better if my COLTS were in it but it is just driving me crazy right now. I WANT TO SEE SOME MORE HOOPS!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2008, 08:45 AM

8,804 posts, read 10,242,030 times
Im sick of it too because I cant tell you how many times I hear about tom bradys foot. But it's not gonna go away. Might as well get used to it I guess.

Old 01-30-2008, 09:39 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,057,165 times
I am sick of it too. Mostly, I'm sick of hearing about the Pats and how great they are, and Tommy Golden boy blah blah blah......... Just give them the dag on trophy and lets get on with it.... Bring on College hoops babyyyyyy........ Go Tar Heeeeeeeeels!!

Old 01-30-2008, 09:48 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times
Me, sick of FOOTBALL coverage? Especially with it being the Super Bowl... the last true game of the season? NEVER.
It's only 2 weeks and it'll come and go before you know it.

I'd rather hear antother story about the Pats then hear another story on Britney, Paris, and Lindsey. That's for sure.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:21 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,434,568 times
Yes, I am sick of it. There is someting about the NFL that is absolutely annoying. I can't put my finger on it. The crap just annoys me. College football on the other hand, they could talk that to death and it wouldn't annoy me in the least bit.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:07 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,870,423 times
How can you not be sick of it? I'm going to break by husbands remote so he can't get to ESPN or the NFL Network anymore. It never ends and I'm so freakin tired of hearing about destiny's team I could absolutely scream bloody murder! I would be the happiest woman alive if the Giants can beat them! I don't care if it's by 1 point....just let it be over!!!

Old 01-30-2008, 02:47 PM

3,867 posts, read 4,078,604 times
I for one love it, and would like to have the last two weeks, as well as the SB game itself, as my Groundhog Day. How could anybody not want to hear about how GREAT the Pats are all the time............get with it people!

Old 01-30-2008, 03:06 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,011,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
I for one love it, and would like to have the last two weeks, as well as the SB game itself, as my Groundhog Day. How could anybody not want to hear about how GREAT the Pats are all the time............get with it people!
It's amazing how your perspective changes when it's YOUR team that's on the brink of history, no?

(I'm with you, for the record. I've been a Pats fan for over 25 years, and I am ecstatic about what's happening this season....)

To answer the question, the SB coverage at this point doesn't prevent me from watching whatever else I want on TV. If I don't want to watch ESPN, I simply change the channel. (Just like I do with all of the presidential primary coverage).

The Super Bowl IS the sports world this week. You either need to accept it, or change to one of the other 200 channels on cable.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:12 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times
My Cowboys aren't in it. But it's still the Super Bowl. Best of luck Pats fans. I didn't want them to win, but I don't want the Giants to win more than I don't want New England to win.

BTW, I'm just guessing, but I think the ones who are sick of the Super Bowl coverage are either serious Patriot haters or women (or men, if any) who aren't into football.
...Just guessin'....

Hey, it's like this every year, folks. The only difference is, there's an undefeated team in it this time.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:31 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,011,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Hey, it's like this every year, folks. The only difference is, there's an undefeated team in it this time.
Yup, and the whole "celeb" drama with TB.

I have to admit that I didn't like the Cowboys back in the 90's. "America's team?" Come on now. But, I do *get* it, and I'm actually enjoying the fact that the Pats, for the first time ever, have "hatability". We've arrived!!!!

Here's hoping for a good game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football