U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 03:25 PM

9,586 posts, read 8,913,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toria View Post
excuse me? Several of us Pats fans have already posted our congratulations to the Giants and their fans....I don't see anyone slinking away. Show some class and be a gracious winner....
Fair enough...not sure how gracious the rest are but you are so all i can say is thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 03:29 PM

3,350 posts, read 5,962,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
Do not get your hopes up, Giants will lose by 20 or more. The Giants are outclassed, outgunned and outcoached. Look for the Pats to put on a masterclass that defines them as the greatest team ever. This game is like a skeet shooting session and the Giants are the clay pigeon, it is going to get ugly. I hope you like commercials because they will be the only highlight for the G-Men fans. Big blowout on tap Sunday.
I just wanted to repost that for fun.

I've said it all along. There's a reason you don't get arrogant and full of yourself, because NOTHING is ever 100% guaranteed. Like Chris Berman always says, THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAMES!

Thank you, Giants, for knocking this team off its perch.

Old 02-04-2008, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinman View Post
Belichik was just a little sore about losing. To me, he showed a lack of class by leaving the field before the game was over.

Great job by both teams.

It reminded me of what Randy Moss was playing for the Vikings, and he left the field a few seconds before a game ended. I guess he joined the right team after all.

This team has lacked class and professionalism all year long. It would have been a black mark on the NFL if they'd won. As a football fan, I'm so grateful for what the Giants did!

Old 02-04-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post

Two sounds come to mind... One is the champaign poppin with the '72 Dolphins alumni.
The other... 18-0 *flushing sound*
Hahahaha!

The Pats are now one of three NFL teams to finish 18-1. Of those three, they are the only one to have lost the Super Bowl.

Old 02-04-2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LADY_DI View Post
it just shows when you lie and cheat KARMA COME BACK TO GET YOU

im so glad that the giants won they may not have played the beat all yr but thay never cheated to win the SUPER BOWL

If I could give you 10,000 recs for this post, I would.

Old 02-04-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
18-0,cocky,arrogant,underestimated the gmen,i would say they got thier a!@#S handed to them.they got their A@#@S reamed in the trenches.
Exactly! The SB was supposed to be their coronation. Why did the Giants even bother showing up? It was a done deal. I guess they bought into their own hype, and then they didn't know what to do once the Giants actually showed up to play. This was one team they weren't going to be able to run up the score on.

If ever a team needed to be brought back down to earth, it was this one. I don't know if I could have stomached watching the NFL ever again if the Pats had won, because there would have been no end to the "best ever" talk. Now we know better ... this team was far from the best ever. Great run, yeah, but they couldn't close the deal when it mattered the most.

Old 02-04-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
I just read a bunch of articles about the Super Bowl and hate the Patriots all the more. No class jerks inviting the Giants to their victory party??? Avoiding the press b/c they just didn't want to deal with it?? Belichick walking off early??? They suck, period! Tom Brady snubbed Eli before the game but shook hands with Pat O'Brien??? I love seeing Eli holding up that trophy! I hope everyone in NY will get off his back now! I'm still on Cloud 9! I hope the Pats have stock in Kleenex to dry up all the tears for what might have been!
Last year, I didn't get it when LaDainian Tomlinson said the Patriots had no class. I enjoyed watching the Pats. They were a good, solid team at the top of their game. Then Spygate broke, and it all made sense. Bunker mentality, deflect the blame, and instead of taking the punishment like men, they took it out on the rest of the league by running up the score whenever they could. Remember Belichick saying "What do you want us to do, kick a field goal?" Well, when it's the fourth quarter and you're already up by 30, YEAH. (Look how not trying to FG on fourth down came back to haunt them in the SB.) You don't treat other professional colleauges like that. If you've got the game in the bag, you let off. You run the ball, you kick on fourth down, you might even take out your starters. You DON'T keep lobbing bombs down the field and trying for touchdowns on fourth down. That's what made me sick about this team this year ... as much as knowing they cheated. It was unprofessional and showed a total lack of class and dignity.

I'm serious when I say a Pats victory yesterday would have been a black mark on the league. The Giants' win was probably the most important victory for the game of professional football in the modern era. It kept the integrity of the league intact. I think it's appropriate that this happened in the Goodell era. He's all about law and order, and the rule-breaking Patriots didn't win on his watch.

In the end, cheaters don't win, and winners don't cheat. If you show no class and respect, cheat to win, and think you're unbeatable, it WILL come back to bite you. The Patriots found that out.

Old 02-04-2008, 04:53 PM

84 posts, read 328,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoAdrian View Post
Remember Belichick saying "What do you want us to do, kick a field goal?" Well, when it's the fourth quarter and you're already up by 30, YEAH. (Look how not trying to FG on fourth down came back to haunt them in the SB.) You don't treat other professional colleauges like that. If you've got the game in the bag, you let off. You run the ball, you kick on fourth down, you might even take out your starters. You DON'T keep lobbing bombs down the field and trying for touchdowns on fourth down. That's what made me sick about this team this year
And that was what made me hate the Pats even more! And I'm sure I am not the only one who was so sick and tired of this 'we are better than the rest of ya'll' attitude. Like Manning has told Eli, New England is beatable. And Eli had proved it this past Sunday.

Quote:
The Giants' win was probably the most important victory for the game of professional football in the modern era. It kept the integrity of the league intact.
I can't say it better than this myself. OMG!!! What an incredible feeling!!!

Old 02-04-2008, 05:00 PM

84 posts, read 328,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
18-0,cocky,arrogant,underestimated the gmen,i would say they got thier a!@#S handed to them.they got their A@#@S reamed in the trenches.
I bet Brady twitches a every time he sees RED and BLUE color. WAHAHAHAHAA!!! The Giants D made sure his a s s stayed on the ground!

WAHAHAHAA!!! 18-1 Perfect season with a loss at the Super Bowl. Now THAT is special! This game has proven there is a Football God!

Old 02-04-2008, 05:06 PM

17,700 posts, read 35,670,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KanniJay View Post
I bet Brady twitches a every time he sees RED and BLUE color. WAHAHAHAHAA!!! The Giants D made sure his a s s stayed on the ground!

WAHAHAHAA!!! 18-1 Perfect season with a loss at the Super Bowl. Now THAT is special! This game has proven there is a Football God!
Nah, he's too busy being busy with Gisele I'd imagine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football