U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 05:36 AM

11,878 posts, read 33,562,556 times

Advertisements

The Giants are TOTALLY deserving of this win and their SuperBowl championship. They played a great game and I was very disappointed in the classless gesture by Bellichick at the end of the game.

CONGRATULATIONS GIANTS AND THEIR FANS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 05:59 AM

4,834 posts, read 5,550,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toria View Post
excuse me? Several of us Pats fans have already posted our congratulations to the Giants and their fans....I don't see anyone slinking away. Show some class and be a gracious winner....
Yeah, that comment was NOT the mark of a classy fan...winner or loser. Shame Shame....................

Old 02-04-2008, 06:08 AM

3,337 posts, read 12,656,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
Do not get your hopes up, Giants will lose by 20 or more. The Giants are outclassed, outgunned and outcoached. Look for the Pats to put on a masterclass that defines them as the greatest team ever. This game is like a skeet shooting session and the Giants are the clay pigeon, it is going to get ugly. I hope you like commercials because they will be the only highlight for the G-Men fans. Big blowout on tap Sunday.
Hopefully you handicap the ponies a lot better than you do football!

Old 02-04-2008, 06:11 AM

I have the game on VHS, DVD and a hard drive so if anyone wants to come over and watch it again let me know. Buy the way I haven't read anyone yet on this board mentioning Bradys' post game interview. He had to throw in that he was injured. Looked like he was moving pretty good trying to get away from the Giants rush

Old 02-04-2008, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
The Giants are TOTALLY deserving of this win and their SuperBowl championship. They played a great game and I was very disappointed in the classless gesture by Bellichick at the end of the game.

CONGRATULATIONS GIANTS AND THEIR FANS!
Your right, and that is typical of Bellichick, he's got no class. Did you get a load of his post game interview?

Old 02-04-2008, 06:39 AM

17,700 posts, read 35,640,276 times
Credit to Strahan and Tuck. Those two orchestrated that tremendous win. Their defense completely stymied the Pats offensive line. Brady didn't have a chance. Congrats Giants on a well deserved win.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:04 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,881,642 times
I cannot be prouder of the NY Giants, and this is coming from a Redskins fan. Go Giants! Great game!!!

Old 02-04-2008, 07:11 AM

206 posts, read 555,896 times
Talking great game

it just shows when you lie and cheat KARMA COME BACK TO GET YOU

im so glad that the giants won they may not have played the beat all yr but thay never cheated to win the SUPER BOWL

Old 02-04-2008, 07:20 AM

12,172 posts, read 15,467,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
Do not get your hopes up, Giants will lose by 20 or more. The Giants are outclassed, outgunned and outcoached. Look for the Pats to put on a masterclass that defines them as the greatest team ever. This game is like a skeet shooting session and the Giants are the clay pigeon, it is going to get ugly. I hope you like commercials because they will be the only highlight for the G-Men fans. Big blowout on tap Sunday.
Are you going to eat crow or wear egg on your face today?

Old 02-04-2008, 07:32 AM

792 posts, read 2,904,624 times
Best Super Bowl ever? Bills-Giants still has to be considered strongly. Both great games, with a very memorable play that will live in football lore: Mark Ingram's catch and somehow evading Buffalo tackler after tackler to make a first down to keep a 12 minute drive alive on 3rd down....then last night's catch by Tyree after Manning somehow avoids a sack: remember an incompletion, and its 4th down and more over if Manning gets sacked, its 4th and about 12.
I watched the game surrounded by nothing but Pats fans and I was elated- too many bandwagoners and the pink Brady jersey crowd is nothing short of obnoxious. Gosh I hate bandwagoners, not to mention people who only like a sport because their home team is good and couldn't name you 10 other players total on the other 31 teams.
I can't consider this a "shocker". Upset yes, but putting it in the context of Douglas kocking out Tyson or the USA beating the Soviets in 1980 is completely overboard. Steve Young put it best: you'd expect this degree of competiveness between the two teams if you woke up in Jan. (even early Decemeber I would submit). From there on, the Patriots really weren't playing any better than the Giants, albeit they did edge the Giants in week 17 in what was meaningless game for NY. There were chinks in the armor: by no means when I watched the Patriots play the last two months, was there an aura of invincibility in the realms of the 85 Bears, many of the Montana 80's 49er teams, 90's Cowboys, 98 Broncos... the only one facet the Patriots did exceptionally well for the first three months was only better than average there after on the whole.
Kudos to the Giants defensive line especially- I'm shocked how much Brady was getting battered after barely getting his uniform dirty the first 18 games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football