U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 07:41 AM

17,700 posts, read 35,624,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown stuntman View Post
Best Super Bowl ever? Bills-Giants still has to be considered strongly. Both great games, with a very memorable play that will live in football lore: Mark Ingram's catch and somehow evading Buffalo tackler after tackler to make a first down to keep a 12 minute drive alive on 3rd down....then last night's catch by Tyree after Manning somehow avoids a sack: remember an incompletion, and its 4th down and more over if Manning gets sacked, its 4th and about 12.
I watched the game surrounded by nothing but Pats fans and I was elated- too many bandwagoners and the pink Brady jersey crowd is nothing short of obnoxious. Gosh I hate bandwagoners, not to mention people who only like a sport because their home team is good and couldn't name you 10 other players total on the other 31 teams.
I can't consider this a "shocker". Upset yes, but putting it in the context of Douglas kocking out Tyson or the USA beating the Soviets in 1980 is completely overboard. Steve Young put it best: you'd expect this degree of competiveness between the two teams if you woke up in Jan. (even early Decemeber I would submit). From there on, the Patriots really weren't playing any better than the Giants, albeit they did edge the Giants in week 17 in what was meaningless game for NY. There were chinks in the armor: by no means when I watched the Patriots play the last two months, was there an aura of invincibility in the realms of the 85 Bears, many of the Montana 80's 49er teams, 90's Cowboys, 98 Broncos... the only one facet the Patriots did exceptionally well for the first three months was only better than average there after on the whole.
Kudos to the Giants defensive line especially- I'm shocked how much Brady was getting battered after barely getting his uniform dirty the first 18 games.
Double for me on the bandwagon jumpers! Pink jerseys!!! Good one. While I agree with you on the fact that the Pats were on a downward slant toward the end of the season, the Giants put together a great game that people are going to be buzzing about at least until baseball season starts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 07:52 AM

582 posts, read 1,828,181 times
great defense by the giants they smacked them right in the mouth.they dominated the line of scrimmage and that's where games are won in the trenches.nice to see peeping tom on his a@S all game after all the arrogance and cockiness.they looked down on the giants and got their a!@#S handed to them.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:23 AM

1,510 posts, read 4,654,981 times
Woo, go Giants! I was going for the Giants so that the Patriots wouldnt beat the Dolphins record (dont hate me). But happy they won anyway, it was a great game. Especially the second half.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:24 AM

1,645 posts, read 4,013,812 times
So I guess everybody will become a Giants fan now. Let the glory chasing begin! Gotta love NFL fans.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:32 AM

1,510 posts, read 4,654,981 times
I dont really have a 'team'.. it was just a big commotion here in So.Fl that the Pats were about to beat the Fins record. Everyone, or nearly everyone here was going for the Giants mostly for that reason. But I'm not jumping on the band wagon anytime soon. They did play a great game though.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:36 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,522,393 times
I was thrilled to see Tom Brady eating turf all night and watching Belichick was priceless! All of the Patriots (and fans) did nothing but assume that it was a done deal. Big mistake. Strahan and the defensive line opened up a can of whoop *ss on the Patriots in the first quarter and kept it coming the whole game!! It was great watching the cocky Patriots walk through that tunnel knowing they couldn't close the deal. Seeing Manning stay cool and calm and march his team down the field to seal the victory was nothing short of AWESOME! Only 2 teams can make the Super Bowl and if the Panthers aren't one of them, I'll be cheering for anyone BUT the Patriots. I was rooting for the Giants all during the playoffs and I'm glad they came through! The dynasty crumbled and I am so glad I was watching! The Patriots didn't play worth a crap last night and the Giants didn't let up. It was a thing of beauty to see them toppled. Too much controversy surrounding them now to ever be considered a true dynasty. What is really funny is watching all the sportscasters try to back pedal and figure out what to say b/c no one really gave the Giants a chance! What an ending!!! Great job GIANTS! The whole team contributed to that victory and there is no doubt about it that they deserved it! Tom Brady snubbing Eli before the game really ticked me off so I'm glad he showed him who was the better quarterback in this Super Bowl! The Patriots are sore losers who couldn't seem to put two sentences together mumbling about why things didn't go their way. I bet TB was playing hurt b/c they kept knocking him to the turf all night long! I'm on cloud 9 today! GIANT Letdown - only in New England!

Old 02-04-2008, 08:45 AM

528 posts, read 2,231,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
I was thrilled to see Tom Brady eating turf all night and watching Belichick was priceless! All of the Patriots (and fans) did nothing but assume that it was a done deal. Big mistake. Strahan and the defensive line opened up a can of whoop *ss on the Patriots in the first quarter and kept it coming the whole game!! It was great watching the cocky Patriots walk through that tunnel knowing they couldn't close the deal. Seeing Manning stay cool and calm and march his team down the field to seal the victory was nothing short of AWESOME! Only 2 teams can make the Super Bowl and if the Panthers aren't one of them, I'll be cheering for anyone BUT the Patriots. I was rooting for the Giants all during the playoffs and I'm glad they came through! The dynasty crumbled and I am so glad I was watching! The Patriots didn't play worth a crap last night and the Giants didn't let up. It was a thing of beauty to see them toppled. Too much controversy surrounding them now to ever be considered a true dynasty. What is really funny is watching all the sportscasters try to back pedal and figure out what to say b/c no one really gave the Giants a chance! What an ending!!! Great job GIANTS! The whole team contributed to that victory and there is no doubt about it that they deserved it! Tom Brady snubbing Eli before the game really ticked me off so I'm glad he showed him who was the better quarterback in this Super Bowl! The Patriots are sore losers who couldn't seem to put two sentences together mumbling about why things didn't go their way. I bet TB was playing hurt b/c they kept knocking him to the turf all night long! I'm on cloud 9 today! GIANT Letdown - only in New England!

"If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same...."

Kipling

Old 02-04-2008, 08:49 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,522,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toria View Post
"If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same...."

Kipling

Save the literature lesson. If the Patriots had won, all their fans would be having their say. Most of the fans on here have been gracious this morning. But before the game all we heard were how perfect they were. They had their say. Now I'm having mine

Old 02-04-2008, 08:56 AM

20,005 posts, read 69,417,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
they looked down on the giants and got their a!@#S handed to them.

A 3 point loss is hardly "getting their a$$es handed to them". The Patriots need to go back to the 85 Super Bowl to truly have their "a$$es handed to them".

Old 02-04-2008, 09:15 AM

17,700 posts, read 35,624,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post

A 3 point loss is hardly "getting their a$$es handed to them". The Patriots need to go back to the 85 Super Bowl to truly have their "a$$es handed to them".
Yea ha!!!!! The best keester bustin' game!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football