U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 12:48 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,848,719 times

Advertisements

As I'm sure you all are aware, Senator Spector (Republican from PA) wants Commisioner Goodell to testify about the Spygate thing regarding the Patriots. This is in additon to the Feds already sticking their nose into MLB and allegations of Steroid use.

I for one, hate the Patriots, their coach, their owner, their whole organization and believe that there was more to the whole thing from years past going back to their first Super Bowl.

With that said, I believe it's a NFL issue, not a government issue. I think it's absolutely REDICILOUS that these elected officials are wasting millions of tax payer dollars sticking their nose in things that are none of their business. I mean, aren't there more important issues for them to worry about. You got the Iraq war, Veteran benefits shortages, a possible recession, high energy costs, high unemployment, huge federal deficit, global warming, housing crisis, etc.... going on, and here they are worried about some Jack illegally videotaping other teams in the NFL and steroids use in the MLB. COME ON, do your freaking job, stop wasting tax payer dollars. I wonder how much that "Mitchel" report cost us. When did the government start worrying about Private Sports Leagues??

Just my two cents, I find it absolutely redicilous!! Any other opinions??

Last edited by X-Greensboro Resident; 02-02-2008 at 01:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 03:10 PM

7,238 posts, read 8,245,233 times
The senator should have done this back when Spygate was surfacing instead of waiting until super bowl weekend. as for steroids, well Im quite sick of that story. I wish they would just give it a rest.

Old 02-02-2008, 03:33 PM

Exactly! I can think of atleast 20 issues that are more important than Sports for the government to worry about. It's like a bad joke especially at such a crucial time in this country with the economy, the war and all the other issues going on. I just don't get it.

Old 02-02-2008, 03:59 PM

Oh, did you happen to hear the news that the NFL wants to contact a former member of the Patriots video staff. He says he has tape that could be damaging to the team.

Old 02-02-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Oh, did you happen to hear the news that the NFL wants to contact a former member of the Patriots video staff. He says he has tape that could be damaging to the team.
Yes, I just saw it on ESPN News. Something about the Patriots videotaping the Rams' final walkthrough before the SuperBowl back in 01 or whatever. My question is, why bring up all this stuff a day before the SuperBowl? Why didn't they investigate all of this back in September? It gets wierder and wierder!!

Old 02-02-2008, 06:20 PM

As a huge Rams fan back then(Still am but they just haven't been as exctitng since "Greatest show on turf'')that loss was a tough pill to swallow. Since learning of spygate, I always wondered if they used those tricks in their past 3 superbowls. I cant say they did, but I wll always have suspicions that they did.

Old 02-02-2008, 08:27 PM

11 posts, read 21,448 times
I also think it is ridiculous that they are investigating it now instead of when it happened, in September. The government also has more important things to do than sports.

Old 02-02-2008, 09:07 PM

1,821 posts, read 4,641,257 times
I can somewhat see the steriods and hgh because that is against the law, but I am not aware of a law against video taping signals in sports. If I lived in Pennslyvania I would be pretty angry that my rep. is focusing on this issue over others.

I agree that the fact that all this is coming out now is just kinda weird. It seems like anymore sports reporting is just either way overblown (Tom Brady's boot) or looking to take someone down (LT not playing in AFC championship). ESPN does not need to be Access Hollywood.

Old 02-02-2008, 09:40 PM

528 posts, read 2,232,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
actually, he didn't say either way whether he does or does not have any tapes. But it shouldn't be overlooked that this guy was fired by the Patriots in 2003....possibly a disgruntled ex-employee

Old 02-02-2008, 10:02 PM

11 posts, read 21,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toria View Post
actually, he didn't say either way whether he does or does not have any tapes. But it shouldn't be overlooked that this guy was fired by the Patriots in 2003....possibly a disgruntled ex-employee
That might not be good news for the Pats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or