Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 10:30 PM

8,779 posts, read 10,193,411 times

Advertisements

Ive got a few
Super Bowl 27. Fist one I ever watched.

Super bowl 32. Up until SB 34, this was the most exciting big game I saw

Super Bowl 34. Became a Rams fan that year and it made it a sweet year when they won the most exciting super bowl I've ever seen.

Super Bowl 38. I live in Charlotte and while Im not a huge Panthers fan, the atmosphere here was not to be forgotten. It was a great game and a dissapointing ending for Panthers fans, but still something to remember forever in the queen city.

Super Bowl 39. Best super bowl party I ever attended occured during this super bowl. Thats all.

Super Bowl 40. I like the Steelers too and I was glad to see the Seahawks in the big game(always love when its a first-timer). Glad to see Bill cowher get his ring.

So now which super bowl(s) do you remember the best? and why?

Last edited by Canes2006Champs; 02-02-2008 at 10:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2008, 07:02 AM

118 posts, read 624,529 times
which everone was Giants vs Bills in 91 (I think it was that year) That was my first Superbowl (I was 12)

Redskins vs Bills...the first superbowl I watched mostly, and I was living near Norfolk VA

Cowboys vs Bills... first time I ever seen this team called the cowboys (I wasn't a big football fan) Next day at school, I noticed just as many cowboy jackets, hats, shirts as Redskins. And Well I liked the blue better, so thats when I decided if I had to pick a team I'd be a cowboys fan

Cowboys vs Bills x2 ....first superbowl I really got into...I was 15 and had a huge crush on Troy Aikman

49ers's vs chargers...did not watch but noticed the increase of 49ers jackets at school.

Cowboys vs Steelers....ofcourse I watched had to see my man! i was 17.

Packers vs patriots....my first superbowl party, even though I was 18 and there was no beer, but we did have a good time

Did not watch both Bronco games, or that Rams game

2000 moved to Tampa Florida

2001 was a big deal because that game took place in Raymond James Stadium in Tampa

2003...Tampa Bay Bucs win the superbowl. Jimmy Kimmel Live Debuts afterwords and Warren Sapp was on.

2007...The Tampa Bay area wanted to see Tony Dungee win a superbowl because we feel the Buc Owners didn't treat him fare.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:30 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,135,489 times
The one I remember the most was Superbowl IV in 1970.
The Minnesota Vikings (in my mind) were invincible and the game between them and the Kansas City Chiefs was such a mismatch that you could not even get a "friendly wager" on the game from Viking haters( aka Packer fans)

Two Packer fans said they wanted to bet against the Vikings,but they weren't that stupid cuz the Chiefs had no chance.

I finally told one Packer fan I would give 5-1 odds, but he had to put up $10 ( against my $50) He turned me down cuz he said $10 was too much to lose on a game even he knew the Vikings would anihilate the Chiefs. (1970 wages)

The Friday before the game he took the bet (reluctently)

I watched the game on tv with friends and wasn't the least bit concerned that the Vikings were losing, as any minute they would "pour it on" and blow out the Chiefs.

About the start of the 4th qtr, my friends and I realized there actually was a chance the Vikings were going to lose.

Yup, a team I thought was a cinch to blow out the Chiefs lost and I also lost $50 of 1970 wages that I worked hard for.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:16 PM

84 posts, read 354,929 times
When COLTS won the Super Bowl

Old 02-03-2008, 04:49 PM

6,304 posts, read 8,986,196 times
It's tie between 2002, the Pats first win, and 1986, their first loss.

I was all of 12 at SB time in 1986. And, I CRIED my eyes out when they lost. That's the point I look back on and say, "yes, I was a true fan, even then".

In 2002, I was incredulous about their win. But, yes, as far as "memorability of football" goes for me, THAT super bowl is probably my highlight. With all of the patriotism going on at the time in this country, it was good not only to see my "Patriots" win, but also as the underdogs. Cheesy, I know. But, that's my reason.

Old 02-03-2008, 06:12 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,109,203 times
Super Bowl XXXVIII...I am originally from Patriots territory but we have lived in NC for 12 years. It was rough trying to figure if we should root for the team we grew up with or the new home team....either way we knew we would have bragging rights.

Old 02-03-2008, 08:12 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,199,967 times
Bears over the Pats and Bucs over the Raiders. Can you tell who my two fave teams are? lol

Old 02-03-2008, 08:38 PM

23,000 posts, read 34,304,102 times
This one for sure! History was made, way to go Giants!!!!!!!

Old 02-03-2008, 08:42 PM

673 posts, read 3,140,321 times
Watching the Packers beat the Patriots was the best one I've ever seen. I remember watching TV and just bawling my eyes out I was so happy, calling everyone I knew...and just living in the moment. Grew up 30 miles south of Green Bay and it was electric to be in that atmosphere at the time.....

Old 02-03-2008, 08:44 PM

1,065 posts, read 3,859,261 times
New England over Philadelphia. We didn't care about either team, but the game was played in Jacksonville, FL and we were living there at the time. Downtown was completely closed off to traffic and there was a giant week long party. It was a lot of fun. We now live in Telford, TN, so that will always be a good memory for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football