Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 08:42 PM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
That's a tall order right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I do not see the Eagles beating the Buffaloes and certainly not the Cardinals They may win the other two, the hardest to pick are the ones inside the division.

I do not see My Finz beating the Giants, but I am hoping.
This is why my picking sucks this year, but who knows maybe I'll get lucky for once?? I'm almost certainly due for one, and with this season would it really be a surprise if the Eagles beat the Cardinals or Buffalo??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 08:53 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,469,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
this division is a disaster this year

I gut tells me the Giants

At this point I am not even sure my heart picks the Eagles, this is a bad year for the NFC East and whoever does win probably is not deserving and most likely will not have any credible bragging rights
You never know? The playoffs are a weird thing, and really, a brand new season. For some teams, it's almost as if they are completely different once they get into the playoffs. They play average all year long, and then all of a sudden, they can't make mistakes in the playoffs even if they tried, and they play as if they're the absolute best. On the other hand, you see teams that have dominated all year long who get into the playoffs and get beat. So, it's really hard to say. Can't always predict the post season with logic.

Old 12-10-2015, 11:18 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,462,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
this division is a disaster this year

I gut tells me the Giants

At this point I am not even sure my heart picks the Eagles, this is a bad year for the NFC East and whoever does win probably is not deserving and most likely will not have any credible bragging rights
My gut is telling me the Giants will end up with the NFC East crown too. And even though they've played terrible this season, they could be a dangerous playoff team given their track record. I can see them winning 3 of their last 4 and beating the Eagles in the last week to make the playoffs. 8-8 should be enough to win this dumpster fire division.

Old 12-10-2015, 11:56 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,925,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac77 View Post
My gut is telling me the Giants will end up with the NFC East crown too. And even though they've played terrible this season, they could be a dangerous playoff team given their track record. I can see them winning 3 of their last 4 and beating the Eagles in the last week to make the playoffs. 8-8 should be enough to win this dumpster fire division.

very well could be the case

the winners of these division games this year maybe even more than other years will decide it

I am almost thinking its sad this mess may not be resolved till after NYE

Old 12-10-2015, 12:26 PM

14,322 posts, read 14,620,586 times
Could it go down to the end, last game, like the NFC North in 2013? The whole NFC isn't strong this year, I think both Pack and Vikes get in unless a total nosedive takes place and end up 8-8 (having lost next 4 games)!

Of course, would mean some team stepping up and winning the next four, which is as unlikely as those two losing four!

As in the craziest season thread, this is going to be very interesting the next 4 weeks!

Old 12-10-2015, 01:08 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
oddly enough i too think the giants are on the track to win the NFC east.

Old 12-10-2015, 04:25 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
Just proves a few points

The GIANTS are not the defensive power they were when they won the Super Bowl XLVI last time.

The REDSKINS are suffering from poor overall play, wasted draft picks, and are floundering betwixt and between

The EAGLES Are having an issue with the Coach being well disliked. I have mentioned this before, Murray
s complaints to the ownership are only an example.

The COWBOYS Are too dependent on an oft injured QB and run by an owner who did not build the last winning team (his coach at the time did) Johnny Manziel will be the best stop gap choice at QB, because his style of play matches closely to Romo's. while Weeden and Cassells do not.

Looks to me like heads will roll in the NFC East. In New York, Coughlin must draft defense every time, and look for some free agent help at pass rush. If the New York Football Giants want to be back in the SUper Bowl, they need a defense that is rated above the current 31.

In Philly, Kelly needs to be given a pink slip. If Jeffrey Lurie does not know how to do this, he can ask the 76ers across town.

In Washington, what can I say that has not already been said on a Hoover Vacuum ad...turn them on, they suck. 21st in overall defense which is 4 slots better than the defense. The team will need time and a solid business plan to get back on track.

And what can I say about the Cwboys that has not already been deleted? The dysfunctional family of the NFL, no excuses with the talent they have for the poor playing and poorer record. None at all
Of course we can all get into the points about the players having no accountability to the coach, the coaches not making good use of the talent, and the owner being who he is, but the fact is, this team SHOULD be a lot better, with our without the starting QB.

SO who will win the division? I still say it will be the Giants, but what if the Cowboys somehow get there at 6- 10 (because I do not see them winning 3 of the last 4 against teams that are probably playoff bound based on winning records)

The Fodder for jokes will be endless..........

Old 12-10-2015, 10:56 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,973 times
Since I am a Giants fan, I can see anyone winning but the Giants. They have had a few opportunities to claim this division, and ruined them all. Of course, you could say the same for the entire division, frankly...

Old 12-11-2015, 03:22 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,747,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe01 View Post
Might be the worst division in NFL history.
And yet, every team in that useless division will get shoved down our throats and up our asses next season anyway, because the smallest TV market in the division (Washington) still ranks 7th in total households.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Since I am a Giants fan, I can see anyone winning but the Giants. They have had a few opportunities to claim this division, and ruined them all. Of course, you could say the same for the entire division, frankly...
The NFC East reminds me of four guys trying to climb a slippery slope. Their legs and feet are all whipping furiously, and the moment one guy gets any traction, another guy grabs him and pulls him back down the hill.

Old 12-11-2015, 08:51 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,469,795 times
Quote:
The REDSKINS are suffering from poor overall play, wasted draft picks, and are floundering betwixt and between
Who did the Redskins waste a draft pick on other than RGIII? Sure, as for those other first rounders they gave to St. Louis, how's that working for the Rams? Oh, who's the GM for the Redskins?

Quote:
In Washington, what can I say that has not already been said on a Hoover Vacuum ad...turn them on, they suck. 21st in overall defense which is 4 slots better than the defense. The team will need time and a solid business plan to get back on track.

The Fodder for jokes will be endless..........
I say bite me. You're probably a New England Patriots bandwagoner who'll jump off once Brady and Belichick retires. I love it how people want to jump on the NFC East with their FIRST ever down year, yet say nothing about the other divisions who have went through the same exact thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football