U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-06-2008, 11:31 AM
 
Location: Miami
546 posts, read 1,922,869 times
Reputation: 181

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakfish75 View Post
Take a deep breath 305guy!!! There are 10 more games they played against tough opponents. If you listen to sports radio "most" of the 72 Dolphins think they could have beat the "Patsies". Have you seen what an embarrassment Mercury Morris has become? Population of Perfectville: 1.. Please what a joke!!
I am not a pretend Dolfan. If I was pretend would I continually purchase season tix to a team I was not a fan of??
A true dol-fan would not say the dolphins had "luck" that 72 season. After watching the patriots this year everyone saw how hard it is to go perfect. And a knowledgeable football fan wouldn't say the Patriots had one the toughest schedules ever when they didn't even have the toughest schedule in the league this season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-06-2008, 11:48 AM
 
Location: Jacksonville,Florida
3,772 posts, read 9,546,806 times
Reputation: 1981
-I think a lot of us forget that the Dolphins went 15-2 the next season after being perfect the year before, 32-2 in two seasons is no fluke ,that is greatness.That is something nobody else has done put two great seasons together with that great of a combined record.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2008, 12:12 PM
 
53 posts, read 388,545 times
Reputation: 41
Pats had the 3rd hardest schedule this year and still ended breaking a bunch of records.
72 Dolphins had the 3rd easiest schedule ever recorded!!! Opponents win % was .367.. Sound tough. Granted I am excited the dolphins are still the one and only but it was lucky roll of the dice to end up with a cupcake schedule.
Kisses!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2008, 12:14 PM
 
Location: Heartland Florida
9,324 posts, read 23,798,681 times
Reputation: 4901
And to think they are going to demolish the stadium they played Their home games in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2008, 01:02 PM
 
Location: Miami
546 posts, read 1,922,869 times
Reputation: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakfish75 View Post
Pats had the 3rd hardest schedule this year and still ended breaking a bunch of records.
72 Dolphins had the 3rd easiest schedule ever recorded!!! Opponents win % was .367.. Sound tough. Granted I am excited the dolphins are still the one and only but it was lucky roll of the dice to end up with a cupcake schedule.
Kisses!!!

Go ask Belli-cheat and Tom "Cry-baby" Brady if any of those records mean anything since they didn't get the only one that counts. The patsies played 11 teams that missed the playoffs and 6 of which weren't above .500, 3 of which had a combined record of 10-38. Not to mention they had to cheat to get at least one of those wins. Spare me with the "they had the toughest schedule" babble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2008, 04:15 PM
 
Location: Jacksonville,Florida
3,772 posts, read 9,546,806 times
Reputation: 1981
Any team good or bad can beat a great team on any given Sunday and yes Rick it is melancholy that they are tearing down the Orange Bowl. Something tells me there will be nothing built to supersede the OB site and will be a very big bare parcel of land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2008, 05:17 AM
 
Location: 43.55N 69.58W
3,231 posts, read 6,667,792 times
Reputation: 2972
Quote:
Originally Posted by 305guy View Post
Go ask Belli-cheat and Tom "Cry-baby" Brady if any of those records mean anything since they didn't get the only one that counts. The patsies played 11 teams that missed the playoffs and 6 of which weren't above .500, 3 of which had a combined record of 10-38. Not to mention they had to cheat to get at least one of those wins. Spare me with the "they had the toughest schedule" babble.

Uh-oh... now you've made the mermaid cry...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2008, 12:00 PM
 
53 posts, read 388,545 times
Reputation: 41
Yes 305 you are right the 72 Dolphins are the greatest ever. They would have beat up on these Patriots like if they were a high school team!!
Do you really think Belichick is the only coach to tape other teams?? Jimmy Johnson (F.Y.I. He used to be the Dolphins head coach) said on air, that he used to do the same thing when he was coaching in the NFL and that it is not an uncommon practice throughout the league!
Since we are talking records. Do none of Dan Marinos records mean anything since he never won the one that counts? Some fan you are! Shame on you! You fair weather fan! BOO BOO BOO BOO!!
Go Dolphins! The Big Tuna is gonna make things happen!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2008, 12:07 PM
 
Location: Miami
546 posts, read 1,922,869 times
Reputation: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakfish75 View Post
Yes 305 you are right the 72 Dolphins are the greatest ever. They would have beat up on these Patriots like if they were a high school team!!
Do you really think Belichick is the only coach to tape other teams?? Jimmy Johnson (F.Y.I. He used to be the Dolphins head coach) said on air, that he used to do the same thing when he was coaching in the NFL and that it is not an uncommon practice throughout the league!
Since we are talking records. Do none of Dan Marinos records mean anything since he never won the one that counts? Some fan you are! Shame on you! You fair weather fan! BOO BOO BOO BOO!!
Go Dolphins! The Big Tuna is gonna make things happen!!!

I know i'm right...their record speaks for itself. UNDEFEATED PERFECTION = the best NFL team EVER.

You're the one talking about them beating up the patriots not me. And as far as TEAM records go, they don't mean squat unless you win the big one. Marino's were INDIVIDUAL records which are indicative of his performance as an INDIVIDUAL and he broke and held most of the them for awhile - therefore he is one of the greatest - if not THE greatest - QB of all time.

Hopefully that was simple enough for you to understand before you go off on another tangent on how the 72 fins can't beat the 07 patriots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2008, 12:23 PM
 
53 posts, read 388,545 times
Reputation: 41
Sux to live in the past!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top