U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 10:15 PM

6,760 posts, read 10,446,336 times

Advertisements

Saw it on another board and couldn't help but CRACK UP!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
After a great Superbowl, I had to post this...-18-1.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2008, 10:21 PM

5,412 posts, read 14,335,710 times
^ That rocks!! I'm sending that to all the Giants haters.

Crap, C-D is not letting me rep. you.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:42 PM

9,473 posts, read 12,345,936 times
I have been waiting for this to happen all year long and finally it happen and with only a few seconds left to go to do it in......congratulation New York Giant On A Job Well Done....

Old 02-04-2008, 05:59 AM

283 posts, read 1,185,277 times
Before the game, and way before - as things began to line up for the Giants, I just believed in them. I believed they could win the game, and I picked them to win.

When Belechick came out in a RED cut-off sleeved hoodie, I knew that the deal was cinched. Why would you change your karma like that??? Where was the old, ugly one that he had worn in all those other games? That was wierd.

Fantastic game. Just Fantastic. No questionable calls to ruin the show - just good playing. I am so proud of the Giants.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:56 AM

6,760 posts, read 10,446,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird22 View Post
Before the game, and way before - as things began to line up for the Giants, I just believed in them. I believed they could win the game, and I picked them to win.
I had thought the Patriots could win, but really expected the Giants to win by 3 to 7 points.

I watched the Giants beat the Cowboys, pulling for them to win so Green Bay could play the NFC championship at home. After the way the Giants played Dallas, I did not believe that Dallas played a terrible game, but rather the Giants just controlled the game enough to win. Quiet honestly, after rooting for the Giants to beat Dallas, once I watched that game I was more nervous about the Packers playing the Giants at Lambeau than playing the Cowboys in Dallas. Watched the whole frozen NFC championship to see my Packers defeated in OT, although I think the game on paper looked WAY closer than going to OT indicated, the Giants just controlled the Packers offense the entire game.

After seeing the way the Giants knocked off both the top NFC seeds on the road, I never doubted they could knock off the Patriots. I felt the Giants were peaking in the playoffs, and the Patriots had already past their peak a few weeks back.

The Giants proved to be the real deal and their Defense was incredible. They will be tough next year.

Not sure what will happen with the Patriots considering all the spygate, Jetgate, Ramgate, Superbowlgate stuff thats coming. Bellicheck is finally gettting exposed for the poor sportsman that he is. I'd never argue that he's not a bright coach, but his sportsmanship is deplorable.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:40 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,526,070 times
That is one of the greatest pictures I've ever seen!

Old 02-04-2008, 09:19 AM

735 posts, read 3,214,653 times
I live outside of Boston and have had to put up with weeks of razzing at work, neighbors, and even strangers at the grocery store! All sorts of jokes about Eli and how it was fluke they made it to the Superbowl etc.

Guess what haters- the GGGGGGGGGGGGGgggggGGGG-MEN have arrived!!!

GIANTS- SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS baby!

18-1 -good year, but this isn't horseshoes

Old 02-04-2008, 09:28 AM

I got those screen shots on p. 1 while watching the post-game review on NFL Network on my computer last night. Too bad I don't have hi-def on my computer, but those pics still say a thousand words.

When I woke up this morning, I had to pinch myself to make sure SB42 wasn't just an elusive dream.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:59 AM

10 things we learned from the Giants Super Bowl win

Old 02-04-2008, 10:07 AM

280 posts, read 1,103,074 times
Thumbs up Go Giants...

....GO NY!!! I Had No Doubt!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football