U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 02:47 AM

270 posts, read 1,103,769 times

Advertisements

Well last night was a wonderful night for a lot of people including myself. I only seen the 2nd half and that was the only part of the game that seem to have anything anyway. I am very happy that the Pats lost it serves Brady right they all thought that they would walk in there and finish history. I think that i heard it best one announcer said this before the game (sean slasbury?) If the pats dont win tonight they will be the worst 18-1 team in history and lookie lookie what happen.

I do have to admit that is the best superbowl in a LONG time. But just a great great feeling to see the Manning boys go back to back Archie must feel pretty good about now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 05:33 AM

11,878 posts, read 33,569,983 times
I was rooting for the Patriots to win, but like the Giants as well. After that classless move by Bellichick at the end of the game, I'm glad the Patriots lost.

RBK - Perfectville

Old 02-04-2008, 05:58 AM

528 posts, read 2,233,229 times
what classless move? He thought the clock had run out (as did I), ran over and shook Coughlin's hand and left the field to allow them to celebrate. I don't get it?

The Reebok commercial is pretty funny, have to admit....

Old 02-04-2008, 06:21 AM

828 posts, read 2,895,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toria View Post
what classless move? He thought the clock had run out (as did I), ran over and shook Coughlin's hand and left the field to allow them to celebrate. I don't get it?

Wow, I have NEVER seen a coach run off the field because he "Thought" the clock ran out.
Classless.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:25 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,597,416 times
Quote:

I don't get it either, there was ONE second left on the clock, the whole giants team already flooded the field. He ran immediately over to Coughlin and embraced him before leaving the field.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:31 AM

528 posts, read 2,233,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fischfan13 View Post
Wow, I have NEVER seen a coach run off the field because he "Thought" the clock ran out.
Classless.
most of the Giants team ran out there, too. Guess they were all wrong, too then?
What is the big deal, its not like he brushed off Coughlin...he ran over, shook his hand and even hugged him, and left so they could celebrate.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:44 AM

11,878 posts, read 33,569,983 times
Quote:
most of the Giants team ran out there, too. Guess they were all wrong, too then?
What is the big deal, its not like he brushed off Coughlin...he ran over, shook his hand and even hugged him, and left so they could celebrate.
Perhaps I made too much of it and I'll keep my mouth shut. I respect both of these teams for what they have done and am not one to sling mud around.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:50 AM

828 posts, read 2,895,985 times
I did not see the Giants players all over the field, as two of you have.
Give Eli and the Giants the chance to "take a knee".

Old 02-04-2008, 06:52 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,524,567 times
Default All the Patriots are classless poor sportsmen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Perhaps I made too much of it and I'll keep my mouth shut. I respect both of these teams for what they have done and am not one to sling mud around.

No you aren't making too much of it. He ordered the Patriots off the field and not one of their players congratulated the Giants. Proved the point I've tried to make every time someone talks about how gracious they are and how they never trash talk. Bull....they are gracious winners but sucky losers! One of the Giants said in an interview that the Patriots were inviting them to their after parties and telling them to give up the game was theirs. God, I'd love to have been in that locker room after the game. The Patriots showed they can't close the deal and they showed thier true colors last night. I couldn't be happier unless it was my Panthers showing the win this morning! Go Eli and the Giants! Superb Super Bowl! The dynasty crumbled under the Giants! WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Old 02-04-2008, 06:55 AM

17,700 posts, read 35,649,010 times
Defense won the Giants that game. More than Eli Manning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or