Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 09:41 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,814,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
Until the Vikings actually win a "big" game, I have to go with the Packers....going back 10 yrs, I can't remember any other team in the NFC North beating the Packers in a big game
2012, week 17

Vikings versus Packers

If Green Bay wins they get the #2 seed and a bye and home-field in the divisional round. If not, they drop to the #3 seed and they don't get a bye and have to travel on the road if they make it that far.

If Minnesota wins they make the playoffs. If not, they don't.

Minnesota 37, Green Bay 34, in the strength of Adrian Peterson's 199 yards on the ground.

That said, the Packers should have the edge in Lambeau. But they're not invincible in big divisional games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 11:36 AM

2,096 posts, read 2,326,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
2012, week 17

Vikings versus Packers

If Green Bay wins they get the #2 seed and a bye and home-field in the divisional round. If not, they drop to the #3 seed and they don't get a bye and have to travel on the road if they make it that far.

If Minnesota wins they make the playoffs. If not, they don't.

Minnesota 37, Green Bay 34, in the strength of Adrian Peterson's 199 yards on the ground.

That said, the Packers should have the edge in Lambeau. But they're not invincible in big divisional games.

The Vikings already clinched a playoff spot. If they win, they win the division. They're already in the playoffs no matter what

Old 12-31-2015, 12:32 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
The Vikings already clinched a playoff spot. If they win, they win the division. They're already in the playoffs no matter what

think he's identifying the stakes at play in the 2012 season finale

Old 12-31-2015, 02:10 PM

660 posts, read 658,756 times
The winner of the Packer/Vikings game gets to play Seattle at home. The loser gets to play Washington on the road. Losing may be beneficial lol.

Old 12-31-2015, 03:35 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,863,296 times
I'll be very surprised if Green Bay wins. At this point in their downward sliding season, the only thing they may have to look forward to is the forecast of 20 degrees around game time. Rodgers likes firm footballs & I believe cold weather makes the footballs firmer. The only cold game Packers have played all season is the game at Minneapolis, where they won 30-13.

Thanks to Brady messing up, the NFL is probably paying extra attention to PSI, so Rodgers can't have balls over inflated anymore.

Old 12-31-2015, 05:47 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,598,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
I remember that play, what year was it? Was it for a division title? Playoff game?
Divisional Playoff game. 2004 I believe.

Straight Cash Homie!!!

Old 12-31-2015, 06:52 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
Divisional Playoff game. 2004 I believe.

Straight Cash Homie!!!
Star implies he won't stop at pretend moon

KARE-TV of Minneapolis recorded the exchange between Moss and reporters outside the Vikings' practice facility.
  • Reporter: "Write the check yet, Randy?"
  • Moss: "When you're rich you don't write checks."
    Reporter: "If you don't write checks, how do you pay these guys?"
    Moss: "Straight cash, homey."
    Reporter: "Randy, are you upset about the fine?"
    Moss: "No, cause it ain't [expletive]. Ain't nothing but 10 grand. What's 10 grand to me? Ain't [expletive] … Next time I might shake my [expletive].
hard to think of another guy that was so loved, and so hated, during his runs through Minnesota.

In truth, Moss's reaction was a sort of payback for the Lambeau faithful and their habit of mooning visiting teams' busses as they leave Lambeau.

Old 01-01-2016, 09:01 AM

2,096 posts, read 2,326,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlippedBit View Post
The winner of the Packer/Vikings game gets to play Seattle at home. The loser gets to play Washington on the road. Losing may be beneficial lol.
I actually thought the same thing. Although, the Redskins can't be overlooked with Cousins and Jackson playing so well together.

Old 01-01-2016, 09:48 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,228,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
I'll be very surprised if Green Bay wins. At this point in their downward sliding season, the only thing they may have to look forward to is the forecast of 20 degrees around game time. Rodgers likes firm footballs & I believe cold weather makes the footballs firmer. The only cold game Packers have played all season is the game at Minneapolis, where they won 30-13.

Thanks to Brady messing up, the NFL is probably paying extra attention to PSI, so Rodgers can't have balls over inflated anymore.
Not firmer, softer in cold temperatures that was the whole defense in the Deflategate nonsense driven by the NFL, footballs lose air pressure in cold weather and become softer

Yes the NFL is paying extra attention to PSI and has been measuring air pressures of footballs at the start, half time and end of games...

Interesting that if the NFL was right and the Pats were "cheating" then they should have the proof now with documentation of balls NOT losing pressure during exposure to colder temps and yet we haven't heard a peep from the NFL

Guarantee that if the data being collected by the NFL supports the Patriots position that the balls were never tampered with as footballs naturally lose PSI during exposure to colder temps Goodell will bury that data and no one will ever see it....

Brady never "messed up" the NFL did....

Old 01-01-2016, 03:07 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Vikings are the favorite, and I expect them to win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football