U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 08:47 PM

14,640 posts, read 22,508,909 times

Advertisements

Well they're still the AFC Champs.

Remembering back to all of those pregame polls, about 75% or more of America had the Patriots winning the game.

Now that the game is over and the Giants won, all you brave Chowd Haters are coming out of the woodworks in groves!

Makes me sick.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 02-12-2008 at 12:05 PM.. Reason: Please don't post images which are subject to copyright
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 03:57 PM

64 posts, read 187,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
I felt they were way overrated all year because they piled on the points against some teams who were seriously struggling at the time. 3-4 wins by 21+ points against teams who are having big issues, only to be followed a couple of weeks later by barely escaping
Get a grip, they went 18-0 and lost one game?

How were the Bills struggling when they got humiliated in their own park 56-10 by a machine of a football team?

I will admit they had some rough goes down the stretch but to say "they were way overrated all year" is just pure and utter nonsense.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:09 PM

5,412 posts, read 14,347,061 times
Check out this guy's thread if you haven't already.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:30 PM

16 posts, read 98,328 times
poor babies.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:21 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,699,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brill View Post
I'm wondering what will happen to the Patriots too. The last few years we've seen the loser of the Super Bowl implode the following year. Will the Patriots and the Dolphins be fighting for last place next year?
Nonsense. The Pats will be back with a nasty vengence. They may lose some games in the regular season, but barring injury they will be back.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:00 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,968,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent85 View Post
I heard the Patriots didn't even shake the opposing teams hands after. That's really really low, screw the patriots, I'm glad they lost. I can't stand any Boston teams except the Bruins.
They deserve a lot of credit for going 18-0 but what
is up with all the cry baby stuff coming out of Mass
New England Patriots Fans Petition Commissioner Over Final 1:40 of Super Bowl - NFL
The Giants won
End of story end of season
18-1 was a great season congrats to them for that
But having the trophy and the parade is even better

Old 02-13-2008, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
They deserve a lot of credit for going 18-0 but what
is up with all the cry baby stuff coming out of Mass
New England Patriots Fans Petition Commissioner Over Final 1:40 of Super Bowl - NFL
The Giants won
End of story end of season
18-1 was a great season congrats to them for that
But having the trophy and the parade is even better
In the words of the Governator, I want to tell those fans, "Stop whining!"

Old 02-14-2008, 10:31 AM

1,893 posts, read 3,532,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
Not sure what will happen to the Patriots, but IF I was a betting man, I'd bet they would be gone next year before the AFC Championship game comes around. I felt they were way overrated all year because they piled on the points against some teams who were seriously struggling at the time. 3-4 wins by 21+ points against teams who are having big issues, only to be followed a couple of weeks later by barely escaping against teams who weren't very good (Baltimore, Philly) was all the story I needed to realize that at the very best the 2007 Patriots were a team that was much better than "average" but certainly not among the "elite" teams in NFL history. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The 85Bears outscored opponents IN THE PLAYOFFS 91-10. The 1989 SF 49ers outscored opponenets IN THE PLAYOFFS 126-26.

That is dominance. That is flat out superior performance. Until someone crushes all playoff opponents with such devastating, crushing defeats, I will not buy into any of the "greatest team ever" BS hype that the media generates about a team such as the 2007 Patriots.

This coming from a Packer fan who thoroughly dislikes both the Bears and 49ers, but can clearly see the difference between the real deal and a poser like the 2007 Patriots.
The Patriots were overrated? Seriously? They may not have been as good as the 89 Niners and the 85 Bears but unfortunately no one will ever know.

The Patriots beat: Colts (#2 AFC), San Diego (twice - #3 AFC), Pittsburgh (#4 AFC), Jacksonville (#5 AFC), Cleveland (10-6), Dallas (#1 NFC), Giants (#5 NFC & SB champs), Washington (#6 NFC). Yeah, They were definitely overrated.

The Pats didn't shake hands. Did you happen to notice the confetti and the fireworks. It was the Giants time to be on the field. How often do you see the SB loser stand around and shake hands. Is this Pee Wee football?

The Pats battling for last place next year?? What color is the sky in your world?? The Pats have the #7 overall pick next year. Belichek and Pioli are 2 of the best in the business at drafting talent. Not to mention their ability to sign their own free agent and bring in quality replacements. Moss will be on the Patriots next year and Brady will continue being the best QB in the game.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:37 AM

^ I think the "overrated" comment means the Patriots are not the best team ever. Yes, they're a great team - I don't think anyone is going to deny that. (Cheating/spygate or not.) But they're not the best NFL team of all time; not even top 5. Heck, not even top 42.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:53 AM

1,893 posts, read 3,532,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
^ I think the "overrated" comment means the Patriots are not the best team ever. Yes, they're a great team - I don't think anyone is going to deny that. (Cheating/spygate or not.) But they're not the best NFL team of all time; not even top 5. Heck, not even top 42.
Name 1 other team that has one 18 games in a season and they're not top 5 all time?

I hope you aren't driving today!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football