Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Broncos or Panthers?
Broncos 56 47.46%
Panthers 62 52.54%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 02:54 PM

14,322 posts, read 14,620,586 times

Advertisements

No doubt, going against the best defense in the league, I agree. Denver has a fast defense, their coverage skills very good. I was surprised how fast they play. Definitely a strong vote for the defense wins championships camp!

Old 02-09-2016, 02:55 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,735,287 times
Take Marshawn Lynch for example. He doesn't talk regardless of the situation, win or lose.

Cam likes to bask in all the glory when things are going good. You know that is going to bite you when things go bad like SB 50. If you want all the glory and dabbing and Superman persona, then you have to deal with it when things go bad. Don't pout.

Old 02-09-2016, 03:01 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
I will admit to disliking Cam since he entered the league. And looking at the stats I thought he was really overrated since his rookie year. But having watched him this season I was wrong, the stats don't tell the entire story. But yeah he missed open guys a lot on Sunday, he played poorly.

With that said how he handled himself in the presser was worthy of the criticism. He not only walked out he was a total tool with terse one word answers throughout. Brady gets way more hate and never did this. Now he double down by saying today that he was a poor loser, show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.

So if that's the way Cam wants it, to be known as a bad loser, then nobody should be complaining when he gets criticized.

Old 02-09-2016, 03:17 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I will admit to disliking Cam since he entered the league. And looking at the stats I thought he was really overrated since his rookie year. But having watched him this season I was wrong, the stats don't tell the entire story. But yeah he missed open guys a lot on Sunday, he played poorly.

With that said how he handled himself in the presser was worthy of the criticism. He not only walked out he was a total tool with terse one word answers throughout. Brady gets way more hate and never did this. Now he double down by saying today that he was a poor loser, show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.

So if that's the way Cam wants it, to be known as a bad loser, then nobody should be complaining when he gets criticized.
Win or lose, Tom Brady has always been good with the media. Same with many other QBs, and other positions. Dealing with the media is part of what an NFL player has to do. Losing in any sport isn't wonderful. A team either wins or loses all the time.

How any athlete, coach, manager, owner (etc) conducts themselves in front of the media, can also be a win or loss for their team, depending in how they present themselves.

Old 02-09-2016, 03:24 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,735,287 times
You have to know how to play the media. Fake smile. Give generic cliche answers and be on your way. That way they move onto the next story. The way Cam acted now it's going to drag all out until next season.

Don't become a story. Media gobbles that up.

Old 02-09-2016, 10:19 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
His actions at UT are not a debatable small misstep. They were a symptom of a guy who felt the rules didn't apply to him and he could treat a trainer in whatever reprehensible manner he wanted. Maybe the last how ever many years he's regretted his actions. Or maybe he's just been glad his daddy was rich and bent on building a football dynasty. I don't know and neither do you. I just find talk of him being some paragon of virtue laughable. He's a flawed human being who's been given every advantage and taken every one and more. Many other players if they had behaved in a like manner would never had the opportunity to play another day of football. Or maybe they would depending on how much UT wanted to cover up the incident. Crap like this has happened too many times at the college and pro level for anyone to be confused about what really matters. And it ain't the people victimized by thugs like Manning.
Thugs? You think you are an expert on what happened at Tennessee because you read one story on it? Dear lord. Anyone who has truly followed Peyton Manning knows the Naughright story and you conveniently left out a huge part of it. Naughright filed many accusations of assault at that school. Last i remember it was about 30. So unless you think most athletes there were "thugs" then there is something off there. Was Peyton some innocent kid? Absolutely not. He did a stupid thing and should have fessed up to it earlier. Like Cam and the laptop incident. Naughright was fine taking her $300k in the end. And Peyton grew up. Get off your high horse and stop taking shots when you don't know even a little bit of the story.

Old 02-09-2016, 11:50 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,857,597 times
This thread has a lot of posts that are going to go *POOF*.

I've also gotten a couple reports on two different threads about snarky reps and no name put to that rep. That kind of nonsense is uncalled for! I have little use for people who do stuff like that.

Closed. Way too many posts gone awry to bother with this and there are other threads that take up the slack here.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 02-10-2016 at 09:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football