Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 11:33 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,529,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
If I am Peyton, I am not happy with Indy. They ditched the old lady for a flashy, big breasted freshman. Peyton gave them everything and clearly wanted to continue playing as long as he could.

Do we understand their decision? Yes....it made logical sense. What I said is also true.

Thinking Peyton now feels more allegiance to the organization that gave him a second chance...and a Super Bowl victory.

I could be wrong. Was shocked to hear him loudly shill for Budweiser on two occasions....after the game. That was a big WTH moment that will tarnish his legacy a bit.
Peyton will always show reverance to both franchises, which is why I think he'll retire without a lot of pomp and circumstance. Peyton may have been upset initially by his release, but he's a smart guy, and I'm sure in time he's grown to understand that it was best for both parties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 12:32 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,678,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Peyton will always show reverance to both franchises, which is why I think he'll retire without a lot of pomp and circumstance. Peyton may have been upset initially by his release, but he's a smart guy, and I'm sure in time he's grown to understand that it was best for both parties.
This is very true. Peyton understands the game better than most everyone, both on the field and in the front office. Have to wonder if he becomes a 1) TV announcer 2) GM or 3) Head coach?

He certainly has enough money to retire. Heard he is invested in a Budweiser distributorship which would explain his shilling for Bud. BTW, Left Hand Brewery is offering a free Micro Beer to anyone bringing in an empty Bud bottle or can today. I hope they drop of a couple cases at his house also. It would be a shame to retire that young and rich and drink Bud!

Old 02-09-2016, 01:10 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,994 times
I don't see Peyton going into coaching. Most of the Elite players take a different route. I guess we'll see but I would not be surprised if he simply retired and went into another area of business all together and we don't' hear from him much on Sundays in the Fall.

Old 02-09-2016, 01:12 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,607,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
BTW, Left Hand Brewery is offering a free Micro Beer to anyone bringing in an empty Bud bottle or can today. I hope they drop of a couple cases at his house also. It would be a shame to retire that young and rich and drink Bud!
Peyton enjoys Budweiser?

He's obviously another connoisseur who realizes that microbrewery "beer" is nothing more than Kool-Aid-flavored near-beer -- meant only for millennials and other assorted intelligentsia nimnos -- and that Bud has always been real beer for real men.

Old 02-09-2016, 01:17 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times
I heard a rumor today on Packers talk radio and his interest in a particular team, however, won't post until I hear back from one the guys that was talking about it. It may not even be new news as he is still close with Polian, I believe.

Old 02-09-2016, 01:24 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,390,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Peyton enjoys Budweiser?

He's obviously another connoisseur who realizes that microbrewery "beer" is nothing more than Kool-Aid-flavored near-beer -- meant only for millennials and other assorted intelligentsia nimnos -- and that Bud has always been real beer for real men.
Maybe he drinks a lot of beer.

Old 02-09-2016, 01:35 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,613,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
I could be wrong. Was shocked to hear him loudly shill for Budweiser on two occasions....after the game. That was a big WTH moment that will tarnish his legacy a bit.
You guys with your tarnished legacy's. LOL

Old 02-09-2016, 02:52 PM

426 posts, read 957,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I heard a rumor today on Packers talk radio and his interest in a particular team, however, won't post until I hear back from one the guys that was talking about it. It may not even be new news as he is still close with Polian, I believe.
ESPN is saying he's going to be the front man for a group looking to buy the Tennessee Titans.

Old 02-09-2016, 02:54 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
You guys with your tarnished legacy's. LOL
It was kind of odd to hear Peyton mentioned Budweiser in that post game interview. It felt kind of like a NASCAR event for a few seconds.. but certainly not anything that will tarnish legacy. That's just silly to think.

Old 02-09-2016, 03:00 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times
I thought it was funny he specifically said the name of the beer and wondered if there was a reason he did it. Don't think it matters at all though. Can't stand Bud myself, I'm a Miller gal! Give me one of those MGDs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football