U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2008, 06:12 PM

909 posts, read 2,711,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Najeh "Dookie" Davenport?
Joey Porter?
Cedric Wilson?
James Harrison?

Yeah, all but James Harrison have been let go. You know why? They sucked. Why hasn't Harrsion been let go? Don't forget about the team assistant who was dealing steroids. Wonder who on the Steelers received them?

Oh, and all the criminals the Bengals have had? Gone.

theve been to the playoffs once with marvin lewis. mike tomlin has only been a one year coach, and does 3 times better job than marvin lewis has ever done in his life. Bill Cowher went a season 15-1 with a rookie QB leading his team. has Carson Palmer done that when he was a rookie, no.

Last edited by Canes2006Champs; 08-01-2008 at 01:27 PM.. Reason: leave out personal stuff please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 07:11 PM

201 posts, read 434,593 times
theve been to the playoffs once with marvin lewis. mike tomlin has only been a one year coach, and does 3 times better job than marvin lewis has ever done in his life. Bill Cowher went a season 15-1 with a rookie QB leading his team. has Carson Palmer done that when he was a rookie, no.[/quote]

Any solid QB could have led that team to 15-1.. They were stacked.. Carson is arms and legs better than Big Ben. Take off your blinders dude..

Last edited by Canes2006Champs; 08-01-2008 at 01:28 PM.. Reason: edited quote

Old 07-24-2008, 10:12 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,309 posts, read 11,212,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayersd1 View Post
Any solid QB could have led that team to 15-1.. They were stacked.. Carson is arms and legs better than Big Ben. Take off your blinders dude..
Then please EXPLAIN why the Bengals have NEVER won a Super Bowl if he is so good?

Old 07-25-2008, 01:12 AM

3,502 posts, read 8,580,891 times
Dallas Cowboys get their 6th... End Thread....

Old 07-25-2008, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanwannabe View Post
Then please EXPLAIN why the Bengals have NEVER won a Super Bowl if he is so good?
Because the rest of the team is average.. Tell me Carson isn't a top teir QB and I'll laugh in your face.. I'm not a USC fan but Carson is a stud. He runs the whole team, has a cannon arm, and knows where everybody is at everytime.

They lost super bowls because their teams weren't very good.. Oh and Carson's knee was taken out of the first offensive play which was a 50+ yard completion..

Old 07-25-2008, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Carson is Brady Mannish ish.. He's on the level of the greats, Ben isn't. He's good, number 1 out of that class but he's not great.. To say the least..

Old 07-25-2008, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Carson is Brady Mannish ish.. He's on the level of the greats, Ben isn't. He's good, number 1 out of that class but he's not great.. To say the least..
Not once did I ever say Ben was great! I am actually not a fan of Ben. He's inconsistent. But, you win as a team and you lose as a team. With that in mind, Carson will never take the Bengals to a SB victory. (see comment below)

Last edited by TexasGirl@Heart; 07-25-2008 at 03:51 AM..

Old 07-25-2008, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Because the rest of the team is average.. Tell me Carson isn't a top teir QB and I'll laugh in your face.. I'm not a USC fan but Carson is a stud. He runs the whole team, has a cannon arm, and knows where everybody is at everytime.

They lost super bowls because their teams weren't very good.. Oh and Carson's knee was taken out of the first offensive play which was a 50+ yard completion..
Oh yes, the infamous dirty play by Kimo (Steeler)...how Pittsburgh was crucified over that one I suppose the next thing you'll say is that it is Pittsburgh's fault that the Bengals didn't go further in the playoffs that year. Is that a correct assumption on your part?

This is what Carson had to say about it himself:

....As for the tackle that led to it all, Palmer said Kimo von Oelhoffen did nothing.

“I don’t know Kimo personally,” Palmer said. “From what I’ve heard, he’s a classy guy. Football is football. I don’t think it was malicious at all. He’s a guy with a high motor that plays hard and was playing hard.

“It just happened. I don’t think in any way he was trying to do anything. It’s just part of the game.”

The Steelers lineman was stumbling as he came off a block and lunged at Palmer’s legs, crashing into the side of his left knee. Palmer tore the anterior cruciate ligament when the leg bowed...

I should have asked that question differently above. I didn't mean that Carson wasn't a good QB, however, he's never going to take the Bengals to a SB victory. It requires more than one person to win a SB and the Bengals don't have it. While I hate Chad Johnson, he is a good receiver, but him and Carson cannot do it alone.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:49 AM

3,326 posts, read 4,559,341 times
Quote:
Give the Bungals some rope and there will be more arrests, I'm sure! Did you not see/read the papers?? 6 Bengal players plastered across the top. I'm trying to remember the headline....it had something to do with 6 being arrested. I will have to dig that up for you to refresh your memory. You still don't see the Pittsburgh Mayor making statements like yours did about our football team and you don't see our coach on national TV saying how embarrassed he is over players actions off the field. That is lame when your coach and your mayor are on TV speaking about embarrassments and getting the players in line.

It's very well known throughout the NFL that the Rooneys do not tolerate crap with their players.

Except those that are any good.

And I do like the Rooneys. Class acts, active in Irish-American groups. I golfed with Tim Rooney last year in Spring Lake, NJ. Nice guy.

Did I just blow your mind?

Old 07-25-2008, 08:59 AM

3,326 posts, read 4,559,341 times
. theve been to the playoffs once with marvin lewis. mike tomlin has only been a one year coach, and does 3 times better job than marvin lewis has ever done in his life. Bill Cowher went a season 15-1 with a rookie QB leading his team. has Carson Palmer done that when he was a rookie, no.[/quote]

Here, I will help you little boy:

Begin every sentence with a capital letter.
It's i-m-m-a-t-u-r-e, not imature.
It's ocho-cinco. Not ocho-sinco.
It's They've. Not theve.

There is no doubt that the Steelers have had much more success than the Bengals have had. Not even close. However, I'm not sure if you want to compare what Mike Tomlin has accomplished with the Steelers his first year than what Marvin Lewis has accomplished with the Bengals his first year. Tomlin inherited a team 2 years removed from the Super Bowl and went 10-6. Lewis inherited a terrible Bengals team that went 2-14 the year before he came in and turned them around to post an 8-8 record. That's a +6 win differential. Very impressive. Lewis's first year was more impressive and he had to go through a tougher time. Tomlin will be a good coach I think so I'm not knocking him at all. However, I just need to continue to educate you on your poor statements.

Last edited by Canes2006Champs; 08-01-2008 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: edited quote
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or