U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 11:10 AM

7,228 posts, read 8,237,914 times

Advertisements

What do you guys think about Houston as a wild-card team?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 11:22 AM
JJG

13,247 posts, read 19,182,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Possible. The AFC South might be the most competitive division in the AFC with three teams going to the playoffs. The Colts (of course), The Jaguars, and the Texans. Titans finish 7-9.

Old 07-28-2008, 12:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,606 times
Smile 2009 super bowl predictions...

New orleans saints over new england patriots!!!

Old 07-28-2008, 03:30 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,543,898 times
Quote:
Very possible. They have improved as well.

It's all about injuries and depth. What teams can avoid them and what teams can overcome them?

Old 07-28-2008, 03:53 PM
Status: "Dow hits new high - over 27,000!" (set 3 days ago)

46,878 posts, read 37,036,075 times
Quote:
They can, but Jacksonville will have to slip a little bit. Tennessee cannot be counted on and Indy is still going to be good, but probably not as good as they were. It's also possible to be 9-7 and not go to the playoffs in this conference. If Houston can go 10-6, they'll be in. One thing to remember about this year's Texans isn't the players, but new assistant head coach Alex Gibbs. It is he who will make all the difference with Matt Schaub, Andre Johnson, and rookie Steve Slaton. Gibbs is a genius with implementing his style of the running game, and he'll be working with offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan in incorporating zone blocking for the linemen. That will be the key to improving the overall offensive execution. It should be fun to watch and they'd better stay healthy this time around.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:22 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,844,030 times
Quote:
Definitely possible! They have improved their roster dramatically especially on Defense. If they can at least split their two games with Indy and Jacksonville, they have a shot. I can totally see them win 9 or 10 games and get in.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:45 PM

201 posts, read 433,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanwannabe View Post
Sour grapes??? Pittsburgh has 5 rings--nothing to be sour about He's a she and NO, not every team cheats That's just the Pats fans trying to make excuses for their cheating team and Mr.BeliCHEAT!

The Browns and Bungals aren't that smart to cheat.
I'm actually an Eagles fan and yes every team cheats.. Holding is cheating, happens every offensive snap, teams steal signs, cheating is part of the game..

Old 07-28-2008, 10:46 PM

201 posts, read 433,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
How the heck do you know who cheats and who doesn't? Who are you? The NFL Intelligence Officer or something? This is a tired arguement, time to move on........ YAWN...
Sounds like you need to wake up and realize cheating is part of the game.. The real task is not getting caught.. Have you ever played sports?

Old 07-29-2008, 03:11 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,309 posts, read 11,181,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayersd1 View Post
sounds like you need to wake up and realize cheating is part of the game.. The real task is not getting caught.. Have you ever played sports?
yawn...stop making excuses!

Old 07-29-2008, 03:18 AM

3,675 posts, read 7,844,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayersd1 View Post
Sounds like you need to wake up and realize cheating is part of the game.. The real task is not getting caught.. Have you ever played sports?
I am awake.. The question is are you? Get your head out of the sand. You're not answering my question, who the hell are you to know who cheats and who doesn't and the extent of it or whatever? Yes, I've played sports at collegiate level even not that it's related to anything we're talking about.

Have your opinion, I'll have mine but don't judge me and come down on me with some lame excuse I've heard too many times. I don't have to think like you. Cheating is cheating is cheating and is cheating period. I'd rather lose with honor and good sportsmanship rather than winning by cheating, that doesn't count in my book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or