Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 12:31 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,442,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Super Bowl LI

Lions 34
Browns 17
You could take 100.00 to Vegas and let me know what odds you get on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 04:06 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,054,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesa123 View Post
1. Tom Brady has a down year. Brady's age catches up to him and like Peyton, he has a below average season. He throws less tds and more interceptions and doesn't break 4000 yards.
Highly unlikely. Brady has shown almost zero signs of age related decline and I fully expect that Belichick will reload the offense in the offseason. That, plus the return of players injured in 2015 should see Brady have another MVP caliber season.

Quote:
2. Chip Kelly and the 49ers bring in Sam Bradford, and get a wild card spot.
Possible, but I'd fully expect Kelly to use Kaepernick in a read option role. That experiment may or may not work, but it's what I predict they will do.

Quote:
3. Fitzpatrick re-signs with the Jets and leads the Jets to their first playoff birth since 2010. Also, the Bills finish 2nd above New England and clinch their first playoff birth since 1999.
I agree on the Jets, but I don't see the Bills overtaking New England yet.

Quote:
4. The Chicago Bears under John Fox improves again, and finish in 2nd behind the Vikings and maybe a wild card spot.
I think the Bears will improve but I don't see them finishing above the Packers and Vikings yet.

Quote:
5. The Packers and Seahawks have down years. Aaron Rodgers has another subpar year and the Seahawks defense declines again and both teams finish 8-8.
I don't see this happening.

Quote:
6. The Redskins either work out a deal with Kirk Cousins or franchise him, and the Redskins win the NFC East again making them the first team to win the East for consecutive seasons in a while. The Cowboys finish with a losing record but Jason Garrett stays with Dallas because of Jerry Jones.
I don't disagree except on Garrett. If the Cowboys don't make a serious playoff run I'm sure Jones will can Garrett.

Quote:
7. The Panthers overachieved last season and finish in 3rd in the South. The Falcons will win the South and an improved Winston places the Bucs in 2nd. The Saints are a downhill team I believe and finish last, and continue to finish last for a while.
Doubt it. The Bucs aren't ready to take the division and I doubt the Falcons and Saints can improve enough to overtake the Panthers, overrated as they are.

Quote:
8. The Jaguars and an improved defense wins the AFC South. The Colts finish second and again, Luck proves to be overrated. The Titans progress again under Marcus and the Texans finish 4th.
Could see this. Jacksonville has slowly been building a tough team.

Quote:
9. Big Ben and the Steelers win 1st seed and eventually the AFC.
I don't think their defense will be strong enough to do that yet.

Quote:
10. Carson Palmer improves in the playoffs and the Cardinals will face the Steelers in the Super Bowl, a Super Bowl rematch.
I don't think it will be the Steelers, but the Cardinals are my early pick for the NFC title.

Old 02-15-2016, 11:51 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,220,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesa123 View Post
1. Tom Brady has a down year. Brady's age catches up to him and like Peyton, he has a below average season. He throws less tds and more interceptions and doesn't break 4000 yards.
I know everyone's busting your balls on this.. I won't go that route, but I'm not going to fully back you up on it either. I will say.. With QBs.. They all seem to have this light switch that turns off their abilities between 36 and 40. Brady will be 39 next year.

Look at Schaub.. Vick.. They're the toast of the town.. Then poof.
Quote:
2. Chip Kelly and the 49ers bring in Sam Bradford, and get a wild card spot.
Don't see it. Philly needs Bradford. They resign him.
Quote:
3. Fitzpatrick re-signs with the Jets and leads the Jets to their first playoff birth since 2010. Also, the Bills finish 2nd above New England and clinch their first playoff birth since 1999.
I think Fitz might wind up in Cleveland. That's.. A little out there. But, I could see it. Jets tend to just make dumb moves at QB.. Though, not as many as Cleveland.

Buffalo.. Possible. I think more towards an 8-8 year for them.. Taylor will have the sophomore slump, but not horrible.

Quote:
4. The Chicago Bears under John Fox improves again, and finish in 2nd behind the Vikings and maybe a wild card spot.
Improve, yes. But, until Cutler is gone. I don't see playoffs. 8-8.

Quote:
5. The Packers and Seahawks have down years. Aaron Rodgers has another subpar year and the Seahawks defense declines again and both teams finish 8-8.
I agree, but not to that extent. We're seeing the beginning stages of the decline of both franchises. Seattle from losing players, Packers from age. 9-7 and 10-6.. Pick which gets which record.

Quote:
6. The Redskins either work out a deal with Kirk Cousins or franchise him, and the Redskins win the NFC East again making them the first team to win the East for consecutive seasons in a while. The Cowboys finish with a losing record but Jason Garrett stays with Dallas because of Jerry Jones.
Cousins isn't going anywhere. And, yes.. I see them winning the NFC East. Not a strong performance in winning.. 10-6 most likely.

Garrett.. Depends on how bad they do. Healthy Romo and a sub-.500 record? He's gone.

Quote:
7. The Panthers overachieved last season and finish in 3rd in the South. The Falcons will win the South and an improved Winston places the Bucs in 2nd. The Saints are a downhill team I believe and finish last, and continue to finish last for a while.
Winston hits the sophomore wall. There'll be regression there. Not horrible, but.. They could hold serve.. So, i'll go with 6-10. Panthers.. No question overachieved. Cam has a bad game, he comes apart. But.. Look at the competition.. I give them 12-4, taking the division.. Atlanta close behind at 10-6.

Quote:
8. The Jaguars and an improved defense wins the AFC South. The Colts finish second and again, Luck proves to be overrated. The Titans progress again under Marcus and the Texans finish 4th.
Ok.. You're high.. lol. No way the Jags win. Luck bounces back, wins the division, but a tight contest with Houston. 10-6 vs 9-7 for the Texans. Jags and Titans are sub-500. I like the Jags.. I think they're building.. But.. they're 2-3 years from competing.

Quote:
9. Big Ben and the Steelers win 1st seed and eventually the AFC.
Ben's getting up there in age, and the injury bug got him this year.. That's the only reason i'll hesitate to back this.
Quote:
10. Carson Palmer improves in the playoffs and the Cardinals will face the Steelers in the Super Bowl, a Super Bowl rematch.
Cardinals have ditched the losing attitude and are for real. I'd say they're the best looking team in the NFC right now. Certainly see them in the playoffs, and Bowl-bound is a strong possibility. Steelers.. All rides on Ben. And.. I should mention.. Palmer is right in 'light switch' territory as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football