Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 06:56 AM

9,909 posts, read 7,689,224 times

Advertisements

Atlanta
Buffalo
Chicago
Green Bay
San Diego
New Orleans
NY Jets
Philadelphia
Minnesota
Seattle
NY Giants
Detroit
New England
Pittsburgh
L.A. Rams
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2016, 08:10 AM

3,644 posts, read 4,494,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Did hits to the head become legal again?

Seemed like Cam got dinged a few times (that I saw)... flag was thrown once.

Yeah, that's how Denver plays though, dirty. They pretty much always have. Several helmet to helmet hits, they all looked intentional to me, aiming for Benjamin's knees twice, smh. It is what it is. That rookie QB is good though, he's got some accuracy. He and Sanders were connecting well.

Old 09-09-2016, 09:43 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
I'm probably the only guy in Charlotte who thinks the Panthers will collapse post-Superbowl. So far, they're already off to a worse start than last season.
I am not expecting the Panthers to go 15-1 in the regular season. They will be back in the postseason after winning the NFC South.

Old 09-09-2016, 10:52 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,607,829 times

Dobbin Sez: Luv Peyton Manning! He was there for both my cuzzins' Super Bowls (Broncos & Colts)!

Old 09-09-2016, 04:19 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,445,137 times
First game Carolina @ Denver finally almost here!

Carolina @ Denver - I know this game already happened, but I would have picked Carolina. D'oh!
Tampa Bay @ Atlanta - choosing the home team as I know little about this division.
Buffalo @ Baltimore - Buffalo will provide its traditional false hope through the early weeks of the season before middling out just after their bye week.
Chicago @ Houston - I agree that Houston is overrated, but Chicago isn't even that.
Green Bay @ Jacksonville - I see GB as a team in decline and JAX as a team on the upswing.
San Diego @ Kansas City - it's a divisional game so I could be surprised, but KC is the better team and they are playing at home.
Oakland @ New Orleans - I know it's become trendy to say Oakland will be good this year, but I genuinely think they will be.
Cincinnati @ NY Jets - after cincinnati's shameful display in the playoffs last year, I think they are demoralized and undisciplined and won't even make playoffs this year. They say Marvin Lewis is the Susan Lucci of NFL playoffs, but people don't realize it took Susan Lucci 19 times before she won. So this team is only halfway thru their curse.
Cleveland @ Philadelphia - Poor, poor Cleveland fans. At least the Cavs won though.
Minnesota @ Tennessee - Minnesota's QB situation is sad. I think they would have won this.
Miami @ Seattle - Seattle is a better team playing at home. New arrival Mario Williams will give them trouble, but Pete Carroll always has a plan B.
NY Giants @ Dallas - the nfc east is so hard to predict this year, but I think NY has the better team.
Detroit @ Indianapolis - the colts were supposed to be a bad team with a great franchise QB, but are they even that anymore? And Detroit really improved toward the end of last season after a rough start.
New England @ Arizona - With Tom Brady, this would have been a great match up. Without him, I think Arizona rolls over NE.
Pittsburgh @ Washington - Pittsburgh is another team that was looking great toward the end of last season.
L.A. Rams @ San Francisco - I think the relocation provides the Rams with new energy. It sucks they are not kicking off the season at home. But they will beat up on their inferior division rival.

Last edited by juppiter; 09-09-2016 at 04:36 PM..

Old 09-10-2016, 06:38 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,613,288 times
I had the Pats with an upset over the Cardinals. Now they are saying Gronk is out of the game too. Might need to change my pick.

Old 09-10-2016, 07:40 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times
I always enjoy reading comments, and seeing the Packers as a "team in decline" is downright amusing!

They could lose and have a rough outing on Sunday, but decline??? Nope!

Old 09-10-2016, 07:57 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,613,288 times
As long as Aaron is there, I see no decline. I think what we have seen though, since the 2010 super bowl title though, is a team that for various reasons, has not met their high expectations. I thought McCarthy was a bit seat candidate last year and still think he is one again this year.

The great QB's of this generation are going to multiple superbowls. Brady, Peyton, Big Ben, Wilson. Even Eli went to two. Rodgers has to at least get to one more.

Old 09-10-2016, 09:16 AM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Cleveland over Philadelphia
Jacksonville over Green Bay

Old 09-10-2016, 10:33 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
As long as Aaron is there, I see no decline. I think what we have seen though, since the 2010 super bowl title though, is a team that for various reasons, has not met their high expectations. I thought McCarthy was a bit seat candidate last year and still think he is one again this year.

The great QB's of this generation are going to multiple superbowls. Brady, Peyton, Big Ben, Wilson. Even Eli went to two. Rodgers has to at least get to one more.
Eli > Rodgers....LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football